2022 Cardinals MLB Game 15 thread – Monday, April 25 vs. Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 15 thread – Monday, April 25 vs. Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Miles Mikolas (1-0, 1.76) vs. RHP Max Scherzer (3-0, 2.50)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Oh great, Scherzer. Mikolas better be on his game. And I hope Dickerson and/or Nootbaar are on their game as well. Sorry, but I am calling this a 6-1 Mets triumph.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I kind of have to agree there rats. Though sometimes we do better against better pitching but I wouldn’t expect it

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Radar shows some green stuff moving into the St. Louis area. Hope this passes through early tomorrow or else we might be looking at a ppd tomorrow night.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Doppler radar shows all clear now in the St. Louis area. Still some lingering green stuff here in SW Indiana. I believe this game should be good to go tonight. Then later tonight I’ll be tuning in to the Dodgers at Arizona game.

Din-din today is a Ribeye steak in the air fryer, some more of the beef and noodles, some bar-b-q chips, a Mt. Dew, and a bowl of chocolate ice cream. All whilst I watch the latest show from Dr. Robert Jeffress, the preacher from Dallas. Then a cigar on the couch whilst I watch the old 1950s science fiction movie “The Monolith Monsters!”

Rainy day, ya know……

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Rats you seem to like the 50’s Sci Fi movies.Do you like any of the recent ones?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I reluctantly will be joining the pessimists who are predicting that Scherzer will be too much for our boys to overcome tonight. I think Goldy will need more than a big knob on the end of his bat to intimidate this guy and Arenado seems to be winding down. Sure do hope I’m proved wrong.

Din-din on Monday night? Goat cheese omelette with some chopped green pepper and a bit of sausage. And a green salad to make up for all that weekend meat. Rah Cardinals.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Wooster……not really. Some of the current science fiction movies are good. The Terminator movies were excellent, but that’s about the only good ones I can recall from the last 20 years or so.

And did anybody see Kyle Schwarber’s meltdown in the bottom of the 9th last night? Angel Hernandez called him out on a 3-2 pitch and Schwarber went crazy. I have to say that from watching the replay that Angel Hernandez might have got that one right.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

I love the sci-fi from 50’s. Print and reels. Huge fan of Ray Bradbury. Just received a dvd double feature in the mail, William Beaudine’s last directing gig (in 1966). And it looks to be a doozy. The 2 titles are Billy the Kid vs Dracula and Jesse James meets Frankenstein’s Daughter. Having 2 small children means I have à steady stream of Peppa Pig, Bumblenums, and CoCoMelon constantly defiling my TV so I plan to stay up late after the wifey and kids have hit the sack for some peace and cheesy sci-fi.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yes Mr Perkins every generation has their cartoons , my kids had me watch many episodes of Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles and aScooby Doo. Grandbabies had Dora the Explorer and Sponge Bob!
    May be tough tonight as Mets have been on a roll this year I hear. Already sent Nooty and his LH bat back to AAA? Guess they didn’t like his last ab last night. Had a good chance to break it open which I only saw Edman do in a tight game with the Reds series
    Everybodys had a lot of missed opportunities but I guess thats baseball.Need more runs. Din-din is pork chops, rice and green vegetables- don’t know which one yet!

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Power Rangers had Amy Jo Johnson. I could tolerate that. My dinner is probably going to be eating chicken nuggets and green beans the 2 1/2 year old refused to eat and some chocolate ice cream

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

She was the best of the 1st gen Power Rangers, at least for the ladies, always wanted her and Billy together but ah well…nicer looking ladies later on, then one of them went and was in Not Another Teen Movie and was nude most of the time…anyway as for my meal probably chicken burrito’s and chips…I’m guessing that Gorman didn’t get called up because when he comes up they hope that it’s to stay…

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t really understand the Donovan nootbar thing. We got plenty of infielders and nootbar hasn’t really been given a real chance.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Easy to get stale in the Sosa / Nootbaar role. Some steady playing time until his next call up is a good plan.

Sosa / Nootbaar have less starts this season than Wainwright. That has to be tough.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Some misguided commenters like the Muts in this one but it is not to be. Our Nootless wonders will prevail. I will not guess the score since it doesn’t matter, a win is a win.

I am still working through the chicken casserole. Some fresh asparagus with garlic cream sauce.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I’m rather sorry to see Nootbaar depart, but if it means he gets to play regularly rather than gather splinters in his backside perhaps it’s for the best.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The cockles of my heart has been warmed with all of these succulent game thread din-dins. I’m almost speechless. I vow to have each one of these din-dins within the next few weeks. No way we lose now. We’ll win this one…..may God be my judge we’ll prevail tonight. Let’s call her 5-3 Birds with O’Neill finding the cheap seats with bat in hand.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Interesting move with Donovan but I like it. This team had to do something to start getting production out of the DH vs RH pitching.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Let’s get some energy now boys. Get this homestand started off properly now boys.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Me too Hammer.

Mikolas sets them down in one neat little chorus line 1-2-3 to set the tone for this one.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

I dunno but I kinda feel like Miles might go toe to toe with Mad Max tonight. Loooooove how he’s looked his last two starts.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 1. Scherzer dealing for the Metropolitans.

Tommy E. – On 3-2 he pops out in foul territory to the 3rd baseman, Escobar.

Goldy pops out to Alonzo in foul turf as he tumbles into the front row of red attired patrons.

O’Neill is safe at 1st on a poor throw from Escobar at 3rd…..they rule it an infield single though.

Arenado flies out to right.

No score

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There’s some karma for you, as Alonzo, who just made the sparkling defensive play on Goldy’s foul pop-up, has the tables turned on him by Goldy, who makes a nice running catch in almost the identical location of Alonso’s catch. The only difference was that Goldy had just enough real estate to avoid having a quick lunch with the front row fans. The Mets put 2 runners on here in the top of the 2nd on a base hit and a hit batsman, but were unable to score.

No score

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years