2023 StL Game #35: Sunday, May 7 vs. Tigers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2023 StL Game #35: Sunday, May 7 vs. Tigers

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

One of our “snake bit” situations is Goldy’s homers. He hit two in one of those Giants games I believe, then came up late with the bases full and hit into a DP.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Unless a person prepares themselves to approach a Johnny interview with a mindset that’s geared towards spotting subtle comedy, they’ll be disturbed by what he says. The key is to only listen closely to his voice inflection and tone and to ignore the words he utters. It’s also important to focus on his facial expressions and mannerisms as he’s speaking. This sort of approach works well with almost any run of the mill shyster and comes highly recommened as an excellent source of both unique and amusing humor.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well that Edman error was costly.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Launch angle for the win. Donovan 3-run HR.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Finally something to cheer about!

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Nice of their defense to keep gifting us runners

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Two more runs. Nice hit Nootbar. 10-6. Detroit starting to look like us. Ha!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe since Knizner knows he is going to be the everyday catcher for awhile he can relax and hit a little bit.

But raise your hand if you think our bullpen can hold this lead without a lot of drama?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’m going to wait until the end of this game to form a judgement, but when you see Knizner push across 2 runs with a solid oppo double, I’m comforted by a glimmer of hope that the legions of evil baseball gypies may have begun to be excorcised.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Detroit has self destructed. Love seeing that. Good job taking advantage. Kick them whist they are down, stomp them good, they may yet get back up.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

But raise your hand if you think our bullpen can hold this lead without a lot of drama?

They’ve already given up five runs in one inning.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

gscottar, I’m sitting on my hands!

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

And since the Cardinals have already given up six runs in this game, the catching switch isn’t have the desired effect on run prevention.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shockingly Marmol brings in VerHagen instead of Hicks.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

They’ve already given up five runs in one inning.

Some of those were unearned tho.

My guess is they’ll squeeze it out but if it gets down to a 1 run lead they’ll be in trouble.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

the catching switch isn’t have the desired effect on run prevention.

Mo can’t blame injuries this year so he needed something else to blame.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well I leave to take grandson on a walk we are up 3-1, come back its10-6 cardinals. Good n bad

858booyah
    Participant

Free

And since the Cardinals have already given up six runs in this game, the catching switch isn’t have the desired effect on run prevention.

Matz gave up 1 earned run. I know it’s early but that is a step in the right direction. Either that or just a one off and he gets lit up or injured in his next start. Lol

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

That Detroit GS may have done the trick in the context of the evil baseball gypsies expending their last reserves of malevolent powers in an attempt to make the final push to destroy and bury the cause of good and right. When that happens, it’s very often the case that the benevolent baseball gypsies return with a vengeance to drive out the weakened powers of evil once and for all and save the cause of righteousness. The trick is to never again allow the evil baseball gypsies any sort of foothold…I’m aware it sounds like a proclamation sourced from a lunatic asylum, but there’s a lot more to this stuff than you’d think.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Matz had some good games last year. But more often than not, he had that one bad inning where he gave up four or five runs. He was only at 84 pitches when they took him out. I am guessing they were expecting to avert giving up five runs by going to the bullpen.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Cards were up 3-0. I went to do yardwork – come back in and they are down 6-3.

As soon as I sat down the rally started therefore I take full credit for the comeback.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

See there? Foul ball by inches in the RF corner. We may have a chance…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

No more yardwork today, ZTR!

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Not to jinx them but this was a needed win.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who is this guy in the #7 jersey?

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.