2021 Cardinals MLB Game 10 thread – Mon, April 12 vs. Nats

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 10 thread – Mon, April 12 vs. Nats

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    bccran
    Participant

Just put on Netflix. Gant doesn’t look like a Cardinal and this team is too hard to watch.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

I have a prediction! I bet by August 1
    Dejong
    O’Neill
    Bader

No longer on roster

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

45 pitches after 3 IP, about right

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve spent half the night fighting with the MLB app on my TV. It finally let me watch but was a half inning behind, which I didn’t realize until I saw jj’s post. So I backed out to get lined up again and now I’m getting errors again. Argh.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gamecast says Carp with a base hit to the catcher. A bunt I assume. Waving the white flag I guess. But it got us a run. Hooray.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards got lucky there. I’m not sure that was the right call, bailed out on a bad throw by Gant.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are back to 4 below .200. Williams is 5 points away from giving us 3 below .100. 4 counting Gant, which we are not. Maybe we are going for a record or something.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant 75 pitches after top of fifth. Hope he comes back out to face Soto, Bell, Schwarber

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like Gant will go out there again. He did lay down a nice bunt. Gonna be up to Edman to get the run(s) in again.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman fails. Off with his head.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant totally gets squeezed on the 3-2 pitch. The should have been K turns to a walk and the Nats are in prime position for the go ahead run.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

pull him

3,4,5 batters third time through and Gant lost the challenge.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In retrospect, Shildt blew it by not pinch hitting for Gant and wasting a shot at a run, then Gant gives up at least 1 and probably 2+ runs in the 6th. The Cards have to be the team with the most times where they have a pitcher hit and he doesn’t make it through the next inning over the last bunch of years.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With 2 on I wondered if he’d pinch hit Nigowski

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mo’s computer doesn’t like Nogowski any more than it liked RA. Something about hitting .300 at Memphis I guess.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldschmidt down to .238, he must have grabbed one of the pool noodles out of the bat rack by mistake.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well jj-cf-stl, I’d you look at recent trends he’s getting a lot of at bats lately. Now that he got that bunt hit, he’s probably in the lineup for good..

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The 38 year old guy taters one. Yadi the man.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Do we have an outfielder that can hit his weight? What a depressing group that is and the fact that they are on the big league roster doesn’t say much for what’s in the organization.

And in Starting pitching that is good for 5 innings and well can you say .500 team?

1982 willie
    Participant

In fairness stlcard, they are trying to get gant to go longer in games. You can’t keep wearing out your bullpen. But gant just seems like one of those guys that is always going to accumulate a lot of pitches in a short time, likes to nibble. Yadi makes it a one run game

1982 willie
    Participant

Carlson struggling a little tonight.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

When I saw the lineup I thought, “You know your offense is bad when a lifetime 98 OPS+ guy is your cleanup hitter”. But Yadi is off to a good start, and just homered.

I am ready to give Sosa a shot at short. Did I hear Danny Mac say DeJong has gone 23 ABs since his last hit?

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Carlson has struggled a little since he was called up. Not exactly a Juan Soto as a young player, but you gotta keep running him out there as he is the big prospect.

Nats get the run back right away.

1982 willie
    Participant

Right now we really only have edman and yadi as guys consistently hitting. I know arenado has that streak but it’s been mainly one hit a game, tonight he and goldy are struggling, still in the game though gallegos just gave that run back on a bad pitch.

1982 willie
    Participant

Oh bicyclemike, I’m not saying sit him, nobody else out there is doing any better. Just pointing out, he has had some good games though.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years