2022 Cardinals MLB Game 110 thread – Wednesday, August 10 at Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 110 thread – Wednesday, August 10 at Rockies

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:40 p.m.
    LHP José Quintana (3-5, 2.39) vs. LHP Kyle Freeland (7-7, 4.56)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSE and BSSW+

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The darkest hour is just before dawn. Q will kick off the epic winning streak tonight.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I watched the Yankees/Mariners game from Seattle last night. It went 13 innings with Seattle winning by the score of 1-0. In the 10th, 11th, and 12th the Yankees lost runners on the basepaths. You had to see it to believe it. This might be the game of the year in all of MLB for 2022.

Redbirds better find a way to bounce back. Can’t be getting swept by the Rockies. And if I may quote Cardinal in France – Rah Redbirds!

Din-din today is the weekly trip to the Gasthof, the Amish restaurant. I can already smell the roast beef, fish, fried chicken, mashed potatoes/gravy, green beans, noodles, dressing, sweet potatoes, sweet tea, and chocolate soft serve ice cream. Yum yum.

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Well that was embarrassing. Reminded me of playing softball in city leagues where there was always a team that had a bunch of studs and would “10 run rule” you.

But it happens. I imagine even the ‘27 Yankees had a few stinkers among their 44 losses.

Let’s hope the next two are competitive. Tomorrow I will chat with random Cardinal fans while around and at the park and get a sense of what people are thinking about our club.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Hey BikeMike…Yep, every team suffers through one of those at some point during a season. I forget about these types of losses in a big hurry. The ones that really sting and linger are the sort of which would have Mikolas working a nice 7 IP and departing with a 3-1 advantage only to have the BP squander the lead and throw the game into the fire. Those games are slow and painful deaths. Last night’s loss was quick and relatively easy in comparison. How the Redbirds respond tonight will be a pretty good measure of their heart and determination.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well din-din will be chicken fried cube steak, Spanish rice and steamed mixed vegetables.What can you say about the game last night? We got our 5 runs but somebody put LSD in the pitchers Gatorade. Really got lite up. Spring back tonight. Go Cardinals!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’re facing a lefty so I would imagine the lineup will bounce back even more. The key will be Quintana. It’s rare for a team to have two big games in a row so hopefully the Rockies lineup comes back to earth. I’m gonna say it’ll be 8-4 Cardinals.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I must say, this morning’s wakeup read was distressing. It’s just not fair for our Birds to build up hopes like that with a mini-streak only to come off the rails against a bunch of bottom dwellers from Colorado. I demand an immediate oil change and lube job, and new plugs while we’re at it. Rah Cardinals. And I say it again, Rah Cardinals.

Meanwhile, Madame CiF and I will start off our evening with half a melon each, followed by chicken curry and brown rice, a lettuce, tomato and feta salad dampened with wifey’s famous vinaigrette, and perhaps, if she’ll allow it, a dish of Haagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream sprinkled liberally with raspberries.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’m certain it was simply a typo, but I happened up on a post on this thread that listed Quintana featuring a W/L record of 3-5 with a 2.39 ERA. I certainly wish that was indeed correct, but the lefty features an ERA of 3.39 for the two teams he’s worked for this season. He pans out at 1.50 with the Redbirds after working a real nice 6 IP in his Redbird debut last week in which he only surrendered 1 hit which was a solo tater in his 1st inning of work vs. the Cubbies. Hopefully the W/L record of 3-5 will also look like a typo if he can work his way to being the winning pitcher of record in tonight’s ballgame vs. Colo and improve to 4-5. He certainly deserved to be credited with the win in his Cardinal debut.

