2022 Cardinals MLB Game 90 thread – Tuesday, July 12 vs. Dodgers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 90 thread – Tuesday, July 12 vs. Dodgers

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Packy yields two short outfield fly balls and amazingly we still have the lead. One more Packy! Wow! Bellinger has had 9 (well almost 9) lives in this at bat. Packy finally punches him out!!…..(in my best Howard Cossell voice)…down goes Bellinger…..down goes Bellinger! What a job by Packy!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Naughton

Packy Naughton

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice job Packy!!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Packy “I give you” Naughton to the rescue

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Cy Packy pulls a rabbit out of his hat! Lets score some runs now. Dodgers get 3 BLD s!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If not for Helsley, I would be vehemently calling for Packy to be our new closer right now.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How long is Donovan out for?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Blow these guys away, Helsley! Top of the 8th in a 6-5 Redbird ballgame.

Donovan is available to pinch hit tonight if needed, Cardinals27.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Helsley whiffs the first two Dodgers…..better late than never on the Betts caught looking for strike 3 call. Then Helsley gets out of the inning without a blemish on a long fly ball to Carlson in center.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

That was a break with Betts. Need to add a couple here. Hope not to see Gallegos in the 9th.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Helsley living right in the 8th. Got the fortunate called strikeout against Betts and Silk Carlson helps him by doing what he does in CF, hauling one in against the wall.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I saw that Knizner RBI single!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whoever bet the Knizner/Dickerson over 4 hits should get a 100-1 payoff.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hope not to see Gallegos in the 9th.

He’s the anti-Packy Naughton when it comes to “catch it and pitch it.” Insurance run will help.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Price on for LA here in the bottom of the 8th. Let’s stay with the action shall we?

Nooty rips a shot down the right field line and that baby is heading on the ground towards and up against the wall and Nooty has himself a double.

Dickerson grounds out to Lux, who made a nice play….Nooty scampers safely into 3rd.

Knizner slaps a hard grounder past the drawn in SS and out into left for a hit and that’s a big time insurance run that Mr. Knizner just bestowed upon his ball club……7-5 Cards…..listen to the crowd!

Edman smokes a liner into left for a base hit, with Knizner slapping on the brakes at 2nd. Just one insurance run here….. I’d even take two.

Carlson whiffs.

Goldy grounds into a force out.

Cards 7
    LA 5

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Center cut to Freeman not a good idea.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 9. Giovanni Gallegos center stage for the Cards.

Freeman destroys a 3-1 Gallegos fastball and deposits it deep into the right field seats for a homer. That ball went off Freeman’s bat and into the seats quicker than you can say “don’t blow this Giovanni!”

Smith caught looking for strike 3.

Justin Turner strikes out swinging……one more, GG……and I don’t mean Gordon Gekko.

Muncy walks on 4 pitches……the fourth being a dead red strike.

Lamb …..come on ump! Gallegos is getting squeezed big time…..Mr. Whipple is rolling over in his grave watching this. Lamb flies out to Carlson in center to end it.

Your fabulous final score:

St. Louis Cardinals 7
    Los Angeles Dodgers 6

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Gallegos seems to do much better in innings before the 9th. I’ll check the stats later. Gets the save when Lamb flies out on a 3-0 count.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I thought maybe Izzy was back

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Lost the strike zone?

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I love Gio, but man has he left a lot of pitches up this year and then over compensation ripping pitches, especially the slider, into the dirt. The last 3 HR he’s given up I know we’re supposed to be down and he’s missed badly and left a pitches right in the middle of the zone. He needs some extended rest and mechanical work and come back in the 2nd half the Gio we all love.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Gio makes it interesting, but great win tonight! Waino tomorrow, should be good again.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wow- brought my Blood Pressure right up there. I think hes got Reyes syndrome. Can’t pitch unless the house is on fire.
    Tight game but a winner! Kudos to the baby birds and Packy. Bull pen too.
    Good win for us!
    Go Cardinals!

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Well, well another winner. Let’s go for four in a row tomorrow.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Packy Naughton is untradable.

This win was for Wooster, Euro, JJ, KansasCardFan, Cardinals27 and Cards667.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years