2021 Cardinals MLB Game 11 thread – Tue, April 13 vs. Nats

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 11 thread – Tue, April 13 vs. Nats

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Jack Flaherty (1-0, 5.23) vs. RHP Stephen Strasburg (0-0, 0.00)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, this one wont be easy either. Facing Strasburg is never an easy task.

Still believe part of the problem is the lineup construction. Goldschmidt should be hitting cleanup, Arenado 3rd, and Carlson 2nd. DeJong probably 5th or 6th.

Need to get things in gear starting tonight. A winning streak of ten in a row starts with one game.

Din-Din today will be a steak & cheese Subway sandwich, some cream style corn from the bakery at the grocery store, my last piece of cherry pie from the amish restaurant, and another Sunkist Orange. No cigars today until around 1st pitch tonight.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Strasburg is good, but I like Flaherty more in this one. I will predict a 5-2 win.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Facing Strasburg is the last thing we need. Pray for a first inning blister.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Once again this game is too late (01:45 a.m.) for me to watch live. At 5-5, it’s a good time for these guys to wake up and turn the lights on (Hey, Carp is on a hot streak now!). Flaherty needs to eat some innings and the Big Two plus Yadi need to spark the laggards.
    Nothing extraordinary for din-din tonight. Just pork chops, mashed potatoes and corn with cornbread slathered with butter. No dessert, but I sure do envy Rats and those great pies from the Amish resto.
    Rah Cardinals!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One thought I have had since the end of spring training is that the starters were not ready to deep into games. Was it possibly related to the shortened ST?

And with the most recent history of early high pitch counts for CMart and PDL have meant a much heavier workload for the relievers. Our team sure could use some good news on Kim and Mikolas. I was hoping one of the 2, most likely Kim, would replace PDL in the rotation by now.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We could be facing Cy Young’s father in this game……and we would still win. At the extreme risk of appearing cocky, those here that have known me over the years know that I don’t miss when I’m this emphatic about an upcoming game’s outcome. A definite game where you bet the ranch and all the cattle nestled within it’s cozy confines, if you’re a betting man. I’m staking my reputation….and a little cash, on Cardinal victory tonight. Trust me when I say I’m not breaking a sweat about it. Play ball!

grayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

pugs i was on the fence at even “ish” odds, you’ve tipped me over!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’ll be profusely thanking and adding me to your Christmas card (and present) list by night’s end, Grays. I’d say “good luck Grays”, but you and our Battling Birds won’t need any good fortune to come out on top vs Strasburg this evening.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) RF
    2. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    5. Matt Carpenter (L) 2B
    6. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    7. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    8. J. Williams (L) LF
    9. Jack Flaherty (R) P

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Come on, break the bubble wrap on Sosa. It seems unfair that management is down on him without playing him. Is he a problem in the clubhouse??

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Strasburg has to be shaking in his boots with Dejong and Carpenter batting 4 and 5!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

27, In Shildts pregame he said PDL had been moved to the pen. KK must be close.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Yes, Goold said today:

Kwang Hyun Kim will start Saturday vs. #Phillies in Philadelphia.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Out 4 and 5 hitters on tonight’s game are now 5 for 51 on the season! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack’s pitch count 60 already. Probably going to work the pen again.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would like them to slide Oviedo in as fifth starter and pair him with Gant in long relief. Ponce needs to be kept in the pen.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arenado goes yard! Yes!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope this is the first of many games where Goldschmidt and Arenado go deep.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

The eagle has landed!

bccran
    Participant

Now, this is exciting.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

very happy for Carp.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

atta-boy Carp

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years