2021 Cardinals schedule

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals schedule

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Tickets for spring training games at Roger Dean go on sale one week from today, Monday, Feb. 1. First home game is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 28.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ken Rosenthal wrote a pro-owners story, believing the season should be postponed a month and blaming decision-making delays on the union.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t believe it makes any sense to delay the season. I would just have no fans in the stands. Very odd that Florida seems ready to go, and Arizona is not. Would there be a possibility of all teams having ST in Florida. That makes even less sense to double up on personnel. Other possible options include pushing all games back a month, or the Arizona teams playing in Texas, or elsewhere.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Perhaps there could be a compromise where the season is delayed a month but 162 games were still played with a bunch of 7 inning doubleheaders. It would be tough to pull off but a possibility.

If the MLBPA proposed that we would then find out if the owners were really concerned about health or just saving money.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

That is one possibility I have heard informally. IMO, compressed schedules with twin bills benefit teams with pitching depth.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

An explanation of the delay in selling spring training tickets. A schedule tweak is coming.

My assessment: The changes shouldn’t be too extensive for the Cardinals as their original 30-game schedule has just three games out of the pod. Home and away vs. the Braves and home vs. the Twins. All the rest are already vs. MIA, NYM, HOU and WAS.

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

Its funny how, in general, people will support measures that do not impact them and be critical of those who don’t ‘go along’; then, when it’s their turn in the barrel (i.e. THEY will lose money) it becomes a totally different story.

I guess the moral of the story is that it’s always easier to sacrifice someone else’s money.

The entertainment and service industries have been crushed by the pandemic. Regarding baseball its the minor league players and maybe the young minimum salary major leaguers who have suffered. In the age of ‘using platforms to speak out’ did the players as a group support the service / entertainment industry during the enforced shutdown or are they primarily looking out for #1 when they demand a 162 game schedule?

I would think that most of the baseball owners will be fine financially even with taking a haircut for a couple of years BUT I would absolutely expect them to ‘keep a weather eye’ on the revenue \ cost equation and make certain decisions based on the economics.

Depending on the success of Covid-19 vaccines and the extension of limited attendance at games it will be interesting to watch how each side spins the news to justify supporting their position.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

For those who just want the schedule detail, here is the link to the one-page printable schedule with game times.

https://mktg.mlbstatic.com/cardinals/downloads/y2021/2021_schedule.pdf

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s good news for all involved. Should be fun to catch the ovation for Arenado for the home opener.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

I am very pleased to hear about the Lou Gehrig Day. He is one of my all time favorite MLB players and favorite humans in general.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m hoping by middle of season they allow more people. My son likes atlanta as well so would like to go to that game. But since they are allowing season ticket holders first dibs I doubt I’ll be able to get tickets at a reasonable price anyway unless they open up more seats.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think you have to worry about that, Willie. This virus is struggling now. Fewer and fewer hosts to occupy really has it reeling. I think these rash of variants is it’s hail Mary prayer for survival…..which will not work. With this being said, unvaccinated adults still need to be very careful as it can still get you. I like our odds very very much of things getting close to normal by this summer.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope you are right pugsley. Though I can’t afford to go to a lot of games, I really enjoy it when I do.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The team has announced its April promotions.

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/tickets/promotions/2021

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

April game tickets going on sale. From the team:

The St. Louis Cardinals have announced that April game tickets will go on sale to the general public this week. Tickets will be sold for all 13 April home games, including a limited amount of inventory for the Home Opener on Thursday, April 8.

Fans who wish to purchase tickets to three or more April games can take part in a multi-game ticket sale beginning tomorrow, March 16, at 11 AM CT. Single-game tickets will be available for fans to purchase on Wednesday, March 17, at 11 AM CT. Tickets can be purchased online at cardinals.com and via phone at 314-345-9000. The Busch Stadium ticket windows will not be open for this week’s ticket sales.

Tickets will be sold in a variety of seating pod sizes, up to four seats per pod. All tickets purchased will be delivered digitally and can be easily managed using the MLB Ballpark app. Fans can learn more about how to access and manage their digital tickets at cardinals.com/ballparkapp.

A number of policies and protocols will be in place to ensure the health and safety of fans, employees, and players at Busch Stadium in 2021, a list of which can be found at cardinals.com/backatbusch.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years