2022 Cardinals MLB Game 15 thread – Monday, April 25 vs. Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 15 thread – Monday, April 25 vs. Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas issues his first walk on the evening with one down in the Met 7th. He indeed has pitched a dandy himself thus far. Anytime Mikolas puts a runner on in this game, his modus operandi had been to come right back and retire the side with no further difficulties. This inning is no different, as he sets the next two Mets down and this game still has not witnessed a runner touch home plate.

Thanks Bling!

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Scherzer poor mans Kevin Costner? He’s pitching like Costner in For the Love of the Game.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Gameday says Mad Max is throwing slider and 4 seam fastball only. If hes in a bind using change up. Mostly strikes but always on the edges of the zone.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

I also noticed last time he did it… he rubbed his hand off on his pants. So he didn’t immediately put it back in his glove. Probably just his normal flow.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Miles is back. A very nice outing.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve never seen that movie, Mr. Perkins. Is it a good one?

KSCARDFAN in the house…..sweet!

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

They should have demoted Dickerson, not Nootbaar

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wow Miles. What an outing. Again. Speaking of aces any word on Flahery? When do you guys expect him back?

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

I don’t think you can option Dickerson but I could be wrong?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 7

Dickerson hits a hot shot grounder, but right at Escobar at 3rd and he’ll make the long throw across the diamond to Alonso’s waiting mitt at 1st base for the out.

Carlson – he just needs to put one in play in this at bat vs Scherzer…..gotta be able to walk before you can run. And Dylan does, as he grounds out to 2nd. I shouldn’t pick on Carlson here as Scherzer has made a career out of making many a hitter look feeble against him.

Sosa strikes out swinging…. that’s 10 K’s .

No score

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

No, you can’t. I was just being facetious about his .410 OPS

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Pugs, been a few years but I think the storyline was older veteran pitcher that doesn’t have his good stuff anymore…think he plays for Detroit Tigers….hears he may get traded at trading deadline…considering retirement…in between innings he has flashbacks of his life, thinks about mistakes he made with his family…as it goes on he realizes he has a perfect game going in the 6th or so…finds out the owner decided to trade him…he has some tough decisions to make. I won’t give away the ending but it is worth a view. The baseball game looks good, too. The movie guys didn’t screw it up like they usually do.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

This outfield is 32 for 153 going into tonight. Sadly seems like a step up from last year.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice review Mr. Perkins. I’ll watch it….thanks!

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

.410 whoa. I knew he was scuffling but………wow.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We have some good news and some bad…..utterly fantastic that Scherzer has thrown his last nasty pitch for the evening,but bad news that Mikolas is gone too, as he was fantastic as well. But this is what we wanted with Scherzer dealing. The game going to the bullpens and we’re not losing. We should get them now.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cabby on here in the 8th.

1-2-3 the Mets go…..very nice, Cabby!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Let him go a second inning.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Can’t argue with that KsCardFan as Cabby was lights out in the 8th.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Could not agree more. I would’ve taken this scenario 100 times out of 100.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Now run Dejong out there.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wow. Mad Max exits and all of a sudden StL hitters don’t look overmatched. Weird.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 8. Trevor May the new Met main man.

Yadi – On 3-2 Yadi sends one right back up the middle and out into center for a leadoff base knock. And I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like a new man with Scherzer being out of this game…..and I’m sure Cardinal hitters have similar sentiments…..Bader!

Bader whacks a base hit to left and our Birds are in business now!

Edman hits a high comebacker that trickles off the top of May’s glove….Lindor picks it up and just barely nips Tommy at 1st for the out, but runners move up to 2nd & 3rd with just the one out.

Goldy – On 3-2 Goldy walks and the bases are bulging with Birds for the first time in this game.

O’Neill – Lines a base hit to left and one run will score….and here comes Bader motoring home and he’ll score….2-0 Good Guys!

Arenado – On 3-2 he couldn’t check his swing on a very high inside heater…..2 outs.

Dickerson flies out routinely to Marte in right, but the Birds plate 2…..which almost seems like 22 in a game such as this.

Cards 2
    Mets 0

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

Would love a 3 run homer to add a cushion.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Let’s go!!!!!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years