2018 Game #9 – vs. D-backs – Sun 4/8 – Lovullo-Molina altercation

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Game #9 – vs. D-backs – Sun 4/8 – Lovullo-Molina altercation

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Oh lookie! Matt Bowman!

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

it was a pretty good uppercut.
    Fine him!

Participant

Free

In this case I love being proved wrong.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha! It was a decent uppercut, jj-cf-stl! Maybe that ump’s calling is for boxing and not umping?

Participant

Free

Bowman playing with fire inside the last 2 batters. I may be behind due to streaming.

Participant

Who else but Bowman.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ah! Ahmed with a wounded quail just out of reach of Wong and there goes Weaver’s “W”! Well let’s just win this blasted game now…..;for Yadi…..and of course Mudville.

Participant

Free

Some bad luck with the flare but Martinez drop on the pick off costs us a run.

Participant

Free

MM’s love of Bowman is starting to get out of hand and there goes lead to.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Oooops! I think Martinez just said the “F” word too on his groundout to 1st. Hope this doesn’t get contagious and everyone starts dropping “F” bombs.

Participant

Paid - Annual

We’ll know it’s getting terribly out of hand if the PA guy starts using the “F” word.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Though I have noted DeJong’s strikeouts, this last called strike three looked a fair distance outside.

Participant

Free

Lifeless!

Be a shame to lose this one with the mid week debacle already on the record.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Speaking of inappropriate language, there is a new Shannonism that was written about at the Post-Dispatch. Not suitable for work! For those who care, here are the details. If you might be offended, do not click on the second link, which is the actual audio.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/cardinals-broadcaster-mike-shannon-commits-another-classic-on-air-oopsie/article_5188f296-cc99-56f9-8e25-2d8a1b3c1562.html

Participant

Free

The umpire apparently didn’t think Yadi’s bump was toss-worthy so why fine him?

Participant

Paid - Annual

2-Run Peralta jolt and we find ourselves down by a deuce.

Participant

Mr. Leone not sharp. 3-1 Arizona

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

CIF, that would seem to make the most sense, but there are times New York overrules on-field decisions. They will gather testimony from all involved, I imagine.

P.S. If Molina gets off with a fine rather than a suspension, I think Cards fans should be happy. Fines and suspensions always get assessed after the fact and do not have to be associated with ejections.

Participant

Mayers coming in.

Participant

Free

I’m just gonna ask, why so quick to pull Weaver. He was cruising along and gave up a base runner. Let him see if he can work through it again like earlier in the game. I am really hating this new way of going to the pen as soon as a runner reaches after the 5th inning. It’s weak baseball.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

dang, we were tied after 8 so I go out to feed the geese and come back we’re down two. WTH guys?!?!

Is this the same pen that didn’t need a closer signed all winter?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Leone has done nothing to impress me thus far in a Cardinal uni. Speaking of foul language, Leone had me thinking of a few on his home run giveaway night here at Miller Park earlier this week.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

err-uh, after 7

Participant

4-1. Bullpen not good.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t mind the weaver hook. 6 and-a-third, 97 pitches, BB, two lefties due up, MM goes to lyons.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years