2021 Cardinals MLB Game 19 thread – Friday, April 23 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 19 thread – Friday, April 23 vs. Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Kim is dealing tonight. I like the way he works fast. So much easier to watch than someone like Gant, who takes forever to deliver a pitch.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well just got in, missed all the fireworks. Did yadi get hurt or something. They are taking about taking him out.

1982 willie
    Participant

Got here just to see carp strike out, nothing much has changed.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 5

Hombree still the main man for Cincy.

Yadi – Yadi loved that home cooking that Sonny Gray was bringing to the plate for Din-Din…. let’s hope Mr. Hombree is a similar chef in Yadi’s eyes. Yadi strikes out swinging on a 3-2 Hombree heater. Oh oh is Yadi hurting?

DeJong – Sends it high in the air to straight away center where Senzel camps under it and has it for the second out here in the Cardinal 5th.

Carp – Whiffs on a fast one just a bit off the outside of the zone to retire the side.

Cards 5
    Reds 0

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yadi seems to have rolled an ankle or something like that.

Just sad watching Carpenter these days. I recall a game late in the ‘18 season when he hit four doubles in Coors Field as the Cards clobbered the Rox. Ironically Austin Gomber started that one and pitched well.

Carp has nothing left. He’s Allen Craig squared.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ouch….looks like Yadi may have turned his ankle a bit on the swing in his last at bat.

Castellanos a one out solo blow in the 6th.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Shildt double-switching and getting his better defensive lineup in the game. Kim pitched great. Let’s hope the bullpen can bring this home. And maybe the offense is not done. The Reds bullpen has been an arson squad in the early going.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kim has greatly increased Cardinal fans hopes for 2021 with his stellar performance this evening…..thank you Kwang-hyun Kim!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 6

Ryan Hendrix in his ML debut.

Williams – Looks like he has good movement….and a little giddy up to boot as Williams couldn’t touch this fellow in his at bat, as he whiffs flailing.

O’Neill – Hits it routinely in the air to right center where Castellanos gallops over to haul it in for the out.

Edman – Strikes out swinging and our pen better be up to the task tonight as this Hendrix kid might be pretty stingy the rest of the way.

Cards 5
    Reds 1

* And that will do it for my PBP tonight. Question……did I go 6 innings “strong” in the PBP booth tonight…..or just 6 innings?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I want this Stephenson kid in Cardinal red. Go get him Mo!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No wonder it’s so quiet here…..10 straight Redbirds have gone down, but thanks to some nice pitching, our boys still maintain a 5-1 lead heading to the 8th.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shucks! Now Cabby is nicked up as that shot back thru the box clipped his heel. Looks like he’s ok luckily.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Don’t really like the bullpen parade Shildt is doing. Seems like Helsley and Cabrera were going okay. Why not let them keep going?

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Gallegos with command tonight. If he had that in Washington the other night we would have had a W.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Ka-niz-ner getting an AB.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Hicks in for the first time in awhile. Let’s hope he throws strikes. That is the difference in our pitching tonight. Every pitcher has had great command. Makes a world of difference.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Boy, that was ugly. Carlson has to take command there.

And Hicks seems a bit shaky with his control.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

That’s the one issue with Hicks – does not have the consistent command you want in a reliable late inning pitcher.

Reyes can be that way as well, but seems to have mostly conquered that.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Wow. Shildt painted himself into a corner with all the pitching changes earlier, and now he is stuck with guys who cannot find the strike zone.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Phew, that was a close one. At least when Reyes fell behind 3-0 on Suarez, he battled all the way back.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yep, nice battle back. Now Castellanos and Suarez helped by swinging at pitches out of the zone. But Alex was able to get just enough in there to hold on to the win.

Shilt over managed that one, and it almost cost us. But then that goof in the outfield really hurt.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

My two cents…

Everything about that inning was stupid. Justin Williams should be on the bench after that atrocious game. I got exhausted just watching Reyes try to find the strike zone. The wooding is mind numbing painful to hear and makes me hate every single person who woos. It’s only cool when Ric Flair does it. Get off my lawn!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This stomach turning W calls for a double Blood Oath.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

garlic rosemary rack of lamb

Me too, but Costco $9/pound, not grass fed. Cheap enough for a special treat.

Thanks for the pbp, good to read it. Bad day for my fandom, with Ronnie O’Sullivan out of the World Snooker Championship. If he knew what baseball was, I’m sure he’d be a Cardinals fan!

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

So much for “when O’Neill returns Carp will return to the bench”. Wth is wrong with Schildt? Has he had a brain injury?

StlToday:

With outfielder Tyler O’Neill activated Friday after a groin pull and one day away from returning to the starting lineup to buy him a little more time after he fouled a ball off his foot in his final simulated game

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years