2022 Cardinals MLB Game 160 thread – Monday, October 3 at Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 160 thread – Monday, October 3 at Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…If you want to take a look at that old thread, it’s interesting. It’s titled “Albert Pujols” and it’s in the menu of the open forums and was started last winter. I’d recommend looking at the first few pages. It’s almost funny now.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

If they let him play the next 2 games he will be below 143! Thanks for finding that! Great stuff! I mean at this point the pitchers just throw it right down the middle and he just wails away! Worst I have ever seen, and he is still playing!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Steve60…Oh, I know! The only thing you can possibly do is laugh to keep from crying…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

1982willie…Yeah, you along with Pugs both said he’d get to 700 HR’s on that old Pujols thread. I saw it the other day with my own eyes. I think the date on your comment was at the end of March…Haha! So, what’s going on with the commodities market?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

They sure are taking quite a few looks at Matz.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…If you want to take a look at that old thread, it’s interesting.

LOL, now I’m afraid to look! If I posted in that thread, I probably said something like it’s obvious that signing Pujols is all for show and selling tickets. But maybe not, I don’t think I was posting much back then.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Haha! “To make room for Albert Pujols on the 40 man roster the Cardinals DFA’d RHP Johan Quezada”…Anyone wish we still had old Johan?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It’s a trick, Steve, Oli is playing 3D chess. You get opposing pitchers to groove a few for DeJong, then they lose their edge and toss a couple fat ones to the rest of the lineup.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…Haha! I didn’t see you anywhere on that thread, but there were countless comments that were precisely along the lines that you just mentioned. The only names I’ll mention were the only guys who were right. And 1982willie and Pugs are genuine fortune tellers! HAHA!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Anyone wish we still had old Johan?

Nobody picked him up and he has spent time in Springfield and Memphis this year.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Why do they keep showing the big dude in a Cardinal sweater??

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…That’s good to hear. We double down and win on both ends! Maybe he can take Wainwright’s place for the post-season…Haha!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

BikeMike…Haha! That sweater’s second prize for the trivia contest winners…

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Ah now that makes sense. Nice sweater,but the Hernandez oven mitt is better. 😀

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…That’s good to hear. We double down and win on both ends! Maybe he can take Wainwright’s place for the post-season…Haha!

Now we’re moving to 4D chess. Quezada gives up a ton of walks, but he doesn’t let that stop him from giving up a lot hits too. He’s a WHIP savage.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And Pallante gives up a dinger to Suwinksi and it’s now a 2-2 tie.

We are beat. Doom and gloom. Woe and Despair.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…You mentioned that it wouldn’t surprise you if Pujols had a monumental moment or two in the post-season. That’s my impression as well. I also think there’s a good chance that his little buddy Molina will make his presence felt. Both of these guys are headed to the HOF because they battle the best when the stakes are high and pushed to the center of the table.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Pallante not impressive tonight. Matz was though.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…HAHA! “He’s a WHIP savage.” I’m glad I didn’t look him up!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

BikeMike…Matz makes me nervous. I know we didn’t see much of him this year, but I remember early in the season during 2 turns I watched him take in the rotation, it seemed as though he allowed more taters than Ore-Ida…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

BikeMike…All our trivia sweepstakes oven mitts are autographed by Bill Buckner. We tried to get Keith’s endorsement, but couldn’t negotiate a contract…

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Pitiful

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

DeJong looks like a thoroughly beaten man that Marmol keeps asking to step into the box to be kicked and pummeled just one more time.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

DeJong strikes out for the 3rd time.

No reason at all for him to get an atbat in the upcoming wild card series.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Gallegos’ command is not there either (Pallante was rough too).

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.