2021 Cardinals MLB Game 9 thread – Sunday, April 11 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 9 thread – Sunday, April 11 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thomas’s OBP 1.000, so far so good. I’m tired of outfielders standing in with a pool noodle on their shoulder.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oviedo hardly pitched in spring training, which was odd. He has looked pretty solid today until this inning, where he’s been a little more wild.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Oviedo gets squeezed a bit as he issues a walk, putting runners at 1st & 2nd with nary an out in the Brewer 5th. You know, this might be good in a game like this, seeing how our young hurler handles a bit of adversity.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah it’s only a few frames, but gosh darn it……I think we’ve found ourself a quality starter.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice double play to end the inning as Yadi fields the bunt, fires to 2nd and on to first to end the inning.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I am with you Pugsley.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arenado is striping the ball, but everything is finding a glove. In fact, the Brewers are flashing a lot of leather today or the Cards would be in a lot better position to have a shot in this game.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Daniel Robertson replaces Shaw at 3rd, who hurt himself a bit fouling a pitch off his leg last inning. That Travis Shaw sure has been money both offensively and defensively this series. They called Brooks Robinson the Human Vacuum Cleaner in his playing days…. Shaw’s doing one heck of a Human Vacuum Cleaner impersonation.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s keep our fingers crossed, 1964Cards.

Oviedo keeps the Crew in check once again in the 6th and we’ve been sitting on this 7-1 score for quite a spell now…..how does 8-7 sound, gang?

Participant

Free

Maybe we should send Deleon to alternate site and keep Oviedo for a start 5 days from now!

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

One positive to take away from this game is the performance of Oviedo. I’m more impressed on how he was able to pitch out of a Jam in the 5th.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

8-7 sounds good to me, Pugs.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d love 8-7 but with Williams and Hader in their back pocket, the Brewers are sitting pretty. I will say that Oviedo is saving our pitching staff for the Washington series.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Johan “Hoot” Oviedo is mowing them down.

Participant

Free

Hey, what do y’all say we chip in five bucks each and get the Cards to eat Brad Thompson’s salary and hire Pugs for the rest of the season?

Participant

Free

Now that’s a way for Dejong to get on base!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Austin Dean with a chance to do some damage here. Bases juiced and no one out.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dean with the two run double down the 1b line! 7-3 now.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dean now TOOTBLAN. That double play is a killer. Simply can’t do that.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Marp with the warning track power once again. It’s pretty sad to see him trying and just not able to muscle the ball anymore. I hope he gets a few in the hotter months to go over the fence, but it doesn’t look promising.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I like Austin Dean. Ride the hot hand.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 6. Anderson exits after tossing 91 pretty effective pitches. Enter righty Eric Yardley. Yardley comes from down under….not from Sidney or Melbourne, but rather down under with his delivery.

Yadi – Walks…..how about a few more of those.

DeJong – Hit by pitch! A hit by pitch is as good as a walk …which is as good as a base hit….which… we’re in business here!

Carlson – Lofts a lazy popper to short left….Bradley races in but won’t catch it….Bradley quickly fires it to 3rd but not quick to get the get the alert Yadier Molina. Bases crammed with Birds with no outs.

Dean – Pokes it…..past Vogenbach at 1st and down the right field line!….Yadi scores….nipping at his heels is Paulie and he’ll score….7-3 on the 2 run Dean double and now we’re only looking at a 4 run deficit!

Thomas – Bounces it back to Yardley who fires it to 1st for the out….oh no!….and now they have Dean hung out to dry between 2nd & 3rd….and they’ll run him down at 3rd for the literal twin killing…poor base running maneuver by Dean here.

Carpenter – Hits it hard to right but that unfortunately will pose no great difficulties for Garcia as he gloves it to retire the side.

Cards 3
    Crew 7

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

It would have been nice to get another run or two with 2 in scoring position and no out but at least we got. Let’s hold them 0, score 2 in the 7th, 2 in the 8th, and a walk off blast in the 9th. Sound good Cardinal Nation?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Dean and Williams are like Laurel and Hardy on the base path.,

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

Dean and Williams are like Laurel and Hardy on the base path.,

Or Abbott and Costello with their modern version of who’s on first.. I don’t know is on 3rd.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years