2020 NL Wild Card Game 3 – Fri, Oct. 2 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 NL Wild Card Game 3 – Fri, Oct. 2 at Padres

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Don’t see a 4-2-6 every day! Now let’s score three runs. Gotta believe!

Participant

Free

Edman is better as a utility player. He’s not quite all there in the head, instinct-wise. I don’t want to write off 2021 too. But ownership is not going to spend this winter.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I personally would like to see wong go on a trade. He makes too many bad mistakes at the wrong times. He does the hard part usually, it’s the throws where he fails.plus I think he would get more back.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not to belabor the 3B bullet point, but DeJong was a catcher who has seen 100mph from 60′, and is accustomed to reacting with his hands.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Back to the more typical Cardinal team that cannot generate offense, and is not real sharp on defense.

Most likely the Dodger series would have been a lot like last year’s Nationals series, where we would be shutdown most every game. But of course you never know.

Warm up that stove.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

or flip Edman and DeJong. DeJong handles bullets better at 3B

Dejong’s bat isn’t good enough to be a 3B on a high level team. Neither is Edman’s, but Tommy’s speed should make him a useful SS. One of the prospects has to take over 3B eventually.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well it just may be time to start looking toward spring.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

ESPN announcer gonna have to change his pants between innings after Tatis makes a play that should have been made about 80% of the time by a guy with his speed.

Participant

Free

Well, hold them here, and then hope that Rosenthal is more tired than he lets on. Pride goeth before a grand slam.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

DeJong looked like he was really going to be a player early on last year, or was it 2018? Then he faded the second half and looked gassed. He does not seem to have a lot of stamina, but then he went through the COVID thing this year.

Not sure what to think of him. I would hate to see Wong moved as his defense and speed are very valuable. Seems like we would have a big drop off if we had Schrock there.

Maybe Sosa makes a case for a job as a middle infielder next Spring.

Participant

Paid - Annual

That might have been a triple play if Edman catches the ball and comes down on the base, throws the ball cleanly to Molina, and Molina throws the ball to first base to get the runner.

I hate to say it, but Edman seems to make terrible errors regularly, especially when the pressure is on.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wong and Martínez both need to be traded to free up payroll for Arenado or Lindor.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well mudville, I like your thinking

Participant

Free

Mudville have you ever been to Muddy Gap, WY? Our daughters just drove through.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Cardinals can manage 8 walks in the top of the ninth, they can tie this game, 9 walks and It’s a Winner. Let’s go Cards.

I don’t remember ever seeing a Cardinals team with such a weak offense.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well mudville, I remember it was last year vs the nationals

Participant

Free

I think DeJong wore down each of the last 2 years from playing as much as he did. In the last 42 games the Cardinals played after DeJong came back from COVID, he started and played the full game in 40 of them. This included starting both games of 7 double headers.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s been very enjoyable sharing these game threads with ya’ll this season, thanks.

Participant

Paid - Annual

3 called strikeouts, what a way to end the season

Participant

Paid - Annual

Three hitters take three called third strikes. Yikes!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Muddy Gap?! I wonder if they have any fall color tours up there. Probably not. I think you have to go to the Northeast to see the best fall color (i.e. autumn leaves). Regardless, I Muddy Gap is going on my bucket list.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, too much to overcome this season for this team. They battled and gave it a good try, but ultimately were beaten by a better team and the offense crashing back to reality at the worst possible time.

That said, I wasn’t impressed by Shildt in this series. He was too active with the pitching staff and not active enough with the bats. I’m thinking next year is his last chance to impress me enough with his handling of a medium good team. If he can’t perform better under pressure, I might move on from him before our young core of Carlson and Gorman arrive fully and the FO could spend money to put together a true winner. I don’t want him punting away World Series like we had happen with Matheny. Shildt is only a small step up from MM so far.

Also, I might add, in the words of the immortal Ron Burgundy, “Go F yourselves, San Diego.” Hope the Dodgers sweep them.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep it’s been fun. We made the playoffs so by our front office standards we did fine. But there is always next year.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The lineup lacks excitement, that’s for sure. Three ꓘs to end it. Why even come to the plate? Just mail it in.

Participant

Free

If the Cardinals can manage 8 walks in the top of the ninth, they can tie this game, 9 walks and It’s a Winner.

I thought you were joking at the time, but that seems to have been their strategy.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years