2022 Cardinals MLB Game 90 thread – Tuesday, July 12 vs. Dodgers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 90 thread – Tuesday, July 12 vs. Dodgers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

The only people I know who say they didn’t have Covid are those who actually did have it but won’t admit it. I had all the shots and have it twice myself. Like I said others refused to be tested because they were anti-vaccers. Didn’t matter everybodys had it anyway.
    Glad Hicks did good. Hes had trouble with the 2nd inning so maybe it will work. Its been done that wat before

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re right Wooster. I bet over 90% of the US populace has already had covid, but some showed no significant symptoms, so they had no idea that they had covid.

Hicks gives way to Oviedo after 1 2/3 innings of work. He cannot win this game, but he can lose it, as he’s responsible for Bellinger at 1st base, who walked.

Oviedo gets Barnes to pop out to Arenado in foul territory to retire the side.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Albert lines a homer to left for a 1-0 lead!

A Yepez single, Dickinson double and a wild pitch plates another Cardinal run. Now Knizner sends a roller up the middle and out into center and it’s 3-0 Birds. Edman slaps a base hit to left.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They ruled an E-5 on Edman’s hard hit grounder that went under Turner’s glove…..the official scorer may want to take another look at that one.
    Carlson grounds out to end the Redbird 2nd….3-0 Birds.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve been pretty impressed with Oviedo’s pitching of late. He’s getting slightly squeezed in this Betts at bat, but it doesn’t prevent him from striking him out anyway. Turner with an infield hit and boy can he fly….he just may be the fastest player in the game. Freeman doubles Turner in and it’s 3-1 St. Louis. Smith flies out to Dickinson in left. Justin Turner

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman launches home run #8 into the right-center field seats with nobody on base and it’s 4-1 Good Guys. 417 feet is the tale of the tape on that beauty.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Gorman Dinger!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Libby can pick up the win here with just a couple nice innings of work. I’d love to see him register 4 or 5 frames. And Libby sets them down 1-2-3 on just 10 pitches here in the 4th…..all ground balls.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dickerson blisters a double down the line in left to lead off the Cardinal 4th in fine fashion…..and he’s sizzling red hot at the plate right now. Knizner follows that act up with a little wounded duck that falls in for a hit in short right field and it’s 5-1 Cardinals…….both Dickerson and Knizner are 2-2 tonight. Edman raps into a twin killing to erase Knizner off the base paths. And speaking of Edman, as requested, the official scorer did come to his senses and go back to review his E-5 verdict on Tommy’s last at bat……he is now credited with a hit.

A Carlson walk and a Goldy base hit puts men in red on the corners with 2 out. Arenado grounds it right up the middle and out into center for a hit that will score Carlson……6-1 Cards. Gorman flies out to right to retire the side.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Molina out until August just seems stupid. Is there even an injury

And I don’t understand the mentality when they know their leadership is needed – letting down all their teammates.

I thought from the get go Molina looked over weight and unmotivated. He showed up late to camp and I doubted the reason then when I saw his weight. I try to give a veteran like him benefit of doubt with the motivation part, but he never seemed 100% invested. Maybe the time away he’s got himself motivated for the stretch run, or he’s actually nursed a sore knee.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Interesting Cards667. Let’s hope he’s ready and rearing to go come August.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Trea Turner drills a 2 run jack high up off the left field foul pole and the Cardinal lead has just been diced and sliced to a 6-3 advantage.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

I roll search too Pugs, but not at your rate. A box a week on average.
    I couldn’t tell you the last time I was sick. Maybe once every ten years, maybe. I’ve had the three shots but since my teen years I don’t get sick and that goes back way before roll searching copper.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Talk about a mismatch……the Reds are in the Big Apple this evening playing the Yankees. As expected, NY is leading 3-0 in the 4th. I know ANYTHING can happen in baseball, but Cincinnati has none….zero….zilch….. absolutely no chance of winning a game in that series. Arenado with a beauty of a play to end the Dodger 5th……6-3 Birds.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Beautiful JJ! Roll searching really gets into your blood and is very relaxing. Besides the unc copper and wheat cents, I also keep all of the oddities too. I have a drawer full of cents with the various States on them, holes in them, beautiful toned cents, a few magician coins with heads on both sides and other strange ones. I’m lucky in that my bank has 14 boxes for me every Monday……I just pull up to the drive thru to pay them and then they meet me at their back door where they load them into my side door…..I don’t have to even step out of my vehicle. Many years ago I did the half dollars and quarters too, but for whatever reason, cents are my thing, so that’s all I do now. Cards don’t score in the 5th.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Libby out-Fernandez in. Good job by Libby and Fernandez’ has been doing good lately too!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

What’s gotten into these Cards tonight? I just started watching and see they have transformed from a woefully impotent group with the sticks to a rock solid juggernaut. They must’ve started a regimen of something besides copper or retinol cream. Just checked the box score and see Knizner has two RBI hits. He needed that. And from the look in the box score, they were real scorchers. It that the way they looked on TV?

Cards667
    Participant

Free

If this was the plan, why in the Sam heck was Liberatore kept up and Thompson sent down? Would have made way more sense to let Thompson, who was having success, be used in this role and not Liberatore.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

And from the look in the box score, they were real scorchers

Box scores are deceiving. I didn’t see his first, the 2nd was a jam shot blooped into shallow right. Dickerson, who has looked good again, read very well and scored from 2nd.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This Bickford fellow looks like he could pass for Goldilocks’ brother. Cards go down 1-2-3 in the 6th in a 6-4 Cardinal ballgame.

Lol Euro!!

Knizner’s first hit was a grounder up the middle that kind of scooted over Turner’s glove and out into center for a hit, Cards667 and Euro. I should go back and review it though.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

We wouldn’t blow yet another 5 run lead would we??

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Freeman, 3 opposite field hits. Maybe we should try playing him straight up.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So much for our big 6-1 lead.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bases drooling with Dodgers and no outs, as Fernandez exits and Packy Naughton enters. Maybe it’s just me, but I think our 6-5 lead will not be holding up much longer.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well that switch didn’t go well.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years