2021 Cardinals MLB Game 150 thread – Tuesday, Sept. 21 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 150 thread – Tuesday, Sept. 21 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yadi swinging like the elder Vladimir Guerrero on his first two ABs. Hasn’t worked out too well for him. Hope he takes a better approach next time.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oneil as good a hitter as he is, is a little lazy in left field. He’s always trying to let the infielders get the ball when he should be going after all of them.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Woodford threw 26 pitches in the 1st. Has thrown 34 more to get through the 4th.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well Woodford going out again. As good as he’s been since the first, def a good move. Hope he keeps the mojo working.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Cards somehow win the Jake Woodford vs Brandon Woodruff game after winning the shell of Jon Lester vs Freddy Peralta game, may as well just hand that World Series trophy over. There’s no other explanation…it is the finger of God.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford gave us a solid five. Lineup turning over, he should be through. Hopefully our top can get him a bigger lead here.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like O’Neill got rung up on a way outside pitch again. He’s becoming the new Matt Carpenter, apparently.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Their pitcher is good but they don’t need to be given him pitches 5 inches off the plate.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Very well put, StlCard25! Woodruff whiffs the side giving him 10 K’s and that’s now 11 consecutive Cards he’s reshuffled back to the deck without any advancement. 1-0 Birds heading to the bottom half of the 6th.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Nelson was pretty good at first, but the last couple innings he doesn’t think Woodruff can throw one outside the zone.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wow, Reyes walks Wong on four pitches but the last pitch was closer than about 6 of Woodruff’s called strikes tonight. I long for the day they eliminate these buffoons behind the plate.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes commits a ultimate sin. Walks leadoff batter who can run.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat’s going crazy as Reyes walks his first batter on 4 straight…..I can see him right now choking on his cigar smoke with his concerned pooch at his side.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We need a pitcher’s best friend right here and right now…..but we get the pitcher’s second best friend as Reyes strikes out Adames. One out with one down .

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Atta boy Alex! Two straight strike outs puts a much sunnier forecast on this inning’s prospects.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Way to come back there Reyes.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So many things in life are contagious…. especially during these difficult times. But on the bright side of things, winning is certainly one of them and our Cardinals need to keep clutching it as long as humanly possible.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Woodruff and Reyes looking really good. Reyes has a killer sinker when hes got it under control. Seems to always start off a little wild. Pitchers game so far.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes when he trusts his stuff is unhittable. That’s the guy who was the #1 pitching prospect. Unfortunately, it seems we may never see that potential realized as a starter for the Cards. But we could sure dream back there in late 2016, huh?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Indeed StlCard25, those days of Reyes being a starter can never be rekindled. But he sure can carve out his legacy in baseball anals in the bullpen.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cabby on….sweet! I truly believe in this guy……and for good reason.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hes sure a lot better lately in the middle innings stl25. The talents there. Putting him in the pen seems to have settled him down. I could see him eventually becoming a starter and besides he wouldn’t have the pressure on him to close. Garcia did a great job closing last night but hes got alot more experience.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I could see Reyes starting, but I don’t see him being a #1 starter like we all thought he’d be. Darn fragile arms. Maybe he’ll surprise but being a great reliever would be useful for us too.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Most catchers drop that wicked foul tip strike out off Cain’s bat. Yadi rocks!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Raise your hand if you would like to see Cabrera come back out in the 8th. I saw Pugs hand go up before I finished the sentence.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.