2021 Cardinals MLB Game 11 thread – Tue, April 13 vs. Nats

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 11 thread – Tue, April 13 vs. Nats

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Batting around is fun. Carp up to face the lefty. Sac fly. 12-1.

Can Dylan keep it rolling??

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Way to hustle, Dylan. Too long a throw for the 3B and we’re still in business!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nothing much better than batting around the order.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

MLBs next rule to speed up the game. 10 run rule after 5. Maybe make it after 6.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The whole starting lineup has at least one hit. Even Carp.14 men at bat this inning so far.

1982 willie
    Participant

I was surprised they gave an error on carps hit. It should be an error but they routinely in this day and age give guys hits on hard hit balls that aren’t played well even if they get a glove on it.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Knizner walks. Williams up again and the Carda have batted around on this reliever. Would be a nice time to see some more of that famous Justin Williams exit velocity.

Or maybe the little floater out to CF. 2 more in, 14-1 Cardinals.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Williams two hits off a lefty in this inning! Dean gets a second pinch hit opportunity.

1982 willie
    Participant

They didn’t do it but I wonder if there ever has been an occasion where a guy pinch hit for someone and came back up in same inning and got pinch hit for.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Save some runs for the rest of the week. 14-1 now.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Love to see your PHer (Dean) get two AB in the inning.

bccran
    Participant

Carp -see ball, hit ball. Simple.

1982 willie
    Participant

Umpires getting tired.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think this ump is ready for this inning to end. That 3-1 pitch was quite a bit inside. Dean ends up K’ing on a pitch in the dirt. Not a great at bat there but 9 runs will do.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Looked like Dean just wanted to get on with things.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Do we have someone that can pitch the last 4 innings? Save the bullpen. Maybe a position player?

bccran
    Participant

Great to see guys go up there and just rip. Not make it more complicated than it is. Don’t worry about swing plane, launch angle, barrel rate, exit velocity, etc.
    Just pick out a hittable pitch and hammer it. Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good morning, good evening, good night Mr Soto.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well you can go up there and just rip when the pitching is horrible. Glad to see the hits but I’ll wait and see how we do going forward against better pitching. Some of the stuff tonight was just batting practice stuff.

bccran
    Participant

Batting practice or not, hope it’s a confidence builder.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

I was surprised they gave an error on carps hit. It should be an error but they routinely in this day and age give guys hits on hard hit balls that aren’t played well even if they get a glove on it.

It hit off Castros’s chest, after deflecting off his glove. Whatever it was, it hurt.

1982 willie
    Participant

Edman almost messed up. It may be a laugher but got to concentrate.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

3 hits for Carlson. I hope he can keep it going.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Carp -see ball, hit ball. Simple.

This is the third or fourth time you’ve made a comment like this. I think what you are missing is that the advanced metrics are not for the batter while he/she is having an AB. It’s not like they are wearing special contacts, or implants like in the old ESPN Pujols ‘Machine’ commercials. The stats are to understand why hitters are successful or not, and how to get better. Ten years ago, BABIP was the rage, with regression to the mean being the mantra of some. Then the correlative analysis came out, that showed that BABIP was sustainable based on launch angle and exit velocity. It’s not for the batter during an AB. It’s to let them know how far away they are when they are slumping or just missing. Carp, for instance, has been just missing. It’s why he’s being getting so many batting opportunities even without results, until today. Yes you could say he was lucky Castro made an error at SS today, but when you hit it at 105mph you make your own luck.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Cardinals win. Outfielders are 7-15 with 2 strikeouts. Now 6-5 on the year.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years