2021 Cardinals MLB Game 19 thread – Friday, April 23 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 19 thread – Friday, April 23 vs. Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Am I the lone wolf around this joint tonight? Let’s take a roll call gang.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kim again escapes damage in the 2nd, yielding just one hit…..a Senzel hustle-double. Boy that Stephenson kid sure has a nice stroke….not quite like JD Drew’s, but in that same zip code.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Present and accounted for.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi the slugger!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 2

Arenado – Sky’s one to right that will not pose any difficulties for Castellanos….camps under it a few strides towards center and slaps the leather on it for the out.

Yadi – Tattoos a long one to left down the line!……fair or foul?…..fair and gone! Cards seize a 1-0 advantage on Yadier Molina’s 4th round tripper on the year

DeJong – K’s swinging….Gray’s 3rd.

Carp – Gets to 1st the easy way, compliments of 4 consecutive Gray wayward ones.

Williams – Justin whiffs watching, but the inning was a productive one thanks to a Yadi long one.

Cards 1
    Reds 0

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, Williams had a couple of pitches to turn on there, and got the Goldy symptom of watching them go by. Thought he would especially jump on that 1-1 pitch.

Gotta make it happen kid – can’t stand there when the ball is in the zone.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27…..sweet! And BicycleMike in the house. Is it just we 3 amazing amigos?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Like Yogi said, “you can observe a lot by watching”.

Along that line, if Goldy doesn’t want to swing early in the count, nobody’s going to stop him.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kim looking like the Kim of 2020…..very encouraging news indeed.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Was that Yogi or Yadi, Euro Dandy?

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Great addition, Euro!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

This would be a good time for Goldy to snap out of it. Misses a breaking ball, strike one.

…and there you go. Gotta hit your big boys in the run producing slots.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Batting Carlson 2nd looking good so far.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whats wrong with Goldschmidt? He only doubled, and didn’t homer.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

One thing I’m sure about, Pugs, is that was Goldy who just drove in two. Evidently the key to get him going is for Mike and I to crack on him a bit.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I like it!!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

So famine is out and feast is in tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 3

Kim – Kim looks very comfy with bat in hand…taps a little squibber towards 3rd…Gray races over to snatch it and his throw to 1st is offline…infield hit.

Edman – Rolls it on the ground out to India at 2nd who quickly whips it over to Suarez at 2nd for one and his throw….. won’t happen….Suarez decided to eat the ball instead of risking a throwing error.

Carlson – Dumps a short fly into center….Senzel races in but it’ll fall in for a hit with Edman stopping at 2nd and the Birds are in business here in the 3rd.

Goldy – Rifles a drive…fair into the left field corner!…Edman will score….here comes Carlson rounding 3rd and heading for paydirt…and he’ll score on the Goldschmidt two run double….3-0 Cards!

Arenado – Sizzzzles a liner into right for a hit….Goldy is rounding 3rd and a coming home…4-0 Cards.

Yadi – Gap time!!!!! That baby is drilled to the right center gap and heading wallward…Arenado will score with ease and it’s now 5-0 on the Yadi double.

DeJong – Grounds it sharply to 3rd where Blandino will glove it and look Yadi angrily back to 2nd and then fire it across the diamond to Votto’s waiting mitt for the out.

Carp – Rifles a hard hit grounder to 1st but Votto has it smothered and he’ll run on over to the bag to retire the side.

Cards 5
    Reds 0

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Just finished off a ruby red Texas grapefruit for dessert. It was an alcohol-free evening as we went with water again. Even though it is Friday and the Cards are winning, I just was not into it tonight. The lovely lady of the house often has a glass of wine after work on Friday, but she was not going for it either.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What’s not to like about Kim?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ruby red grapefruit rocks, BicycleMike. Hopefully you sprinkled a little sugar on it?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gray reminds me of Strasburg. His velocity seems down. I thought he was a mid 90s guy.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Goldy coming up with 2 on again. Can he do it a second time?

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Ruby red grapefruit rocks, BicycleMike. Hopefully you sprinkled a little sugar on it?

I have not added sugar onto my grapefruit since I was a youthful lad, Pugs. Have adopted to a healthier food fare as I have aged.

But now and then will enjoy things like a good old burger, or a hot dog at a ball game. Life is all about balance. Discipline, but also balance.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 4

Williams – Strikes out swinging and Justin asks the ump if it was in the zone and is quickly met with an affirming nod of the head.

Kim – K’s…. that’s 6 of them already for the Cincinnati right hander.

Edman – Tommy Boy on 3-2 walks on a high hard one away.

Now the team doctor jogs out to pay Gray a visit on the hill. Gray says he’s ok, but if he has to face Yadi one more time they may end up lugging him out on a stretcher the way Yadi is tagging him tonight.

Carlson – Edman easily swipes 2nd. Walks and the Cards with runners at 1st and 2nd will be looking to tack on a run or two to their 5-0 advantage. And now here comes Bell to usher his hurler back to the dugout. Not Gray’s best outing.

Enter Heath Hombree not to be confused with Hombre, a 32 year old righty.

Goldy – Walks on 4 straight unstraight ones.

Arenado – Bases bursting over the brim with Birds. Got under it and lofts a fly in back of 3rd…. Blandino in hot pursuit…stumbles but somehow manages to haul it in in foul turf to retire the side.

Cards 5
    Reds 0

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years