2022 Cardinals MLB Game 160 thread – Monday, October 3 at Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 160 thread – Monday, October 3 at Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Cards667…”Precautionary, no reason to push him?” Haha! Sounds like he’s working at a potentionally dangerous height and should be outfitted with a safety harness and lanyard tied off to a fixed point…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

stlcard25…WINNER! The only HR Joe ever tatered-up for in his long career was allowed by his big brother Phil in ’76. It was no “gimme” either. It came in the 7th and broke up a 2-2 tie ballgame in which Joe went on to be the winning pitcher of decision in a 4-3 Astro victory over Phil and the Braves. Good guess on the second question. You’re on the right track with Martinez, but he’s not the guy.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rafael Pamiero?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Yepez not impressing anybody with the stick tonight.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Has anyone heard anything regarding a time for Friday’s opener? I’ve been led to believe it was almost certainly going to be a day game.

Hasn’t been announced yet. For whatever factor it plays, the home teams will be Toronto, Cleveland, St Louis, and NY Mets (unless they miraculously overtake the Braves).

The four start times are (Eastern time) 1PM, 4PM & 8PM, all on ESPN, plus a 2PM start on ABC. So who gets the prime time slot? The Mets? NY market and star power of NYM and SD will be the choice probably.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

stlcard25…WINNER! You aced two in a row. Are you sure you’re not Johnny Vander Meer…Haha! In additon to being used almost exclusively as a DH that season and receiving a GG award, Palmiero also holds the distinction of possibly being the world’s dumbest liar…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

BTW assuming the Phillies will be the opponent is a stretch right now. They are in Houston to finish the season.

Not a sure thing, but probability is pretty high. Phils must lose all 3 remaining games AND MIL must win all 3 remaining games for MIL to end up in St Louis Friday.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…I’m pretty sure the Cardinals will get one of the earliest first pitch times. I just hope it’s not one of these fiascos where they keep cutting away from one game to another or the times overlap.

1982 willie
    Participant

Pirates second baseman totally drops the throw from the shortstop, never had it at all but ump said he did. That’s horrible. Of course kizner didn’t slide, just ran through bag so wouldn’t have mattered but still horrible call. Maybe we do actually need real robot umpires.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards have had the leadoff man on three times in five innings. They’ve had the first two on two innings in a row…with nothing to show for it. Gotta be better with RISP.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

1td, the one concern I see is the 1PM start could bump into the 4PM start on ESPN. If so, maybe they’ll shift one of the games to one of their other channels to deconflict. I’ve seen that happen before. I checked and their other channels aren’t showing anything with nearly as high a programming value as an MLB playoff game.

1982 willie
    Participant

Albert another homer, passes the babe in rbis.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Save some for Friday, Albert…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pujols jacks another one.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Albert terrorizing Pittsburgh once again. Nice to see someone swinging the bat well, at least.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Wow…Albert Pujols and Babe Ruth.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Save some for Friday, Albert…

1td, I saw where you found an old thread where a couple posters predicted Albert to get 700. I didn’t make a prediction (not that I remember), and it’s not really valid to say what you would’ve predicted after the fact, but I am positive I would’ve said he won’t get 700.

So I’ve gone from that, to now thinking Albert is the most likely Card to do something dramatic at the plate in the playoffs.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pitchers are throwing meatballs to Dejong now. It almost takes more ability to miss the pitches he gets than hit them.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

And DeJong continues to be the thorn in the Cards side.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

I will just never understand why we continue to let Paul Dejong bat! It is just ridiculous! He can’t hit, period! If he plays the next two games his average will be under 140, for the SEASON! Has anyone in baseball history with as many at bats as he has had been that low! I doubt it! If they start him in the playoffs I have lost all respect for these guys! It just makes no sense!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…Pugs predicted not only 700 HR’s, but 23 this season. As it turns out, he sold Albert 1 HR short so far…Haha! I had a conversation with my son when we first heard Pujols was signed and I distinctly recall telling him I didn’t think there was any way he’d reach #700. My best hope was for a chance to pass Rodriguez. I’d feel comfortable stating that I saw 99% of Albert’s AB’s before he left for California, so I should have known better…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Steve60…Keep it up and Ollie will have him in the 3 slot come Friday…Haha!

Steve60
    Participant

Free

1toughd, I am so frustrated by it! There just is no reasonable explanation for it! I’m convinced if he is on the roster they will start him! He has to have pictures of DeWitt or Mo that he is blackmailing them!

1982 willie
    Participant

Albert getting close to that 705 I said he might get. Funny my son and I talk baseball all the time. He mentioned how great trout has been this year with limited time. And it’s impressive. 39 homers in 426 at bats. But pujols has been impressive as well. 24 homers in 305 at bats. Trouts a little better statistically but when you factor in Albert’s age, it’s pretty incredible.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If he plays the next two games his average will be under 140, for the SEASON! Has anyone in baseball history with as many at bats as he has had been that low!

I checked Fangraphs back as far as 1982…so in the last 41 seasons, here are the worst batting averages for guys with 200+ plate appearances in a season:

2021 Michael Perez .143
    2022 Brett Phillips .143
    2010 Brandon Wood .146
    2011 Tyler Colvin .150
    2022 Paul Dejong .152
    2019 Travis Shaw .157

If it’s worth anything, Dejong has the best “overall” line of that group. I guess you’d have to think that Dejong has a shot at the record if he keeps playing.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.