2021 Cardinals MLB Game 9 thread – Sunday, April 11 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 9 thread – Sunday, April 11 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    RHP Daniel Ponce de Leon (1-0, 1.80) vs. LHP Brett Anderson (0-1, 7.20)
    BSM // KMOX

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Knizner will be in the lineup for this one.

I am going to assume O’Neill will not be in the lineup since he was taken out yesterday.

DeJong needs to go down in the order. He’s K’d what, 11 times in 28 atbats now.

We have some big holes in the lineup. Yes, I know its early but there’s a reason people study history.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Just the simple move of sliding deJong below Yadi in the order would help. Get all the guys who are contributing in a row without the dead spot. I would even do it today with Knizner in there.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Curious to see the lineup today for this one. And I just checked the Doppler Radar and it looks like the St. Louis area is clear. We should get this one in.

And my din-din today, which will occur at first pitch, will consist of a center cut rib chop, some cut up hotdogs in bar-b-q sauce, a piece of cherry pie from the Amish restaurant, and an ice cream sandwich. Along with a Sunkist Orange and then a cigar. Yum Yum.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Yadier Molina (R) C
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    7. Austin Dean (R) LF
    8. Lane Thomas (R) CF
    9. Daniel Ponce de Leon (R) P

MrperkinsMrperkins
    Participant

Free

I’d switch Dean and DeJong. Knizner has to start considering calling Jeff Gillooly

Participant

Paid - Annual

lol, That’s a good one Mr.P

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

That’s a bad lineup construction. No wonder the offense is struggling. Wrong people in the wrong spots.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I like Austin Dean. I mentioned over the winter that he is a poor man’s version of Adam Duvall. He might be more like Ryan Ludwick. He should start every day while O’Neill is out.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Does anybody know what Thomas’s platoon split looks like in MiLB. Not enough MLB to tell anything.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Available only by year Bling, totals at all levels, that I know of.

2019: .837 vs rhp, .897 vs lhp
    2018: .854 vs rhp, .720 vs lhp
    2017: .653 vs rhp, .817 vs lhp

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

It’s not a must win but it would be nice to take another series. I’ll be watching it w/o sound as that irritating Brad Thompson just nauseates me. Go Cardinals.

Participant

Free

Wifey and I just finished a lovely rack of lamb for Sunday dinner, accompanied by flageolet beans and a green salad and topped off with a piece of chocolate cake and a cup of coffee. Now let’s see about giving these Brewers what for.
    Rah Cardinals!

Participant

Paid - Annual

CiF and rat you guys are killin me. I’m having a hot dog and the last of a tub of supermarket slaw. But I do have a grape Nehi, so eat your heart out.

Participant

Free

This wasn’t what I meant by “what for.”

Participant

Paid - Annual

I interpret Shildt’s comments as he will platoon Thomas. Too bad. I could live with Carlson, Thomas and Dean for a while and see what happens. I think someone else said the same.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cardinal In France & wifey are poster people for good healthy eating……RatsBuddy & Whitey Herdog….not so much.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not a good start for Ponce. Three runs in and struggling to get the pitcher with the bases loaded.

Carter Le GrandCarter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Garcia seems to like Cardinal pitching!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Anderson is the exact sort of pitcher the Cards have struggled with…a mediocre junk ball veteran. Two hits in the first three at bats is a good start but the Goldy double play stifled things.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 1. Brett Anderson dealing for The Crew and staked with an early 4-0 advantage.

Edman – Lofts a soft single to right in front of an advancing Garcia to get things rolling for the Cards.

Goldy – Grounds the 3-2 pitch out to Urias at short and this has “two” written all over it as he flips to Peterson at 2nd for one and then over to Vogenbach’s waiting mitt at 1st to complete the twin killing….ouch that hurt!

Arenado – Lines a shot to the right of Urias at short and out into left for a base hit.

Yadi – Grounds it right at Peterson at 2nd and he’ll easily dispatch the trudging Yadier Molina at 1st to retire the side.

Cards 0
    Brewers 4

DeJong –

Participant

Paid - Annual

Oviedo’s BBRef page says he hit 5 batters in 24 innings last year. Let’s bring him in. Maybe scare them to death.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years