2022 Cardinals MLB Game 110 thread – Wednesday, August 10 at Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 110 thread – Wednesday, August 10 at Rockies

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Real nice work from Quintana tonight. I saw a veteran lefty that obviously knows how to pitch.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 7. Gomber

DeJong lambastes a Gomber offering to deep left-center and Daza or anyone else in a white and black uniform is not going to catch this one as it bangs up against the wall on a hop and the hot hitting Paulie has himself another double….he is sizzling hot at the plate right now….I never expected this out of him when he was lingering down in Memphis. I’ll tell you what, next time he goes into a deep hitting funk, he needs to immediately be sent down to Memphis to get him kick started again, as it certainly worked once.

Yadi lines a base hit to right …. Paulie rounds 3rd and is heading on home and we’re going to have a play there….. he’s out…..and Yadi will trudge into 2nd.

Nooty squirts a slow roller out to Iglesias at short and he’ll have to hurry…..out by an inch with Yadi taking up new residence over at 3rd.

Carlson grounds out to Iglesias at SS.

Cards 8
    Rockies 2

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Neil Pallante on to pitch the 7th. I think I would have not preferred to utilize Pallante in a mop-up situation….. he’s been pitching much too well for that sort of duty.

And Pallante sets them down 1-2-3.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Hey, Pugs…I’m with you insofar as I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen Paulie swing the bat this well. If he can maintain somewhere close to what he’s put on display thus far, the Cardinals are going to see some impressive offensive production from the SS position down the stretch run. He’s ripping up the baseball.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 8. Gomber still pitching.

Edman lines a base hit to left.

Goldy on 3-2 flies out to Grichuk in short center field.

Edman swipes 2nd base.

Arenado ….boy does he ever pull those foul balls with authority …..how physically can a human get around so quickly on ML pitches? Nolan flies out to Daza in relatively deep left field a few feet inside the chalk.

Albert rips a base hit to left…..Tommy E. is rounding 3rd and he’s not stopping….the slide….and they’re going to nail him…out!

Cards 8
    Rockies 2

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Indeed, TD. I actually never thought I’d see DeJong back up with the big club….ever again. You wonder if they didn’t try to deal him, but received no decent offers? He’s obviously not going to continue at this torrid a pace, but you have to be excited for him ….and the team.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Hey Pugs…I thought they might get some work for the call up. Why not take a look at him? Maybe he pitched down at Memphis recently. At any rate, I’m with you on your Pallante observation.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Neil Pallante still dealing in the 8th…..hate seeing him used like this.

Cron strikes out swinging as he waves at one way wide of the zone…..that was so far outside that if that had been a medicine ball he was trying to whack, he still would have come up empty.

Grichuk strikes out looking.

Diaz strikes out swinging.

Cards 8
    Rockies 2

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah Tough Dominican, Pallante is looking more impressive with each outing. We could have one of our present most effective starters relegated to mop up duties……go figure.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

One thing’s entirely certain…Paulie doesn’t want to ever again get on that southbound bus.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I can’t recall the last time a Cardinal collected 2 triples in a game.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 9. Stephenson now pitching for Colorado.

O’Neill strikes out swinging.

DeJong…..and it sure seems as if Paulie is batting each and every inning doesn’t it?…and getting hits each and every inning…..and on cue Paulie lines a base hit to center and he now has to be flirting with that Mendoza Line isn’t he? He keeps this up and he’ll be flirting with the line that you sign on a brand spanking new contract extension.

Yadi flies out to Daza in left.

Nooty gets his teeth into one to deep left-center field and that’s in for extras….. DeJong will score and Nooty will scamper into 3rd base with another triple…..9-2 Birds

Carlson lines out to Daza in left.

Cards 9
    Rockies 2

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I wouldn’t play around with Stratton for too much longer.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Go get him Marmol.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

If I break anymore furniture, I’ll be in divorce court. Please go get him Oli…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Thank you, Nado!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

It’s never easy in this game. Never!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

My Goodness! Is Marmol in the dugout? I don’t understand this.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 9. Stratton pitching for St Louis.

McMahon cues a soft liner over Arenado’s head and out into left field for a base hit.

Montero smokes a liner into center field for a hit…. let’s not make things interesting here.

Daza grounds it thru the hole and into left for a hit and the ball gets away from O’Neill and that will enable McMahon to score and Montero and Daza to move up to 2nd and 3rd respectively…..E-7. 9-3 your new score.

Blackmon pops it down the line in left….in foul territory and Arenado makes a spectacular over the shoulder running catch wayyy down the line …wow!

Iglesias with a wounded wobbling quail to short center that will score Montero and suddenly it’s 9-4.

Rodgers drills a base hit to center and this is not getting amusing in any shape or form….9-5 with one out and Rockies straddling 1st and 2nd bases.

Cron strikes out swinging…..

Grichuk grounds out to DeJong at SS….. ballgame!

Your marvelous final score:

St. Louis Cardinals 9
    Colorado Rockies 5

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Not too bad…Just an end table and a lamp. I think I can glue the table…

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lol Tough Dominican!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nice win Redbird fans!

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

So, Stratton has assumed the role of McFarland as a pitcher we never want to see entering a game when we are ahead.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Is it too soon to start the Chris Stratton hate train?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Ha ha, Pugs…It’s funny now! That home half of the 9th was a protracted waterboarding session…Sheesh!
    Anyway, the good guys prevailed. GO REDBIRDS!

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.