2020 Championship Series

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Championship Series

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

AL: Rays vs. Astros
    NL: Dodgers vs. Braves

Who you got?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I expect the Rays and Dodgers to win. I don’t care too much who wins the NLCS but I’m definitely rooting for the Rays in the ALCS.

bccran
    Participant

Rooting for RA.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think we might see a Dodgers vs Astros WS, which will be a steel cage death match. No love lost between those two.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Call me a Astros hater, sooner they lose the better. TBR vs LAD world series, I’d root for the Rays.

ATL doesn’t have the depth of SP’s to hang with the LAD. The deeper that series goes the more I like the LAD depth of pitching. Looking forward to watching this matchup.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You regulars know my track record with these sort of things. You’ve been blessed with 14 years now with $ picks. Up this point, I am only aware of two of you who have been cashing in on them with regularity. Hopefully there are more. You guys know that I think the world of all of you………..but I’m thinking your freebies may have been exhausted.

bccran
    Participant

Arozarena and Ozuna are exciting to watch. How can we get some exciting players like those two?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Both flash in the pans, Cranny.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

Song of lament. Two obvious bat you wanted to keep in your lineup.

bccran
    Participant

OF of Ozuna-Carlson-Arozarena.
    Yes siree.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Tonight’s pitchers will be Framber Valdez for Houston and Blake Snell for the Rays.

bccran
    Participant

Valdez 1.12 WHIP
    Snell 1.20 WHIP

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

While a Dodgers-Astros WS would be entertaining because of the recent history between the two a Dodgers-Rays WS would be entertaining also since the Rays are Friedman’s former team.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A preview from ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30087806/ranking-final-four-teams-mlb-championship-series-begin

The Andrew Friedman playoffs
    One final note. These front offices are all very familiar with each other in some fashion. Friedman, the Dodgers’ president of baseball operations, was the Rays’ general manager from 2006 through 2014. Current Rays GM Erik Neander worked under Friedman before becoming GM for the 2017 season. Astros first-year GM James Click came over from the Rays, where he worked under both Friedman and Neander. Braves GM Alex Anthopoulos was the Blue Jays’ GM from 2010 through 2015 but then worked under Friedman with the Dodgers for two seasons before going to Atlanta. So if you miss bunting, blame Andrew Friedman.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arozarena with the HR for the Rays in their 2-1 win over the Astros. Nicely done.

bccran
    Participant

Sickening.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I wish Randy continued success.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Today’s matchups:

Charlie Morton for the Rays vs. Lance McCullers for the Astros
    Walker Buehler for the Dodgers vs. Max Fried for the Braves (corrected)

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A nice article on Randy Arozarena.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30096671/where-mlb-breakout-postseason-star-randy-arozarena-came-from

Btw, Arozarena is now the #42 prospect on the Fangraphs list. He’s just a touch behind Dylan Carlson, who is #33.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Interesting to note that Randy was added to their top 100 AFTER he had success in the majors. That is my kinda’ prospect picking – from the rearview mirror! I bet in a few years, they’ll be bragging about how they identified him early. 😉

To the point about analytics made on another thread. Fangraphs is known as the best in the game in the area of analytics, so why didn’t they see what Voit and Arozarena would be? The obvious answer is that there are no absolutes.

P.S. Prior to the season, Randy was ranked no. 7 by Fangraphs – in the Rays system. The year before, he was no. 19 in the Cardinals system. Outfielders ahead of him were Carlson, Torres, Adolis Garcia, Capel, Ynfante, Thomas and Williams.

That is right – heading into the 2019 season, Arozarena was the no. 8 outfield prospect in the system, according to FG. Also note that by then, Bader and O’Neill had graduated and Mercado had been traded, or they probably would have been ahead of him, too.

bccran
    Participant

Eyes on he was the best young outfielder in the system. If fans could see it, why couldn’t Mo? Or did the cell phone video cause his demise here?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Your eyes are just superior to scouts and front office personnel across the game. That has to be it.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Back to today’s game, Manny Margot slammed a three-run home run, then made a spectacular catch, falling over a railing into a concrete walkway and holding on to the baseball. How did the Padres let him go? 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.