2018 Game #9 – vs. D-backs – Sun 4/8 – Lovullo-Molina altercation

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Game #9 – vs. D-backs – Sun 4/8 – Lovullo-Molina altercation

Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

I figured Yadi would get 1 game, but there is NO way he should have got the same as the D-backs coach period and with the Ump pretty much sticking up for Yadi figured he would still get one game but dbags coach deserved 4-5 period!

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Luvullo instigated but Yadi made a physicaly aggressive act. I dont think Yadi should definitely get less.

Participant

Free

If Lovulo had stayed put, none of that would have happened. He was clearly the trigger of the whole unnecessary mess.

Participant

Free

And they should have suspended the ump for making terrible calls all night.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A rather timely reminder about (lack of) sportsmanship. Others see what is happening.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Luvullo instigated but Yadi made a physicaly aggressive act. I dont think Yadi should definitely get less.

Uh, after the game the umpire defended Yadi by saying he understood why Yadi reacted the way he did. I don’t remember him defending Luvullo. If Yadi’s physically aggressive act was so egregious then why wasn’t he ejected?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

My guess is that MLB is trying to be consistent about punishment when a player touches/shoves an ump.

Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years