2021 Cardinals MLB Game 150 thread – Tuesday, Sept. 21 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 150 thread – Tuesday, Sept. 21 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Hey Pugs? You ever have any of that Sprecher root beer up there in Wisconsin?

r/Esteemed Rat

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

I passed the biggest fart that I’ve ever had… cause my Sphincter was so tight in that last at bat!!!

When I relaxed… it just came out!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Just win baby!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sure do, Rat. Have 4 of them in the fridge as we speak. Do you guys get it down in southern Indiana?

1982 willie
    Participant

Well I felt going in we had to have a split in this series. We won the first two so mission accomplished at the least but we might as well get greedy.

GACard
    Participant

Free

I’m mentally emotionally and even physically exhausted. Great W. Magic number at 8

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m getting Curlo a whoopie cushion for his next birthday……August 3rd?

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

I was so nervous cause I thought Lego might throw one past Yadi.

Great Game!!!!!!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Just Win Baby”……love that TexasCard!

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

LOLOL Thanks Pugs!!!!!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards now 4 games up in the WC standings. I never could have guessed it a month or two ago.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Imagine the kind of things Shildt would have been called if giving an intentional walk to Yellich caused the Cardinals to lose this game. As it turns out, it was a gutsy move that paid off with a win.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Shildt gonna need a wheelbarrow to walk around the clubhouse tonight. Way to finish it off, Gio!!

Nice Randy Marsh reference.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, nope, never heard of Sprecher root beer. I have A&W root beer in the fridge, however.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our Cards need a catchy gimmick to carry them on thru to the WS. From rally caps to rally squirrels, if you come up with a good one, it almost guarantees you the trophy

A & W rocks too. Have to have it in a cold glass with no ice though…..very tough to beat.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Be advised the Reds trailed the Pirates 3-2 in the bottom of the 7th, had the bases loaded, nobody out, and Castellanos, Votto, and Farmer coming up. I figured that was that, the Reds would win this one.

Castellanos – pop fly to short right
    Votto – pop fly to short center
    Farmer – called out on strikes
    The Reds failed to score.

The momentum completely left them and the Pirates plated three runs in the top of the 8th.

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Did not agree with the IBB to Yelich, but it worked. That is how it goes when you are in stretch like our club is. Everything you do works.

Great game. Woody gets the win over Woody. Really glad they are giving Woody the ball every five days. Let’s get back to scoring runs tomorrow though. 😀

Wooster
    Participant

Free

A tight game all the way through. Both our runs with fundamental baseball. Get em on and move them over. 9th inning didn’t help my blood pressure but we got a break last night. Congrats team good pitching and stingy but effective offense. Go Cardinals!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs, nope, never heard of Sprecher root beer. I have A&W root beer in the fridge, however.

I’ve seen Sprechers here in PA before. It’s a good quality root beer. One of the better varieties. Boylans is probably my favorite. Johnny Ryan is also very good.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

“Congrats team good pitching and stingy but effective offense. Go Cardinals!” And Tommy Edman who makes the Cardinals go.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That he does, GameCard. And the SF Giants put the finishing touches on yet another St. Louis Cardinals perfect day by coming back from a 4-1 deficit to defeat the SD Padres 6-5.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not quite perfect as I just saw where the Phillies came storming back with 2 runs in the bottom of the 10th on J.T. Realmuto’s 2 run triple to shock Baltimore’s Orioles 3-2. So it looks like Philadelphia is our main threat.,..and their quest seems a bit lighter as they prepare to meet Baltimore hurler Keegan Lee Akin, who is sporting a most disturbing 2-10 record with an unsightly 6.93 ERA and thru the roof WHIP of 1.61.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Just keep winning and the rest will take care of itself.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just keep winning…that’s the spirit, HF! The Cards are putting the other teams in a pretty tough spot with this play of theirs. Right now the Reds have 10 games left, the Phillies 11 and the Padres 10. To even get to 85 wins the Reds have to go 7-3, the Phillies 8-3 and the Pads 9-1. The Cards just need to take care of business and give themselves a shot to knock off the mighty Dodgers in the one game playoff.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was a gutsy call by Shildt to put the winning run on second but I guess he wanted to take his chances with the pinch hitter instead of Yelich. Hey it worked. That is all that matters.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.