2022 Cardinals MLB Game 152 thread – Friday, Sept. 23 at Dodgers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 152 thread – Friday, Sept. 23 at Dodgers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

9:10 p.m.
    LHP Jose Quintana (5-6, 3.16) vs TBA
    APPLE TV only // KMOX

Do I need a credit card to create an Apple ID?

“The short answer is no….”

https://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/973744#

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Andrew Heaney goes tonight.

All three games this weekend are against lefties…the three all have ERAs in the 2s, but perhaps the offense will break out again. I’m hoping for solid play all around and a shot to win the series.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not that anyone has been hitting much, but lefties hit the homers last night and they will be at a disadvantage. The righties have mostly been swatting flies and looking like fools. But we can hope.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another day yesterday when the Brewers didn’t gain any ground. Tick tock.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’m sure everyone saw the exchange following Profar’s lead-off HR in regards to Soto’s not so adorable routine in the batter’s box during the second Padre AB of last night’s ballgame. He performed a similar act while facing Mikolas in his first AB of game 1 of the ’19 NLCS. At the time, I attributed it to a lack of maturity as he was only 20 years of age, but Miles didn’t like it any more than Jack did yesterday. Flaherty had just allowed a HR, and this guy steps in and outwardly taunts him. I know he’s talented, but he’s now almost 24 and I feel someone needs to serve notice that it’s time to grow up. It ain’t cute anymore. I’m aware that the game has changed a bit, but I don’t feel that sort of behavior should be tolerated. Marmol was incensed and I genuinely hope that if the Redbirds see these guys in the post-season and have a large lead or an insurmountable deficit in one of those games, he may have one of his BP guys serve up a summons that clearly states it’s high time to cease and desist.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So what’s the lineup tonight? Albert will obviously DH and I’d think we would be RH heavy. Maybe:

SS Edman
    2B Donovan
    1B Goldy
    3B Arenado
    DH Albert
    CF Carlson
    LF Yepez
    C Yadi
    RF Nootbaar? Burleson?

Unless they want to give Deluzio a start in CF, perhaps. Lotta lefties on this team right now.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Kimbrel gave up a solo homerun in the 9th last night to Walker that gave Arizona the 2-1 lead heading to the last of the 9th. I was hoping the DBacks could hang on but no such luck. The Dodgers rallied for a 3-2 win with the final run coming on a bases loaded two out 3-2 count pitch to Betts that resulted in a walkoff single.

I hope this doesn’t give the Dodgers some momentum. We desperately need to win one of these games in LA or else by the time the Brewers series is over next week this race will be anybody’s guess.

r/Esteemed Rat

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

stlCard25…When I first glanced at this I thought, how’d he get the line-up this early? Haha! I like your line-up, but I’d maybe swap Edman and Donovan. Eddie’s cooled off a bit, so maybe have him in the 2 slot to possibly push Donnie over in the event he reaches base. Then allow the two big kids a chance to push him across. In any event, even though they’re the premier team in the Big Leagues right now, I ain’t afraid of them Dodgers.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Rats…Bumper to bumper bases with Betts in the box and the count run full in a one run ballgame pretty much guarantees what’s going to happen next. In any event, I’m glad it’s still anybody’s guess, because if I knew what was going to happen, I sure wouldn’t bother watching…

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Donovan and Noot have both hit lefties well this season. They seem like everyday players that don’t need their handedness splits managed by who is on the mound.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Marmol was incensed and I genuinely hope that if the Redbirds see these guys in the post-season and have a large lead or an insurmountable deficit in one of those games, he may have one of his BP guys serve up a summons that clearly states it’s high time to cease and desist.

