2021 Cardinals MLB Game 9 thread – Sunday, April 11 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 9 thread – Sunday, April 11 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Batting practice for the brewers

Participant

Paid - Annual

The odds of Ponce finishing this game are about the same as hitting the Powerball jackpot….in consecutive drawings. He’s amassed 52 already with one out in the 2nd…..oh oh!!….and there goes Shaw!….a long bomb to right and it’s 7-0 Crew.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think we need some starting pitching.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bling’s wish comes true very quickly as Oviedo enters this lopsided affair. Good call, Bling!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Welcome to Steve60. Were you born in 1960, Steve?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Brewers 4 in the 1st and now only 3 in the 2nd….. we’re improving.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I wish the minor leagues were playing already. We might have an early idea of what progress our young pitchers have made. Either way it would appear PDL will likely be replaced by Kim or Oviedo for his turn in the rotation.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

Brewers 4 in the 1st and now only 3 in the 2nd….. we’re improving.

Lol

Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs I failed to mention that Oviedo would also get our first RBI but I was thinking it, trust me on that.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 2

DeJong – Lifts a high long fly to center, but there’s not quite enough mustard on this one to carry it on out as Cain slaps the leather on it right at the edge of the track for the out.

Carlson – Walks.

Dean – Drills a hard grounder just past Vogenbach’s outstretched glove at 1st and out into right for a hit. Paulie D. has to slam on the brakes at 2nd and the Birds are in a bit of business here in the 2nd.

Thomas – He walks and the bases are brimming with Birds!

Oviedo – Oh what I wouldn’t do for a walk here. He goes to 3-2 before tapping a slow roller to Peterson at 2nd who tosses it over to 1st for the out, but Carlson will come prancing home with the first Cardinal tally.

Edman – Lines a shot but right in the vicinity of the 3rd baseman Shaw, who snatches it for the out.

Cards 1
    Crew 7

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

After today’s game, 5% of the season will be complete. In 2011 at this point of the season we were 3-6, and in 2006 we were 5-4. I think we know what happened after 100% of the games were complete in those years. I realize different team but point it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish. I understand we are having our struggles and trying to find ourselves but I have a great feeling about this team moving forward.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If it were anyone else I’d say it was hogwash……but not with you, Bling. Great call once again. Do you have the final score for us today?

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know who will be getting the starts going forward, but Oviedo sure is more enjoyable to watch than Ponce or Gant and their glacial pace.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Great stats David! I like your style. You’d make some happy team a nice statistician.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

There is always at least a game or 2 during a season where a team gives up a big lead and a game or 2 where a team comes back from a big deficit. This may be that game for both the brew crew and the Redbirds.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not a spoiler Pugs. But strap in and hold on to your hat.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Travis Shaw playing like a Gold Glover today instead of a middling 3rd baseman like usual.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

At least we won’t have to face Scherzer in the Nats series. Of course the way we’ve been hitting to start the season… it seems no matter who we face… they look like CY young finalist against our offense.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 3

Goldy – Hits a hard grounder, but there’s Shaw once again to gobble her up and fire a perfect strike over to Vogenbach at 1st for the out.

Arenado – Hits it with authority to left, but it won’t go any further than the warning track as Bradley hauls it in for out #2 here in the Redbird 3rd.

Yadi – Smokes a shot to left center that will go all the way to the wall….and Yadi will lumber into 2nd with a double.

DeJong – Grounds it the wrong direction….in Shaw’s vicinity at 3rd and he’ll gather it in and throw DeJong out to retire the side.

Cards 1
    Crew 7

Participant

Free

Yes I was born in 1960! Thanks good to be here.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Oviedo looking very efficient as he has definitely restored order here in Dodge City.

Participant

Free

Stlcard25
    I agree Oviedo should start over DeLeon or Grant! His stuff is awesome!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Oviedo is very impressive. And he should be able to pitch a couple more innings.

Participant

Free

Wow Dean and Thomas taking professional at bats! A first for our corner outfielders in 2021!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 4

Carlson – Lofts a short fly to center that causes Cain to take a rather peculiar path to the ball, but the Brewer outfielder does indeed find his way to the ball for the out

Dean – Bounces a ball over Anderson’s head, ticketed for center, if not for the quick reactions of Peterson from 2nd to glove it and fling it on over to Vogenbach at 1st for the out.

Thomas- Lines a single to right.

Oviedo – Whiffs.

Cards 1
    Crew 7

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years