2021 Cardinals MLB Game 1 thread – Thu 4/1 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 1 thread – Thu 4/1 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

3:10 pm CT, Jack Flaherty vs. RHP Luis Castillo, Bally Sports Midwest/KMOX

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Yee Haw! Game Thread #1! Here we go 2021! Been waiting a long time for this!

The weather is going to be cold. Forecast high only in the mid 40s around game time. But with the off day on Friday the weather should be back up to around 60 for both weekend games.

I hope Pugs is tuning up for his PBP!

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Can’t wait to see it though I’ll have to watch recording. I won’t be able to get home til it’s half over. We are currently switching over cable so hopefully it’s up by then. If not I’ll be missing it.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Can’t wait. I’ll have my annual red big Bud Light (34 ounce) at my local watering hole, and grilling out. I would say what I am going to have, but I think the experts, Rat, and Pugs should disclose their meals first.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What will the lineup be? Will Goldschmidt and Arenado be 2-3?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I’ll be having a Ribeye steak, baked potato, and a piece of banana cream pie along with a Sunkist Orange for lunch. I am having a load of gravel delivered tomorrow early afternoon so I will hold off on the cigar until around first pitch.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cardinals27 wrote:

I hope not.

But remember, PDJ will strikeout his 1st plate appearance on either a high fastball or a low outside breaking pitch.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m predicting:

2B Edman
    1B Goldy
    3B Arenado
    SS Dejong
    CF Carlson
    C Yadi
    LF O’Neill
    RF Williams
    P Flaherty

UncleDenny
    Participant

I’m betting O’Neill 5th and Carlson 7th

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It will be over when I get home but I’ve got Ball Park Franks and Budweiser.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With all due respect to the esteemed Uncle Denny, I’ll literally eat my hat if Carlson is hitting 7th in the order. Carlson will NEVER bat lower than 6th in the lineup ever again.

What’s with the orange, Rat?? Not used to seeing a fruit or vegetable on Rat’s Din-Din menu. Cardinal In France’s Opening Day Din-Din should be one for the books. You’ll have to list your complete Din-Din arrangement prior to the first pitch tomorrow, Cardinals27.

PBP for Opening Day is still a big ?. I’m presently mired in a PBP funk. Remember about 30 years ago when Dodgers 2nd baseman Steve Sax inexplicably started throwing easy tosses to 1st base everywhere except to the general vicinity of his 1st baseman’s webbing. It plagued him for weeks and weeks. I think they called it a bad case of the yipps back then. Well, I’m in the unfortunate midst of the PBP yipps right now as I continue to uncontrollably shout of cuss words in French when I get excited calling the action. I know I have to arrest this issue before I step one foot in the Cardinal Nation PBP booth, or face the music from Brian. I have another virtual reality 3 inning tuneup slated to go at 9:35pm(cst) this evening between the Bowling Green State University Falcons and the Toledo Rockets. If all goes smoothly, I’ll be in that Cardinal Nation booth tomorrow afternoon…..with bells on.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

PugsleyAddams wrote:

What’s with the orange, Rat??

Pugs, its not an orange. Sunkist Orange is a drink. At least it is down here in SW Indiana. I debated on either buying a 12 pack of Sunkist Orange or Dr. Pepper yesterday at the store. SKO won. Of course, Mt. Dew is the #1 constant.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Figures. Regardless, I bet you live to be 93, Rat.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll have to try a Sunkist Orange. The only soda pop I ever drink is Grape Nehi now and then because we always have it around to make homemade pop-sickles for the grandkids.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wasn’t Grape Nehi Radar O’Reilly’s fav pop from “MASH” fame? Grape pop is a winner, Bling. After reading where drinking large amounts of carmel colored soda like Pepsi and Coke can be a factor with pancreatic cancer, I mostly stick with 7-UP and The Dew these days. Patrick Swayze reportedly drank a 12 pak of diet Pepsi on a daily basis for years.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sunkist does make a fine orange soda but I miss “Thirsty? Just Whistle!” from my childhood. Minute Maid put out a pretty good orange soda in late 80’s/early 90’s. Fanta never impressed me much.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Pugs, you are correct. Radar did drink Grape Nehi. It was a running joke at Rosie’s for many years after Radar went home.

Speaking of Patrick Swayze, he made an appearance on MASH. Ironically, he was diagnosed with Leukemia (I think) on that episode.

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

I agree with Uncle Denny. I don’t think they’ll want Carlson to feel too much pressure early and O’Neill had a better spring. The guy who is out of place is DeJong. He should be in the 7th spot.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

I’m making 6 racks of lamb tomorrow to bring to Bible study. It’s on how the Jewish Passover dinner has significance in two faiths. Matzoh (unleavened bread), sweet apple mixture (harosset), and potatoe mash.

Baseball is the only sport in the Bible (In the big inning…)

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Just saw that the 6th game of the 2011 World Series is on FS1. They are in the 11th inning.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Y’all’s talk about Nehi grape brings back fond memories of Little and Pony League days when it was my beverage of choice. Didn’t know they still made the stuff.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Opening day is finally here! It’s been two long years since we had the feel of a real Opening Day, so this is something to cherish for sure. Anyone bold enough to make a pick for how today’s contest plays out?

The weather looks to be cold and Castillo is a good pitcher, but I think Jack has a solid 5 IP, 1R, 8K outing and then the bullpen takes it from there. Goldy hits the game’s only dinger and Carlson drives in a run with a double, and the Cards win 4-2.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

As Tony Pena said in the 1987 NLCS…….”We’re Just About Ready To Rumble”

Just a few hours away from first pitch. I’ll have already ate my lunch but I’ll have my Palma Real cigar – or two – ready to go for this one. And then my late night snack tonight and another Palma Real as I tune into the WhiteSox and Angels clash in Anaheim.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs, you are correct. Radar did drink Grape Nehi. It was a running joke at Rosie’s for many years after Radar went home.

Speaking of Patrick Swayze, he made an appearance on MASH. Ironically, he was diagnosed with Leukemia (I think) on that episode.

I remember those episodes. MASH is my all time favorite show. I still watch the reruns on a regular basis.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson is hitting 7th.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.