2022 Cardinals MLB Game 150 thread – Wednesday, Sept. 21 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 150 thread – Wednesday, Sept. 21 at Padres

Viewing 21 posts - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    forsch31
    Participant

Free

Now we are up to 27 straight innings without a run.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

zipWHOPer now at 16 …all but 2 offers…
    Go Cardinals!

Oliver
    Participant

Free

9 hits in 3 games

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Now we are up to 27 straight innings without a run.

And when that’s the case, the next time you’re down 1-0 in the late innings with runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs, you sure as hell can’t let Paul DeJong get anywhere near the plate. Who woulda guessed he’d swing and miss at a couple near eye-level? For some reason Snell had a vague idea, but Marmol didn’t. That was brainless.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Why did DeJong go home?”

I admit I got my hopes up, but then realized you were talking about the game.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

nm

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The wRC+ in September is down to 89, and that’s with a hot first week. The last ten days, it’s 59. Put another way, the computers would project the double A team to hit better than 59 wRC+ if they’d just sidled on over to St Louis after Springfield shut down. The offense is absolutely horrid right now.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

“Hi, I’m BlackHillsCard, and I hate Paul DeJong”

In case you were wondering my support group is for Paul DeJong haters.

Hey BHC!
    Like post PED Carpenter, PDJ ain’t going nowhere ’till his big contact expires… FOUR MORE YEARS!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s a pretty big accusation against Carpenter, Carter. You have any proof to back it up?

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

This team is absolute garbage right now on offense….

bccran
    Participant

Haven’t scored a run in the last 32 innings. Good grief.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

This is is funkiest funk the offense has been in in quite a while.

It’s what happens when 1/2 the line up is weak and the other half goes cold. The good half can usually carry the weak half but when they don’t it’s ugly.

It is time to burn incense, sacrifice a chicken, have a seance with former great Cardinal hitters and change out your lucky rabbit’s foot – anything to break out of this slump…

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

That’s a pretty big accusation against Carpenter, Carter. You have any proof to back it up?

Not that big. Apparently you belong in the naive group of suckers who believe the PED era is over. Since the Canseco book PED’s remain Rampant in WORLD sports: Cycling, entire Olympic teams for example

The coverup by baseball to protect the power explosion highlighted by McGwire/Sosa that brought attention and bucks back to baseball has not gone away.

Baseball is a business and the bottom line is king. Playing baseball is a career and the bottom line is king. My belief that such a dramatic, unexplained drop-off in production points to ‘roids being the most obvious conclusion

Your asking for my “proof” of Carp’s PED use is as stupid as me asking you to “prove” he didn’t

“You may be running with the sheep, but my eyes are wide open”

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CLG…despite your insistence that I’m a “sucker” and “stupid,” I’ll condescend to your argument…

Jose Canseco? I’m not sure if you’re attempting to use a professional liar with no conscience to defend your point, but I hope not. At any rate, it was plain to see that something was amiss from the late 80s to the late oughts, and no one needed a book to tell them that.

Your insistence that there’s a “coverup” and that those who don’t believe such hypotheses are “sheep” seems to weaken the point further since the proof would seem to be a bit more obvious if you had anything beyond wild speculation to base your idea on.

Further, it’s widely understood that steroid use lengthens a player’s career rather than shortens it abruptly. There are plenty of reasons for Carpenter’s sudden decline…in fact, it’s also well known that players who peak late (as Carpenter did) often decline early. Personally, I think Matt was mentally a bit of an odd ball…why could he never hit anywhere but the leadoff spot? Did he only roid when he was starting the games off? Why did he seem to be so affected by the weird strike zone he had? Why is it that he couldn’t overcome the shift? Steroid use extended the careers of many guys well into their late 30s for those couple of decades, which is exactly opposite what we’d expect if Carpenter had been taking PEDs.

Finally, PEDs are obviously still something the game deals with. One of baseball’s brightest young stars just got suspended within the last month. So if Tatis wasn’t above the law, are you suggesting that Matt Carpenter was somehow shielded from being nicked for all the positive tests he got back during those years? Or perhaps that he decided somewhere along the way to just quit using and that’s when his performance waned? I guess he must have started juicing again this year when he went to New York..oh wait, he wasn’t very good in Texas first, so maybe the minor leagues are in on the cover-up too…

Anyway, despite your insults, I wish you a good day. May you traffic in truth and logic rather than accusations and slander going forward….

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Bc, you obviously didn’t notice the earlier posts. It’s only 27 innings. (Not that it’s any better) This has been explained several times over the past several games.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

When you look at the glaring sudden increases in numerous hitter’s power numbers during what is considered to be the amped up on octane booster era, it’s obvious most players who posted those sudden increases were dealing seconds so to speak. But you can’t really convict all of them unless there’s tangible evidence that they were juiced. I realize I’m cherry picking, but a case in point would be a guy who broke into the Big Leagues in 1963 that a lot of you should remember named Rico Petrocelli. As a SS for the Red Sox he hit 17 and 12 HR’s in ’67 and ’68 respectively. Then, in ’69 he tatered-up 40 times. Maybe he attended a couple of Timothy Leary’s party’s?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PDJ ain’t going nowhere ’till his big contact expires… FOUR MORE YEARS!

PDJ has one more guaranteed year left on his contract. The two option years will obviously be bought out unless he has a miraculous 2023.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

PDJ has one more guaranteed year left on his contract. The two option years will obviously be bought out unless he has a miraculous 2023.

Well THAT’S good news, thanks

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

S.L. Card 25…Sorry to inform you that I stopped reading your diatribe after the 1st paragraph as I suddenly remembered you from old disputes back in the Scout days of this forum.
    I don’t remember the exact issues but I remember thinking that you must be an intractable, hard headed, neo right wing jerk and forthwith will scroll past your posts as I would step over a puddle.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CLG…I’m not sure that I recall any disputes with you on the Scout forum. At any rate, I was only on that forum for a few months, or less than a year before that place closed down and we came here. Nevertheless, best wishes on the scrolling…

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Carter, I think it was around that same time late in the 1964 season rumors about Leo Durocher being the next Manager

That’s right, but Leo had a partner in coup…Branch Ricky. Their plan of course was to replace Johnny and Bing after the ’64 season. Gussie was exited! He knew of the popularity of those two ex-Cardinal notables and the positive fan reaction.

But the team put a massive wrench in the plan…

The Brolio/Brock trade was preceded by the Groat/Julio Gotay trade that was WAY more of a head scratcher. Brolio was a 20 game winner. What was Gotay to justify the Pirates moving a gold glove Batting Champion, League MVP player with a WS ring? more later…

Viewing 21 posts - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.