2020 NL Wild Card Game 3 – Fri, Oct. 2 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 NL Wild Card Game 3 – Fri, Oct. 2 at Padres

Viewing 20 posts - 176 through 195 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The lineup lacks excitement, that’s for sure. Three ꓘs to end it. Why even come to the plate? Just mail it in.

Agreed. I do think this season’s crunch made the offense look worse than it was (I think it would have been around 16th-20th in runs in a “normal” season), but having so many streaky hitters (Carp, Dejong, Bader, Miller, O’Neill) to depend on is going to leave you prone to being shut down, especially when your more consistent hitters are more the singles hitting variety (Wong, Edman, Yadi, Goldy a slight exception).

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think we all know that deep down, this team was demoralized and defeated from the moment that Pugs made his call against them. He could have teased and tortured his prediction and given our boys confidence but when the locked in guarantee comes from Pugs, the team knows it’s toast.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Muddy Gap. You are talking my neck of the woods, boys. I grew up in Casper, WY.

Tough way to end it. Won game one and had a four run lead in game two, and could not close the deal. But you got to hand it to that young Padres club. They did not fold. They came storming back, and were the better club all year and in this series.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I dont know how the FO can look at this offense and think this is acceptable.

Participant

Free

BlackHills:

They dont care if it’s acceptable. They only care if it’s affordable.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks for the Pugs plug, Stlcard25! As earlier stated, I would obviously have gladly been wrong on this prediction. One of these years I’m going to miss on one of my Super Picks ….it honestly could happen. We Cardinal fans have much to be enthused for. The cubbies are on a definite downward spiral and with the likes of Carlson & Co. in the fold for years to come, we will be playing a lot of October baseball.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I am a bit surprised that the bats didn’t do much tonight but oh well it was an odd year. Considering everything this team had to go through I think it is a nice accomplishment that they even made it this far.

It is always sad to see the season come to an end but I think brighter days are ahead. We still have too many bad contracts on the books but only for one more year. Maybe Mo can pull a surprise or two this winter to help us out plus we have some promising prospects on the way.

We should be in the thick of things in the NLC for years to come.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Avatargscottar.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh and I hope the Dodgers crush the Padres. I think they will.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Last night the hitting was more than good enough, tonight the pitching was good enough. Just one of those years neither seemed to click on the same day. Pick up a bat or two and next year could be fun.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

And technically, the Cubs were eliminated before us so we have that going for us.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Besides the game action, I think I far from stand alone in saying that I will terribly miss reading of all you guys’ game day din-din concoctions. Next season cannot get here quick enough. Bon appetit.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It wouldn’t hurt my feelings if they lose the BFIB tag, but the sentiment is real.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Participant

Free

Tough way to go out. Flaherty comes through, but our bats do not. Hopefully we can pick up a big bat or two somehow over the winter.

Its been fun talking baseball and din-din with all of you. Like Pugs said, next year can’t get here soon enough.

Go Cards.

Participant

Paid - Annual

bicyclemike:

Most likely the Dodger series would have been a lot like last year’s Nationals series,

Well, there’s that to be glad about. The series with the Nats last season was the worst a Cardinal fan should have to endure.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If you are a fan of the Cardinals Tom Hart-Rick Sutcliffe-Jessica Mendoza-Perdo Gomez were unbearable to listen to!!! I had to get that out. Sudcliffe is a long-time Card hater and that Jessica Mendoza is like listening to fingernails on a blackboard. They truly pissed me off.

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

Lotta work needed to overhaul this line up.

Can we get rid of Fowler and Carpenter or are they back next season? Those 2 are death to the offense.

The outfield can’t hit a lick either.

Molina can’t have much left in the tank.

Pitching should be ok but as fragile as the arms are I don’t feel comfortable trading any of it away. 1/2 the staff ends up hurt at one point or another.

Participant

Free

Yadi was one of the few in the lineup who actually earned his millions this year.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 20 posts - 176 through 195 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years