2022 Cardinals MLB Game 15 thread – Monday, April 25 vs. Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 15 thread – Monday, April 25 vs. Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A 3 run insurance tater would have been sweet, Tscurlo. Gallegos should close the door on these guys though.

Cano flies out to O’Neill in left.

Escobar will move over to 2nd without a throw and he will not be credited a stolen base on that defensive indifference…..but now our shutout is in a bit of danger….but it’s the game that counts …..right?

Canha

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With one out, Escobar lines a base hit to center and that’ll elevate the ole’ BP a few notches.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cano flies out to O’Neill in left.

Escobar moves over to 2nd on the defensive non-agressiveness…..which puts our shutout in a bit of danger

Canha grounds it down to Arenado at 3rd and oh no!! He fired it a mile over Goldy’s head and Escobar will score. Fortunately, the umps send Canha back to 1st base and suddenly it’s 2-1 Cards.

McNeil rifles a double to right and the pinch runner Jankowski will have to hold at 3rd.

Smith – Lines a grounder down the 1st baseline that Goldy dives and gloves it….jumps quickly to his feet and his underhand toss to Gallegos….will not be in time…..and not just the one but both Met runners will score and the Mets have broken heartedly taken a 3-2 lead.

Gallegos getting yanked

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

The rarenado error. Looked like he had trouble getting it out.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Rarenado”…..I like that, KsCardFan.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I guess Cabby was too tired tonight for two innings.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Two poor outings in a row for Gallegos.

Gotta have defined roles, don’t we?

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

It’s the Major Leagues man.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Guess I shoulda kept my mouth shut about getting 3 insurance runs. grrrrrr

Night fellas….. I thought we had them. Just not our night.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Damn. This would be deflating.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

…and that’s why they have Pitcher Fielding Practice. All Gallegos had to do was make a routine run to first base.

Instead he stood and watched. Ugh.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wooooooow……………….

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

McFarland’s first pitch to Nimmo is firmly planted in the right field bleachers and now this disaster of a ballgame is a 3 run Met advantage……ouch this hurts.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ugh……

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Exactly right, Bobby.

This would be a big time deflator, Hammer. Not over yet though. Arenado must be beside himself right now….. Gallegos too. Gallegos is the one who I’m dismayed with at the moment. Let’s get 3 or 4 here.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gallegos was not sharp at all. Just one of those outings.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just a pathetic 9th inning. I didn’t like how they kept pitching that guy that hit the ball arenado made the error on. You have to change his eye level.. a high fastball up and away for a high strike might get him out on its own or at worse sets him up for that low pitch. But then you have the error. Then the pitcher is late to cover at first. Just terrible baseball there. Damn shame. Mikolas threw a heck of a game, same as sherzer

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That sums it up Scotty. Who’s the lovely Katie by the way?…..wait, we’re in the midst of a ballgame here.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

It’s baseball. And it’s only one game. No worries.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

She is the beat writer for The Athletic Pugs.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tough loss given the great outing by Mikolas.

The club needs to get more from the offense. I know they were facing Scherzer. However, some of the batting averages are ridiculously low.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Who has the last homer for this team?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well I guess we shouldn’t beat ourselves up over this meltdown. Look on the bright side. Marmol didn’t close with Reyes tonight! Right Pugs?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tough tough loss. Had them down to their last strike. Hopefully we can bounce back tomorrow.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My issue with gallegos has always been his insistence on getting ahead and then slowing things down and just trying to knitpick. Like I say go straight after guys, change their eye level, come back to the lower pitch if have to. Decent batters won’t just keep flailing at balls in the dirt. They may one time or so but they learn to just let it go. In the end I’m not sure he’s the guy for these big game moments. This felt like a big game. He just slows these things down to a crawl and lots of times he doesn’t do better for it. If mlb inserts that pitch clock next season, he will be in lots of trouble or he might actually be better

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years