2022 Cardinals MLB Game 90 thread – Tuesday, July 12 vs. Dodgers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 90 thread – Tuesday, July 12 vs. Dodgers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    LHP Matthew Liberatore (2-1, 4.74) vs. RHP Mitch White (1-1, 3.38)
    BSM // TBS // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSE and BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Dodgers will come into this series having won seven in a row. And nine of their last ten. This won’t be easy. They just swept the Cubs in Los Angeles. I’ll take one of these three and be happy.

14NyquisT
    Participant

These bats can’t stay cold any longer….. Cards win tonight behind Mikolas and take two of three from the Bums…. Liberatore- Wainwright- Hudson.
    As for the Brewers….. they hit the road for two at MIN and then 4 in SF. Those two teams will be waiting for them. They go 2 and 4.

Ya just have to expect the unexpected.

ps….. Where is Larry Jaster when you need him?

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

NyquisT he’s off fishing with Hal Woodeshick and Barney Schultz

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let us not forget Joe Hoerner (no relation to Nico), gentlemen. Mitch White? Let’s hope we’re not all calling him Cy White at around 8:45pm(cst) tonight. I see 2-3 in the cards for us in this series, gang.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Joe Hoerner driving the bus was hilarious.

bccran
    Participant

Welcome to the majors, Libby.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Liberatore has the worst matchups.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Hoping DC is in the 2 spot in the lineup tonight, that’s his ideal position if he keeps hitting and getting on base. IF they were all clicking and IF all were healthy, a 2-6 of DC(SH), Goldy, old Nolan, Young Nolan(LH), TON would be very solid in the 2nd half.. Big “IF’s” there obviously.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Change in the starting pitcher.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Seems like a big downgrade, as Hicks has been solid out of the pen? Hopefully Libby isn’t hurt.

bccran
    Participant

Libby will be in long relief. The change is so Libby doesn’t get shell shocked out of the gate by the Dodgers top hitters.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

I really appreciate your news updates GS. Keep up with good work! Plz

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

This is four games Donovan has missed. He must have had a bad bug.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, Scotty is a true diamond in the rough, JJ. Din-din tonight will be cold smoked salmon, wild shrimp cocktail, pasta salad drenched in onions and Italian dressing, deviled eggs and 3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies.

A mere 50 minutes now until first pitch.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

All this is nonsense. We don’t need to be doing the stupid opener thing. Molina out until August just seems stupid. Is there even an injury. To me this whole season has been ran in the worst way possible.

bccran
    Participant

I don’t understand how someone can take as much time away from work as they wish, when they’re under contract.
    And I don’t understand the mentality when they know their leadership is needed – letting down all their teammates.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Larry Jaster had that season, 1966 I believe, where he shut out the Dodgers five times. And LA won the pennant that year, but mostly due to stellar pitching. They were sort of like the ‘80s Cardinals – small ball, speed and defense.

Hicks to play the “opener” role. Kind of strange, but oh well.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Good to hear O’Neill is close to returning. He could really be a factor in the second half, if he can stay on the field.

Carlson seems to have come alive as a center fielder – both on offense and defense.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

gsscot does have good news posts. Thought I saw something about Covid symptoms with Donovan. Thats usually about 2 weeks. Molina was really looking lame running and hitting both. Old man age catches up with us all. Lineup tonight looks good to me but Thought I’d see Carlson behind Nado since hes been hot lately. Maybe Gorman after Edman.
    Din-din was Taco Tuesday. Is that salmon one you caught Pugs?
    Go Cardinals!

858booyah
    Participant

Free

When you play 20 years in the bigs you get a little leeway.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Love Wooster’s Taco Tuesdays. No, the salmon was store bought, Wooster. We decided not to take any fish back with us, but we ate tons of trout and seafood for 8 straight days and nights while on vacation.

I still haven’t caught Covid yet. Since the pandemic get-go, every morning I splash some of the wifey’s retinol cream around my nose and ears to steer the virus away, so maybe that has helped. We know that Covid despises two things……alcohol and copper. I’m a huge old one cent collector too. Every night at home while watching the Cards game or other things on tv, I go through two $25 one cent boxes and pull out the copper and wheat pennies……so maybe even that helps with covid? Anyone else here not had it? Hope Donovan recovers quickly…..we need him.

Hicks keeps LA off the scoreboard in the 1st…..but he did log 21 pitches in the process.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.