2022 Cardinals MLB Game 110 thread – Wednesday, August 10 at Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 110 thread – Wednesday, August 10 at Rockies

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I made tacos for a church dinner last evening, so I had leftovers tonight. Not very exciting, but it filled my stomach.

Hopefully Quintana can give us 5-6 innings with 2-3 runs allowed and the bats can do the test against Freeland. I like the way we stack up against LHP.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Need to win these next two!

Din-din, as I guess it’s referred to will be a brat or maybe a burger now that I’m thinking about it, with a side of cheese curds at a local establishment. The curds are Wisconsin worthy.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tonight’s din din was a ham and cheese omelet topped with sautéed mushrooms and scallions. Desert is a homemade blueberry muffin I am saving for later.

I predict we will have a Woody sighting tonight.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

That baseball touched yellow in fair territory!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks fair to me too

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

They got it right. Nice RBI rip for the great Pujols!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nice RBI rip for TO. Redbirds are hitting the baseball like they’re angry at it!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 1. Freeland pitching for Colorado.

Carlson on 3-2 walks.

Edman chops it about 2 feet in front of home plate where the catcher quickly pounces on it and guns it down to 2nd base to erase the lead runner Carlson.

Goldy pokes a soft fly out into right field for a base knock….. Edman has to stop his forward progress at 2nd base.

Arenado on 1-2 drills an extra base hit down the line in left that is somehow ruled foul…… we’ll review it. This has to be ruled fair but we’ll await the official verdict …..fair ball! Double and an rbi for Arenado…..1-0 Cards.

Albert lines a base hit to left that will score Goldy and Arenado will check into 3rd….2-0 Birds….. let’s pour it on as we owe these guys a good thumping for treating us visitors so rudely last night

O’Neill drills a shot to left-center that will split the outfielders…..Daza tracks it down and in comes Arenado with Albert stopping at 3rd on the O’Neill rbi two bagger…..3-0.

DeJong blisters a hotshot grounder thru the hole and out into left field for a base hit….in trots Albert with run #4 with O’Neill checking into 3rd base.

Yadi on 0-2 is hit on the front foot by a pitch to load em up……if you’re going to get hit by a ML pitch that’s exactly where you want to get hit at.

Nooty drills a long one to center!…..ah but Grichuk is going to catch up with it out on the track….. O’Neill will score though to make it 5-0 Good guys.

Carlson up for an encore 1st inning at bat….flies out to Grichuk in short center field.

Cards 5
    Rockies 0

Dandy din-din, Blingster! CardsFanInChiTown and Stlcard25 with some rock solid din-dins too. We started out slow, but came to the din-din table like gangbusters before this affair started ….nice work, gentlemen.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Q man with a 5 spot to start, let’s see him turn in a clean efficient inning.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Sure is a skinny gate count on here tonight. At any rate, nice start. GO REDBIRDS!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’m with you Bling. Go right after them and get the fellas back in the batter’s box to keep hanging runs on the board.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sure is a skinny gate count

Good eye, Tough Dominican. Any of you old timers remember SkinnyPimp? Wonder whatever happened to him and JModene? Good guys both of them.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I don’t quite understand why Pujols is manning up at 1B.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

HPU sqeezing the lefty a bit.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Quintana sets the first two Rocks down and then Rodgers rifles a base hit to left …. Cron walks and Grichuk grounds out to retire the side. You know, Quintana may have finally found his rightful home in this league. And for some players, when this occurs, wonderful things can happen. Quintana even looks his best in a Cardinal uni. This could be an acquisition we Cardinal fans will be talking about for many years to come.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great first inning tonight. Let’s keep it up

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I always thought Grich had a pretty quick bat. I’m sure their were others I’ve seen, but Sheffield got it started and through the zone as quick as anyone in recent memory. He was pretty good as was his 20 year old CYA winning uncle.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman didn’t look either AB.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I was wondering when Pugs was going to begin PBP for the good guys. I gave it a try last night, but I’m a two fingered typist and just couldn’t keep up as I was trying to type whilst breaking furniture as Colorado was hanging 9 runs on the board in the visitor half of the 3rd. I’ve simply lost a step or two since I’ve unlaced them and retired…

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 2.

Edman strikes out looking.

Goldy walks.

Arenado bounces it right back to Freeland who whips it to 2nd….pulls Iglesias off the bag but he quickly gets back to the bag for the out …..ohh I’m not so sure they got him at 2nd…..but mysteriously the Cardinals will not challenge the call.

Albert hits it to deep left!….Albert briefly admires it before running….and the ball will hit the track and bounce up into the seats for a ground rule double.

O’Neill flies out to Blackmon in right.

Cards 5
    Rockies 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, you were a PBP natural, Tough Dominican. But I think you enjoy chatting with the gang vs calling the action …..which is great. If you ever want to step into the booth for a guest cameo appearance, you’re always welcome.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m kind of worried about Quintana’s mounting pitch count as he walks the leadoff Rockie here in the 2nd ……27 so far. McMahon gets called out on strikes. Our old pal Elvis Montero on 3-2 raps into a 5-4-3 twin killing to retire the side.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Not entirely certain that Nado would have been able to score, but I sure would have liked to have seen him try and he probably would have been sent with 2 outs. I despise GRD’s that prevent the good guys from pushing a run across. I’ve thought for a long time that that rule should be amended to allow the umps to pass judgement on that play.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Ha ha…Nice! Thanks Pugs!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 3. I hope like heck there’s no rain in the greater Denver forecast this evening.,…at least not for the next hour or so.

DeJong pops it up over near 2nd base where Rodgers camps under….no he gives way to the right fielder Blackmon who nearly misplays the ball, but has it for the out.

Yadi grounds out to Iglesias at SS.

Nooty blisters a shot to right-center that’s heading to the wall…..it clanks up against the wall and Nooty hits 2nd base but then says that’s not good enough as he has 3 in mind and he’ll have himself a standup triple.

Carlson grounds it out to Freeland who gloves it and wheels around and fires it over to Cron at 1st base to retire the side.

Cards 5
    Rockies 0

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.