2020 NL Wild Card Game 3 – Fri, Oct. 2 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 NL Wild Card Game 3 – Fri, Oct. 2 at Padres

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

What they did before makes no difference. Every day is a new opportunity. Gotta get it done tonight, not in the past.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our manager scrambled all season with whom he had available daily, who he was supposed to audition and who he needed to rest to meet a grueling schedule. Now coming off two days rest, in what turns out to be a three game road series, in three days, he has been decisive on who his best lineup and defense is.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Could there be anything better if the Cardinals advance on the day that the Cubs are eliminated? I guess the only thing better would be if were the team to eliminate them but who cares, they are done!

Participant

Paid - Annual

I just want to be wrong (had the Pads to win in 3). I’ve been begging all day for the baseball Gods to grant me that one simple wish. I request this with the associating peril that accompanies it…….that if this wish is indeed received in full, that I just become transformed into your basic ham & egger prognosticator. Go Birds!

What’s on tap for din-din? Popeyes chicken. Two white breasts, rice & beans, 3 apple cinnamon apple pies and some Snapple apple juice to wash her all down.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

For lunch today it was a ribeye steak in the Air Fryer, some Italian green beans, some sliced potatoes in beef gravy, a Pepsi, and a Almond Joy and Klondike bar.

For my late night snack tonight after the game it will be a tuna salad sandwich, some chili, a piece of banana cream pie, and a cigar while I watch Barnaby Jones.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who has to run because Whitey Herdog is barking at something……

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

For lunch earlier I put together a sandwich of turkey pastrami, lettuce, tomatoes (from the garden), sharp cheddar rolled up in a chile wrap. A little Italian dressing and mustard in there, with chips on the side and a big glass of water.

Not sure what is on tap for tonight. The wifey and I sometimes hit a local brew pub for a beer and food truck din-din on Fridays. But she had to go in to her office today, so we will likely kick back at home and heat up some of that delicious beef stew she made earlier in the week.

Man I hope this Cardinal club can close the deal. Everything favors us with the pitching match-up, which is scary. Baseball has a way of humbling you when you think you have it all going your way.

Participant

Free

Because of the Latinos and Latinas in San Diego, ESPN3 has a Spanish language broadcast that I can watch for free (so I don’t have to use my European sources that I’ve gleaned over the years for snooker, which are semi-toxic frankly.)

ESPN3 Broadcasts

Participant

Free

Excited for this one. I hope hoping for a Rosenthal miracle last night.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty needs the home strike zone that the Padres pitcher got in the first. We will see, though the Padres have appeared to get the wider zone most games this series. Flaherty got a strike a little low there.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack is nibbling with his heater. He’s not far off.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack gets through the first with nothing but the walk to Tatis on the ledger.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

hitting Yadi’s glove location well

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dylan with a base knock to start up the 2nd. It’s a start.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson tags from 1st to 2nd. What a heads up play.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

taking nothing for granted Carlson tags up and tests the throw…. which turns out to be errant, allowing him to advance

Participant

Free

Lefty Hill in for Carp with two outs.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards can’t take advantage of the mistake by the Padres CF and no run scores that inning. 0-0 halfway through 2.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards unable to capitalize on Padre miscue. Could have used a hit from DeJong or Carp there.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack hits within about an inch of the same spot twice in a row…one strike, one ball. Didn’t matter as he Ks Pham.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ok Jack, settle down here. Single by Moreland, and a walk to Myers. Jack got squeezed there again. Notice the Padres have had none of that this series.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Padres are spitting on everything not right in the zone. They get to do that since the ump has such a tight zone. Guess Jack figured he had to throw right down the middle. Ks Nola.

Participant

Free

DeJong muffed that

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The 50 mph exit velocity squibber loads the bases. Gotta get this one.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Flaherty pitching in stress and throwing a lot of pitches early. This does not bode well for the Cardinals, although the Padres already made a pitching change so we will see.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years