2022 Cardinals MLB Game 90 thread – Tuesday, July 12 vs. Dodgers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 90 thread – Tuesday, July 12 vs. Dodgers

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Odd stat of the night. The Cardinals also played the Dodgers affiliate Tulsa, and also won 7-6.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Who are they throwing in relief tomorrow?

I got a feeling we have a TJ McFarland sighting tomorrow. Let’s hope it’s up 6-7 runs.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know if I am sorry or glad to miss that whirlwind, my blood pressure would have buried the needle.

Its a W and not an L so that’s all that matters, but we will have to see if the effort to hide the so called starter and limp him through a few innings will end up costing us. That aspect of it didn’t even work anyway as Liby’s performance proved to be not really worth the effort. Quite a few unlikely heroes was fun to read up on.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks for the kind words gents. I think John Denton is a pretty good beat writer. Mostly just news without too much fluff.

As for the game last night:

Albert seems to be finding the fountain of youth for a few days at least.

My request to Marmol is more Helsley and less Gallegos please.

A hat tip to Junior Fernandez this year. He wasn’t perfect last night but has been very good this year.

And how about Packy Naughton? Wow, the Wacky Pack has turned into a force out of the bullpen. At least one of Mo’s acquisitions is paying dividends.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My request to Marmol is more Helsley and less Gallegos please.

As far as last night’s game, it appeared from Marmol’s and Helsley’s body mechanics and the few words that I could lip read from seeing them in the dugout in between innings, that Helsley was not up to pitching another inning, Scotty. There’s two schools of thought on this. First off, it’s a relatively rare thing where for the betterment of the club, a player who for whatever reason, knows he’s not 100% ready to tackle the task at hand, admits to his manager that it would be best if he took a seat and let another player get the job done. And the other thought is that you want a bulldog out there, especially in a closer’s role, who no matter what the circumstances, is chomping at the bit to get into the game and tame the opposition. Maybe Brian has some info as to why Helsley didn’t pitch the 9th?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And how about Packy Naughton? Wow, the Wacky Pack has turned into a force out of the bullpen. At least one of Mo’s acquisitions is paying dividends

I believe Bob Reed was beating the “Packy to the pen” drum for a while. I’m glad to see that our money hasn’t been totally wasted.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Packy is indeed a rare bird in that the bigger the pickle he’s been handed, the better he preforms. If his modus operandi in this regard continues, how valuable of a reliever does that make him? Just a few more solid games out of Packy and the Cardinals better start seriously thinking about unpacking a brand spanking new contract extension for the young man……. before he gets super expensive.

wagee12
    Participant

Yes, move Packy to the back end of the bullpen and put ole Gally to the middle innings where he belongs.

wagee12
    Participant

Gally is a middle innings reliever. I hope Ollie figures that out sooner rather than later.

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years