I’m of the view that unless Jack puts the first pitch in the guy’s ear hole there is nothing to be gained by coming back to it at a later date. Jack decided to let the disrespect go so we move on. He does not appreciate that if he doesn’t demand respect he will not get it. That is his business, but allowing his team to be disrespected is another matter, and I am not really surprised he let that pass on by. He’s no Bob Gibson.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Bling…Well, he had just allowed a lead-off HR. There were no outs and I’m not sure it would have been smart to serve notice and place a guy on base with a HBP, but I guess he could have buzzed him. The count went full before he K’d him and the Redbirds won the game. However, they’ll be a next time. But, I get your point. It wouldn’t at all have bothered me if it was taken care of on the very next pitch.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I guess I will either be watching the Giants/DBacks game from Arizona tonight or watching a couple of episodes of Emergency. Hate these stupid Apple TV games.

Din-din today was a couple of pieces of fried chicken, in the air fryer. Along with a couple ears of sweet corn. Along with a piece of chocolate cake with white icing from the Deli. And a Pepsi.

r/Esteemed Rat

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Rats…I’ve tried twice to set up the streaming thing. They want a CC or bank card just like the last time I tried it. I’ll either listen to the game on the radio or make the 2 mile trip to my son’s house and watch it over there. He may have plans at 9 pm, so I’ll just have to see. It’s genuine nonsense.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

1td, how were you trying to watch Apple TV+ last time, i.e., Windows PC, Macbook, Phone (which brand), Smart TV (which brand), streaming device (such as Roku), etc. Just curious if you don’t mind sharing.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The Soto/Mikolas bravado incident a couple years ago is probably the main reason why I was glad the Cards didn’t land Soto, although there were other reasons much more important. I prefer not having a personal conflict of interest in pulling for my teams.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No apple tv for bling. Instead I am making chicken cordon bleu. Wish me luck.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…I’m pretty sure our TV can be set up, but I wasn’t going to go through all that trouble. I was just going to watch it on my lap top.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

1td, if you try to create Apple userid account credentials straight through the Apple website on a PC, you’ll have to give credit card info. However, you can create an account on a PC without providing credit card info by downloading the iTunes app and setting it up it through the app. I did that and it worked.

Pretty sure you still have to provide credit card info to watch on a PC though, even with an Apple account already established. That’s because there’s no Apple TV app for a PC, so you’re back to having to provide credit card info to watch directly via the Apple website.

I plan to watch on my Samsung TV, which supports the Apple TV app. My Sony won’t work because it doesn’t support Apple TV. Another option for me is to hang my Roku off the Sony because Roku supports the Apple TV app.

All the combinations can be a little tricky, but if you have a specific way that’ll work, setting up that one way to watch the game isn’t too bad. Don’t want anybody to miss out!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We have an apple tv device hooked up to our tv that we use to watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney PLus, etc…. so it is easy for me to watch games on Apple. The only problem I have ever noticed is that sometimes the video or sound quality isn’t quite as good as cable. That could be due to a slow internet connection or something.

wagee12
    Participant

Euro, do you still have to pay if you have the Apple app on the Samsung. I have it showing, never tried to use it.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…Thanks, and I appreciate it. I’ve decided I may simply listen to it on the radio. I used to enjoy that years ago. May bring back some nostalgia…Haha! I still sometimes listen if I’m in the truck, but normally I’m pretty close to home and make it back to tune in on cable. I submitted CC info when I tried a couple of months ago and still couldn’t get it to work. This time, I tried and they sent a verification code to my email. I typed in the code to the apple thing and still no open door. Couldn’t even get the “app” whatever that is… Not worth the hassle for one game. I’ll bet I’ve spent at least an hour or two trying to get it to work. Prior to retirement, I was paid an hourly scale that was negotiated by my Union Local, so I know to the penny what my time is worth. I feel these apple so and so’s owe me a couple hundred bucks for my time…Haha! Thanks again, Euro!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Euro, do you still have to pay if you have the Apple app on the Samsung. I have it showing, never tried to use it.

You do not have to pay. That is the irk some felt when they had to provide credit card info for something they weren’t buying. You just need the Apple login credentials.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

gscott, if your internet connection is wifi, try connecting an ethernet cable from the router instead if possible. That can help a lot, depending your wifi signal strength.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That could definitely be it Euro. Our wifi router is in a different room from our TV so the signal strength might not be as strong as it should be.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.