2021 Cardinals MLB Game 17 thread – Tue, April 20 at Nationals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 17 thread – Tue, April 20 at Nationals

Viewing 19 posts - 76 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Arenado just hadn’t been swinging the bat well. Doesn’t seem to be picking the ball up well. Takes a lot of pitches in the strike zone and ends up with 2 strikes almost every time.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well we almost have to pinch run here.

1982 willie
    Participant

I guess not, hopefully it doesn’t matter.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Ooo, thought Carlson was going to jump on that 1-0 pitch – good one to drive to right center.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

We’ve been wanting a starter to give us more than 5 innings. Waino not only does but holds the other team to 1 run in 7 innings. Unfortunately, the bats, bullpen and manager gave him no help tonight. Bad loss or at least would be but with how this team is playing a poor loss.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well disappointing but get em to orrow

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Tough loss. Just shows what can happen when you cannot throw with command. Real tough to keep major leaguers from taking advantage.

Our feast or famine offense does not help either.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was a game the Cards absolutely could not afford to lose, with a 99% certain loss tomorrow. Waino pitched his heart out but Shildt made some puzzling moves, to say the least. There’s a shot this team is in last place at the end of tomorrow.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gallegos – off with his head

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Agree 25. That was a really tough one to not close out.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m just guessing but I’ll say Brian Barton, not Barden, or whatever his name was. The rule V OF/Pinch runner that was supposed to be a rocket scientist or whatever. Not even sure he was 0 but he popped in my mind immediately.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

St. Louis native Kerry Robinson wore No. 0 prior to Austin Dean. Robinson had a .267/.303/.337 slash line for his career.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And had an interesting role in 3 Nights in August

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope Shildt gets into the pattern of using Hicks and Reyes in the 8th and 9th in close games. Ease Gallegos into high leverage situations in 7th.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

great start by Waino ruined by a clueless coach and a pitcher who had no control of right to still be in the game at that point…

This team prob worst in division at this point

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Prior to Dean, K-Rob was the only player in team history to wear “0”. Had Adam Ottavino been kept around, I bet he would have gotten it eventually. Also, Bobby Bonds and Omar Olivares each donned double-zero. For Bobby, it was the next best thing to “BB”, which was already claimed by the bat boy! This is Omar…

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gallegos is usually lights out but last night he was terrible. What can you say? It was obvious from the first batter he faced that he didn’t have his usual stuff. That is a tough loss.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oliveras was a nifty hitter, too. I know he hit a few home runs.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Right you are Scotty and MrPerkins. The most famous sports 00 uni wearer of all time had to have been a fellow who’s stomping grounds (Wausau) isn’t all that far from mine. I give you Jim Otto of the Oakland Raiders.

Viewing 19 posts - 76 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years