GO REDBIRDS!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

BW…I’m not certain that Gibson or Koufax walk on cakes when working at Coors Field. If I were a Big League pitcher, I’d report the venue to OSHA…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Hey, CIF!…These various food comments are killing me. I’m currently in the process of dental implant procedures. Pasta salads and cottage cheese for me in the last few days…ha ha. I’ll be more than real happy when I can once again enjoy salted in the shell peanuts and an ice cold Coca Cola while watching the games. Shouldn’t be too much longer. Call me when you hear the dinner bell in a few more days! I’ll bring a bag of peanuts…GO REDBIRDS!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’m not entirely certain of how accurate this figure is, but baseball reference lists Quintana as being owed a salary of only $2M for the ’22 season. If true, that’s a bargain. I hope there are some sort of incentives written into his contract. If not, this guy’s going to have trouble filling his truck with fuel…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Just saw the replay of Carpenter taking a foul ball off of his instep that resulted in a fractured left foot. You’d think that with all of the material and sportswear technology that someone could formulate a somewhat pliable, lightweight resin type protective insert that wouldn’t hinder an athletes ability to run or pivot and that could be comfortably inserted into the top of a pair of baseball cleats. I wore protective footwear for 30 years when I was working and by the time I retired I couldn’t tell the difference in weight or comfort between a pair of work boots that were equipped with foot protection and those that weren’t. They improved immensely over the years. At any rate, that had to hurt almost as much as the time poor Matt was victimized by Helton with the old hidden ball trick at 1B in ’13.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Howdy one-tough: Along that same line of thinking, I’ve always wondered why someone among those sports technology experts can’t come up with a type of velcro strap for batting gloves that doesn’t come loose every pitch, requiring the batter to step out of the box each time to snug it up. That alone would shorten games by a quarter of an hour.

As to your dental woes, I had a couple of those implants a while back. My advice is strawberry milkshakes for the duration. Rah Cardinals.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Tampa Bay leads Milwaukee 3-2 heading to the last of the 9th at County Stadium. Can the Rays hold on? If so we could perhaps gain back that game we lost last night.

And I just got back from the Gasthof and I am full, can’t hardly move.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Tellez homers in the last of the 9th and now the Rays and Brewers are tied 3-3. They are now heading to the top of the 10th.

Nice job Tampa Bay…….

UPDATE: And now Tampa fails to score in the top of the 10th. Going to need a win tonight to stay in sole possession of 1st place.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Milwaukee wins it 4-3 with a run in the last of the 10th. Thank you Tampa for blowing it in the 9th and then not scoring in the 10th. Duds………

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    2. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) DH
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Albert Pujols (R) 1B
    6. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Yadier Molina (R) C
    9. Lars Nootbaar (L) RF

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Big win for the Crew today. Gotta keep focused and put last behind is.

1TD is right though – a loss like that is something that happens now and then. The ones that sting are the games you could have won, but gave away. Unfortunately we have a few of those on the ledger this year.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Although I’ll continue to maintain that Eddie belongs in the lead-off slot, I like tonight’s line-up card better than last night’s. But like always, the primary measure of success hinges on the performance of the guy who takes his turn in the rotation. I never make predictions, (especially about the future) but I certainly hope the lefty can find a way to somewhat duplicate the work he featured in his last turn.

GO REDBIRDS!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A lite night at the din-din table, as only 3 posters have weighed in thus far. But oh what grandiose din-dins they are. A smiling tip of the cap to Rat, Wooster and Cardinal In France. I’m having meatballs and salad. And all of you old timers will never guess who I’m meeting for lunch next Tuesday…….the esteemed DizzyDean17 is presently on a whirlwind tour of ML ballparks and will be coming up from Wrigley next week to take in the Brewers-Dodgers game next Tuesday evening.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Hey CIF…Ha Ha! Yeah, I’m not entirely certain that those straps loosen up too much between pitches. I think it may be more of a case in line with a sort of instinctive type ritualistic practice that some hitters are afflicted with. Certain hitters may be perfectly normal when going about their everyday life until they step into the batter’s box at which time they are instantly afflicted with obsessive compulsive disorder…As soon as the AB comes to an end, bingo…They return to normal!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They finally move McFarlane. I can’t believe it. They finally saw the light and they actually give Woodford a shot, maybe.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.