2022 Cardinals MLB Game 154 thread – Sunday, Sept. 25 at Dodgers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 154 thread – Sunday, Sept. 25 at Dodgers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Cards667
    Participant

Free

1) I’m going with Randy Johnson. I remember him getting him a few times. Don’t know if it was 5 though.

2) Salas was in early, Motte blew it, but I don’t remember if he was still in in the top of the 11. I want to say no. But I’ll say Motte, because I don’t remember who else came in.

3) too long ago for me

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

But really, just one win in the two Brewers games really slants then odds towards us. One win in those two games and we only need to win 3 of the seven other games to win the division.

mike, the news is even better than that for winning the division. If the Cards win just one of the games against the brewers, all that needs to happen in addition to that is for the Cards to win just one of their other games, OR the brewers lose just one of their other games.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

answers for 1td

1. Glavine
    2. I would’ve gone with 667’s answer, but I’ll go with Scrabble
    3. 13

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Brewers with the early lead on the Reds. 1-0 in the 3rd. Peralta has been removed from the game for some reason.

And Pugs? The Chiefs lead the Colts at halftime 14-10. Matt Ryan keeps fumbling the ball. But only because the Colts offensive line can’t protect him. KC with the ball to start the 2nd half.

r/Esteemed Rat

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Cards667…WINNER! Albert touched up the great LHP’er Randy Johnson for a total of 5 taters. Pujols has hit 13 HR’s off of HOF pitchers in his career. The other 4 HOF pitchers are Greg Maddux, John Smoltz, Trevor Hoffman and Mike Mussina. He’s also tatered up vs. a few possible future HOF’ers which include the likes of, Justin Verlander, Cole Hamels, Madison Bumgarner, CC Sabathia and Zack Greinke.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…Glavine? No. Pretty sure he got Glavine for one in the 2006 NLCS though. Good guess with Scrabble, but no. Think SP. Jersey # 13 is wrong as well. The correct answer is a very well known jersey number.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Cards667…Salas is a good guess, but wrong. I’ll also say that if not for Salas that season, the Redbirds would not have even been in the post-season, much less the WS. Think SP’er on that question.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

A hint on question #2…Although the correct answer isn’t Kyle Lohse who entered the game as a PH’er and laid down a huge sac-bunt in the 10th, the correct answer was a SP for the Redbirds who replaced Lohse in the batting order at the time LaRussa summoned him to work the visitor and final half of 11th inning. TLR used a total of 7 different pitchers in that game, and I thought LaRussa was masterful in his use of his BP throughout the 2011 post-season.

blingboy
    Participant

1. Brendan Donovan (L) 2B
    2. Lars Nootbaar (L) RF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Juan Yepez (R) DH
    6. Corey Dickerson (L) LF
    7. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    8. Yadier Molina (R) C
    9. Tommy Edman (S) SS

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Thanks for the line-up Bling! I was hoping to see DeJong in there at SS again. He actually had a hit last night and we need him to catch fire for the post-season…

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My pick to click is Yepez

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Salas was in early, Motte blew it

“Salas” is a palindrome.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

“Salas” is a palindrome.

Clever observation Pugs, which leads me to an impromptu trivia question. Which palindromically named pitcher had three saves in the 2002 NLCS? The Cards were in that series.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Going to the 8th in Cincy with Reds and Brewer tied at 1-1

blingboy
    Participant

Coming up to first pitch in a couple minutes. I’m hoping to see the 5-8 hitters do the heavy lifting.

And hoping for a game score >50 from Waino.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Reds up 2-1 — Steer lead off homer in the 8th

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

With 1st pitch just minutes away, I’ll go ahead and post the answers to the baseball trivia questions…

Cards667 got the right answer of Randy Johnson on question #1. Congrats to him!

The answer to question #2 is Jake Westbrook, who went 12-9 as a SP’er for the Cardinals during the 2011 regular season. He entered game 6 of the ’11 WS in the visitor half of the 11th after the Redbirds had taken a 10-9 lead in the home half of the 10th inning. And although he allowed a single to Mike Napoli, he recorded the final 3 outs to preseve a 10-9 Redbird win and was the winning pitcher of decision in that epic WS game.

blingboy
    Participant

Donovan with a loud out, but its 1-2-3 for us and Waino takes the mound.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And Pugs called it again. Daggone him, he knows his sh, I mean, stuff.

Colts 20 Chiefs 17 HUGE penalty on KC latter part of the 4th turned the tide.

Go Reds, they are our only hope!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Adam off the a rough start. Dodgers get on the board quickly, 1-0.

blingboy
    Participant

Freeman 9 irons one to the wall and so it begins, we are in a hole already.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

The correct answer to question #3 is one that I myself was not aware of until just a couple of days ago…

Hank Aaron and Albert Pujols have quite a few things in common. One of them is that they are both undoubtedly two of the greatest right-handed hitting sluggers in the history of baseball. Aaron wore #44 for 22 of the 23 years of his Big League career, but in his rookie season of 1954, “Hammerin’ Hank wore a jersey with the #5 sewn on the back of it.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Reds just reduced the Cards magic number to 3, which is nice since Adam appears to be headed for a rough one. Bases loaded now after scoring the first run and just one out.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

The Brewers lost…magic # is 3.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Robb Nen for Euro Dandy’s most challenging palindrome trivia question.

Thank you Rat…….thank you very much. If you ever need a winner you know who to ask.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years