2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

This topic contains 736 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 601 through 625 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    UncleDenny
    Participant

Paid - Annual

FWIW Derian Gonzales appears to have been removed from 40 man

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Bowman and Greene were kept over Gonzalez I am scratching my head.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I’m not sure where you got that DJ. Derian Gonzalez is still listed on the Cardinals 40-man roster on their website. The only players removed have been Francisco Pena and Greg Garcia.

PadsFS
    Participant

Free

Sorry all, I had a rather long meeting today ~ 6 hours!

Anyway, I am closing the vote:

#61 – Nick Dunn, 2B
    #62 – Zach Jackson, CA
    #63 – Juan Yepez, 1B
    #64 – Justin Toerner, OF
    #65 – Julio Puello, RHP

Voting is open for #66-70. We will finish up at #75!

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

61. Robertson
    62. Ad. Cruz
    63. Myers
    64.Ra. Mendoza
    65. O’Reilly

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow….6 hours worth! If you haven’t seen Alec Baldwin’s epic performance in the hit movie “Glengarry Glen Ross”, do yourself a favor and put it on your bucket list. Anyway, that’s the distinct vision I get of Pads….giving his work crew 6 full hours of that treatment and closing with the words “I’d wish you good luck……but you gentlemen wouldn’t know what to do with it if you got it”.

For our second to last round of 2018 I’ll tab:

66. Ascanio

67. Shew

68. Soler

69. Pereira

70. Nogowski

Gracias senor Pads

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I just want to say how enjoyable this year’s thread has been. Outstanding participation, great diversity of opinion, everyone respectful of others opinions.

Great job by Pads and everyone!

Wiley
    Participant

Free

66. Jesus Cruz
    67. Zach Prendergast
    68. Andrew Morales – He’ll make his major league debut in 2019, so he must be a prospect.
    69. Irving Lopez – I had at least 7 infielders ahead of Nick Dunn, starting with Irving, which shows how varied our opinions are. CC named 3 more. Was Lopez or Edwin Figuera at 69 and I really and truly believe Edwin doesn’t get the love he deserves.
    70. Wadye Ynfante – How did he go from top prospect to a nobody from one bad season when Delvin Perez seems to get a free pass for being a steroid user and bust? Can Wadye not hit a breaking pitch or something. Someone please enlighten me on why we’ve all given up on him??? I’m as guilty as anyone.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Avatar Wiley.
    Wiley
    Participant

Free

Pugsley Adams, wasn’t Carlos Soler already selected at 59?

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

66) CSoto

67) NOgowski

68) Pendergrast

69) R MEndoza

70) Ynfante

Wiley
    Participant

Free

I agree CC, its’ been a lot of fun. So much so that I’d go to 100 to get all the people I ranked and that’s just because I think there’s that much potential in our system. Mostly the DSL players like Jose Godoy whose solid and a backup prospect, but also players like Adanson Cruz, Freddy (I led the entire DSL in doubles by a big margin) De Jesus, Franklin Soto, Ramon Mendoza, Freddy Pacheco, Hector Soto, Jose Moreno, Carlos Soto, Jean Selmo, Diomedes Del Rio, Emmanuel Solano & Diego Cordero to name many.

What about North American guys like Perry DellaValle and Connor Coward; Brandon Riley, Kevin Woodall, Wood Myers, Matt Pearce, Donivan Williams & Terry Fuller; Mike O’Reilly and Bryan Dobzanski. There’s potential there in them and more. People mature at different levels.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

66. Kramer Robertson SS
    67.Jacob Patterson LHP
    68.Anthony Shew RP
    69.Zack Kirtley 2B
    70.Wood Myers INF

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

66. Carlos Soto
    67. A. Cruz DSL
    68. Denton
    69. Cordero
    70. Fuller

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Wiley! When in doubt I usually sneak a peek at one of VegasJim’s picks…… I’ll tab Fuller where I had Soler, Pads.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

66. Zach Pendergast
    67. Stanley Espinal
    68. Austin Warner
    69. Jose Godoy
    70. Jake Dahlberg

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

66) Ramon Mendoza

67) Carlos Soto

68) John Nogowski

69) Adanson Cruz

70) Kramer Robertson

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Hey BlackHillsCard, you and I seem to agree a lot on our picks. You must be a very astute judge of talent. LOL. just so you know, Jake Dahlberg was already selected at # 54. Keep up the great work though.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Damn it, Wiley. I was taking pride in the fact I hadn’t picked anyone that was already off the board.

Alright, let’s try this again:

66. Zach Pendergast
    67. Stanley Espinal
    68. Austin Warner
    69. Jose Godoy
    70. Diego Cordero

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

66. Dobzanski
    67. Carlos Soto
    68. Robertson
    69. Shew
    70. Denton

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

66. Jean Selmo – It’s hard to argue personal preference as far as DSL outfielders. I think Selmo has a great swing with a big arm and lots of potential. It’s a pretty exciting DSL outfield. Just wonder how much of all of their stats was due to a down turn in pitching talent in the DSL this year that some people were talking about. Either way I think he has as much potential as any of the DSL hitters.

67. Wadye Ynfante – Had him a little higher on my list but frankly the power hasn’t developed like most thought. Still a lot of potential but a rough year with the bat brought some of the excitement of last year back to earth.

68. Carlos Soto – Another exciting catching prospect. Gonna be tough to get playing time for all of them with great/good prospects at every level and HOF’er holding down the next few years at the top of the food chain.

69. Bryce Denton – Really fell down the prospect board. Lost his first year in Peoria with a poorly timed bout of appendicitis. Seemed to really effect him that year. Has started to come on at the end of every year. Still has time to show that hitting prowess that had the Cards pull him away from Vandy. Kind of feels like a make or break year for him in PB.

70. Brady Whalen – I think this guy could really break out with the bat this year. I think he’ll end up in Peoria and really start to put it all together. 14% BB and 20% strikeout with a surprisingly low BABIP .250. Still had an OBP around .350 with a low average. Got better throughout the year at SC. It just seemed like something was starting to click. Here’s hoping for a big rise up the rankings for the big guy.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not to pick on BlackHills here, but just a friendly reminder to all…..let’s keep our eye on the ball, gang! Selecting a player who has already been tabbed is something one might find with great frequency on a cubbies bored….not on a Cardinals board! May I suggest keeping a large grease board in the living room right next to the tv with all of our picks staring you right in the face, so to avoid a recurrence. Thank you. Go Cards!

Bob Cobb
    Bob Cobb
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#66 – Anthony Shew, rhp

#67 – Austin Warner, lhp

#68 -Kramer Robertson, ss

#69 – Bryce Denton, of

#70 – John Nogowski, 1b

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

66) Jesus Cruz
    67) Andrew Warner
    68) Jacob Schlesener
    69) GCL closer Escobar
    70) Espinal

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

66 Denton
    67 J Cruz
    68 Dobzanski
    69 Robertson
    70 Soto

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No. 66 Andrew Warner

No. 67 Nogowski

No. 68 Shew

No. 69 Prendergast

No. 70 Espinal

Viewing 25 posts - 601 through 625 (of 737 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years