2022 Cardinals MLB Game 110 thread – Wednesday, August 10 at Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 110 thread – Wednesday, August 10 at Rockies

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

You don’t see a lot of stand up triples. That OF at Coors Field has almost as much area as the Russian Steppes.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

If Blackmon were ever traded to the Yankees, they’d have to allow him a week at the barbershop prior to reporting to the clubhouse.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great comments Tough Dominican! The only thing I can say is that you were born for the booth…….and that so adequately sums it up…….our newest member One Tough Dominican was born for the booth.

Iglesias sac fly to right scores Colorado’s first run on the evening. Then Quintana entices Rodgers to chase a pitch over his head for strike 3 and then Cron fouls out to Yadi, so the one run is all that Colorado can put on the board……5-1 Good Guys heading to the 4th.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nice work so far by the 33 yr. old lefty.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

The great Pujols is “up” to .237 with a 2 for 2 night thus far. That’s probably around the Big League avg. these days. Anyone have any idea what it actually is?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 4.

Edman grounds out to McMahon at 3rd base.

Goldy on 3-2 grounds it wickedly towards Iglesias at short who makes a sparkling pickup and then fires a one hopper to 1st base to get his man….darn nice play Iglesias.

Arenado lines a base hit to left.

Albert hits a slow chopper towards 2nd base that Iglesias will intercept and wing it on over to Cron’s waiting mitt at 1st base to retire the side.

Cards 5
    Rockies 1

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I post his BA and he immediately taps out. I’m going to dummy up for a bit…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The great Pujols is “up” to .237 with a 2 for 2 night thus far. That’s probably around the Big League avg. these days. Anyone have any idea what it actually is?

The MLB average this year is .243. The entire batting line is .243/.312/.396/.709, the worst league OPS since 2014, which was the worst since the late 80s/early 90s.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

69 pitches thru 4 for the veteran lefty. Not at all too shabby. Nice work.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Quintana at 56 pitches as this bottom of the 4th gets under way. Grichuk grounds out to Tommy E. at 2nd base. Diaz pokes it into left for a hit. McMahon strikes out swinging. Elvis is in the building…..and let’s hope he stays in it…..and he does as he grounds a base hit into left field……9 game hitting streak for Elvis now ….only 47 more to tie and 48 to own it all by his lonesome. Daza strikes out swinging to end the inning with no damage inflicted.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Thanks Pugs! I figured as much. If you ever want to see something interesting, take a look at Berra’s 1950 season. He K’d 12 times in 656 PA’s. That’s no typo…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yessiree! Tack on boys. Keep hanging ’em up on the board. No lead is safe.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 5. Freeland starts this frame with 83 heaves under his belt.

O’Neill grounds out to McMahon at 3rd base.

DeJong drives it deep to right….. Blackmon looks up and it bangs off the wall and Paulie will prance into 2nd with a double.

Yadi smokes a liner to left that’ll hit once and then dent the left field wall… DeJong will score but Yadi, thanks to his rather pedestrian foot speed, will have to settle for a single…..6-1 Birds.
    Pitching change.

Austin Gomber on for Colorado.

Nooty grounds it out to Cron at 1st who will whip it down to Iglesias at 2nd base to get Yadi….2 out

Nooty swipes 2nd base

Carlson grounds out to Iglesias at SS.

Cards 6
    Rockies 1

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Quint’s working a nice game, but I’d have someone up at first sign of trouble.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow…..never knew that, TD….Yogi whiffing only 12 times in 656 PA’s is truly amazing. I would think Wade Boggs had some pretty fair stats in that department too…… I’ll have to look that up.

A Cron triple scores a run slicing the Redbird lead to 6-2 with 2 down. Grichuk coming up….flies out to Carlson in center to limit the 5th inning damage at just the one run.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Pinball machine out there in the RF corner.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Goldy’s due for a tater.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 6. Gomber still Colorado’s main man.

Edman on 3-2 grounds out to McMahon at 3rd base.

Goldy on 3-2 strikes out swinging.

Arenado whacks a high and deep drive to left!…..Daza looks up and bombs away baby! Long gone and it’s now 7-2 Cards. The precise second that ball left Nolan’s bat he knew where it was going and where it was going to end up.

Albert hits it a mile high…..and a mile deep in the Mile High City……. and that’s a back-to-back bombs away baby!!! Oh that was a sweet sweet swing ……8-2 Birds.

O’Neill…. strikes out.

Cards 8
    Rockies 2

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nado taters up! I’ll take it.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arenado homering off the guy they traded him for is neat.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

YES! The great Pujols! Without question the greatest hitter I’ve ever seen from the right side.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well pujols with a great day bat gets a homer. He might catch Musial for total bases. Really pretty incredible. He may be not the player he was but when you are watching him, you are seeing one of the greatest to ever play.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yeah Pugs…Along with the 12 K’s in 656 PA’s he finished up at .322/28/124 and still placed 3rd in the 1950 AL MVP vote. He was awared the AL MVP the following year. His first of 3 AL MVP awards. Lawrence could hit.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This 6th inning may have been Quintana’s best on the evening as he sets them down in one pretty little chorus line 1-2-3. Quintana at 103 pitches as this inning draws it’s curtains closed.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Hey Willie…He’s got more than a good chance to catch and surpass Stan for career TB’s. He now sits at 6117 and needs just 17 to tie Musial. I think he’ll do it. Wouldn’t it be something if he ended his career tied with Stan at 6117? I think that would be outstanding.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.