2022 Cardinals MLB Game 15 thread – Monday, April 25 vs. Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 15 thread – Monday, April 25 vs. Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Whoof. What a 1/2 inning for Max. That was rather impressive.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 2

Dickerson strikes out swinging on a hard sharp slider.

Carlson whiffs flailing on a high heater. Dylan has now struck out 5 times in his 8 unsuccessful lifetime at bats vs Scherzer.

Sosa goes down in the same fashion as his two other teammates this inning and Scherzer didn’t even have to break a sweat this inning.

No score

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas sets the New Yorkers down in succession here in the top of the 3rd.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 3

Yadi – 1-17 lifetime vs Scherzer. On 3-2 Yadi pops out weakly to Alonzo in fair territory about halfway to home plate.

Bader pops out to a backpedaling McNeil in short center field from his SS position and it’s becoming painfully obvious that Scherzer has brought his “A” game with him tonight and our batters have no answers to solve this guy. But …. it’s still early…..come on boys!

Edman walks on a very close pitch.

Goldy blisters a base hit to left with Tommy slapping on the brakes at 2nd.

O’Neill strikes out swinging.

No score

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas not looking as dominant as Scherzer tonight, but equally as effective. Let’s get this game to the pens and we’ll take these guys.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Pugs you are remarkably eloquent. Truly outstanding work my friend.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

An Alonso one out base hit and then an advancement to 2nd on a fielder’s choice, put the Mets into scoring position. But then Mikolas induces Cano to hit a weak little popup right back to him on the pitching mound and this affair remains a scoreless one.

Every once in awhile I get lucky…..thanks Hammer!

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

If Dickerson goes ohfer tonight do we see Donovan tomorrow evening?

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Come on now Corey. I’m rooting so hard for this guy.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Unfortunately, I think most of our lineup will go hitless tonight if Scherzer hangs around long, Hammer. They won’t let Donovan sit long.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Oh man. This is child’s play so far.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Dinner tonight was some wonderful Buffalo wings and fries. I had the honor of being the first customer.

Tonight’s game is looking to be a low scoring affair.

As for Nootbaar being sent down, it makes sense to get him some playing time. The disadvantage of going out and getting two “veteran” DH’s in the offseason.

Are they going to send Woodford down as well?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards go down in order in the 4th. Carlson whiffs again and psychologically I think he’s a beaten man vs Scherzer. One day this will change though….Dylan has too much talent for it not to change Just one little run would look huge right now in this game. Scherzer sitting at 61 pitches thru 4 complete.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Buffalo wings(bone in) and fries are a true game night din-din winner, LACardFan……nice choice.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh oh, McNeil with a one out double down the line in left. But then Mikolas sets the next two Mets down in order and this game remains scoreless.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Mikolas looking good tonight! Even contest so far. Got to get those rbi’s when they come up! O’Niel gets 50 lashes with a wet noodle!

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

My goodness. Max is on one tonight. These AB’s aren’t even competitive.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

I agree Miles looks tremendous tonight too.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 5

Sosa strikes out swinging, Scherzer’s 6th K victim.

Yadi strikes out swinging and I’m sounding like a broken record here thanks to Mr. Scherzer…not a record that I want to listen to again.

Bader – Taps a little dribbler out in front of home plate, but the Met catcher pounces on it like a hungry cheetah and he’ll gun Bader out at 1st base to retire the Cards here in the 5th.

No score

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Please forgive my ignorance with this question.

Is it legal for Scherzer to lick his hand after pitches?

What is the rule please?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Scherzer looks a little bit like a poor man’s Kevin Costner…..though the word “poor” associated with Scherzer can be construed as being a bit off base from both a financial and performance standpoint.

Alonso a 2 out base hit, but Mikolas induces an Escobar ground out to 2nd to retire the side.

No score

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 6

Edman strikes out swinging….thats 8 of them now for Scherzer, but it seems like 16.

Goldy hits a slow roller up the middle, Lindor gloves it, but he’ll have to eat that one as that ground ball had absolutely no mustard on it whatsoever. Here’s our chance as we have ourselves a real life bonafide base runner onboard against Max Scherzer.

O’Neill gets rung up on a called strike 3.

Arenado pops out to the 2nd baseman about 20 feet directly in back of 1st base

No score

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just saw your post, Tscurlo. I’ll have to watch Scherzer more closely next inning. Any of you other guys notice anything funky with Scherzer going to his mouth?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is it legal for Scherzer to lick his hand after pitches?

I think it is legal if his foot is not on the rubber.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They also allow pitcher to blow on the hand when it is cold.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years