2021 Cardinals MLB Game 17 thread – Tue, April 20 at Nationals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 17 thread – Tue, April 20 at Nationals

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman beats out the single despite a great play by Castro, then Goldy grounds into a double play to erase it.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bell unties it. With the way this anemic offense is going tonight, that might be the game winner.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Edman beats out the single despite a great play by Castro, then Goldy grounds into a double play to erase it.

How this team is, feast or famish. Making a bad pitcher look like Cy Young tonight.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Great At Bat by Yadi

Participant

Free

That a boy Dylan! Followed a great at bat by Yadi. He smoked that ball.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This Carlson kid may turn out to be pretty good. Another triple to tie the game at 1.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson breaks the ice.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How this team is, feast or famish. Making a bad pitcher look like Cy Young tonight.

Corbin didn’t have a good first two starts to the season, but he’s a pretty good pitcher. 3 time All Star and twice he’s gotten Cy Young votes, including a 5th place finish.

Participant

Free

Nice job Dean!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dean puts the Cards on top with a sac fly to Schwarber. 2-1, Cards.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Way to Dean. 2-1 good guys.

Participant

Free

So do you lift Waino for the double switch replacing Williams? Sosa in the 9 hole and the pitcher in the 8 hole. Move Tommy to the outfield.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d let Waino start the 7th.

Participant

Free

There’s the answer. Let’s see how it works.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m very surprised they didn’t keep Corbin in the game.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well just got in, waino looking good . Though seems like a fairly wide strike zone. I wouldn’t say wide but definitely not hitter friendly. As long as both sides are getting the same, I’m fine with it.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Waino is dealing

Participant

Free

Wainwright flat dealing in the 7th. Beautiful game by him. Good call to leave him in for one more inning.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh paint me in the batting average corner. I’ve learned to appreciate ops a little but I’m a sucker for a player that shows me he can actually hit which is what batting average tells you though at this time of year that can be inflated.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice 7 innings by waino tonight. Hopefully pen doesn’t lose it and we can go for sweep tomorrow with a fairly rested bullpen.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Goldy not looking good at all tonight. Missed a hanging pitch that he should have crushed, and cannot catch up to the hard stuff on the outside edge.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Vintage Wainwright this evening. I was watching him and thinking “Remember this”, as he likely won’t be pitching after this season.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino was incredible tonight…just what the doctor ordered for our overworked bullpen. Just need to get the pen to close it down. Gallegos is the first up.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Thought Gallegos would go with a breaking pitch on 2-2. Instead he throws heat but misses up. Then walks the lead off man – not something you want to do.

Uh-oh – Gallegos does not have command. Worst thing for a bullpen guy coming in with a 1 run lead.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The leadoff walk is not how you wanted that inning to start with noted Cardinal killer Harrison on deck.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years