2022 Cardinals MLB Game 110 thread – Wednesday, August 10 at Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 110 thread – Wednesday, August 10 at Rockies

Viewing 12 posts - 101 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Its a winner! Great to score runs the whole game. Everybody hit except for one guy who went 0 for 4 with risp with 2 outs. Got one walk? I’m really wondering if we need Stratton to close for us? Not impressing me at all. 3 runs for 3 outs? Looked like a Reyes imitation. Back to back homers by Nado and Albert were awesome. DeJong is really turning it on now. Quinella and Pallante were very good! Go Cardinals!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Black Hills…Ha ha! I don’t hate him, but I’d think three times before I ever placed the baseball in his hand.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

One batter too many, at least in Colorado. Allowing Stratton to risk a 9-8 ballgame after giving up 11 hits in his last 2.0 innings is not a good strategy.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

After a 4 for 5 night with a HR, a double and 2 RBI, the great Pujols is up to .244 and a pt. above the Big League avg. which is .243. I know that because Pugs looked it up! GO REDBIRDS!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nado up to .304/23/71…He has to be in the conversation for NL MVP. Without question the Redbirds have far and away the best two corner IF’ers in the entire Big Leagues. I can’t come up with a better IF corner duo in the last 10 or 15 years. Who knows how they’ll place for all time when they’re done. Both of them are entirely outstanding.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

You’re not kidding so cal. I couldn’t believe what I was watching. It was pretty brutal. Oh well, it’s in the W column.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nice to see the good guys bang out 18 hits, but my primary takeaway was the veteran lefty’s outing. His Redbird career now consists of a meager 3 ER’s in 12 IP and he’s the well deserved winning pitcher of record of tonight’s ballgame. The ultimate success of this ballclub, like always, is going to hinge on the performance of the rotation and it certainly looks as though the Redbirds have stabilized and bolstered the 5 man with the moves they made at the deadline.

GO REDBIRDS!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

G’mornin all. Can anyone say who Ollie had getting loose at the end?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ollie was going to live or die in LA…..great 80’s song by Wang Chung….sorry couldn’t resist. Ollie was going to live or die in Denver with Christopher Lee Stratton, Bling. We came closer to the later than any of us would have liked.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Quintana was exactly what this team needed at the deadline. Reliable, efficient, healthy, and cheap. Basically the polar opposite of Matz.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Can anyone say who Ollie had getting loose at the end?

I’ve been wishing to know as well. Pretty sure it wasn’t on the broadcast. He works fast.

After the first 12 pitches, 10 were strikes, he’d faced 6 batters, yielded 5 hits and three runs, and his 13th pitch could have produced a 9-8 ballgame.

Was anyone up? How could Marmol take that chance after Quintana had already lost his previous win?

There needs to be a signal for “fake an injury, right now.”

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

I thought I heard the TV announcers say that Helsley was up and throwing. They remarked that Marmol really didn’t want to get anyone else up to warm but the situation became necessary.

Viewing 12 posts - 101 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.