2018 Reg Seas Game #58 – vs. Marlins – Tue 6/5

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #58 – vs. Marlins – Tue 6/5

Viewing 13 posts - 101 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

For the record, Miami wins 7-4. St. Louis falls to 32-27.

Participant

Free

I didn’t expect too much from this start from Martinez.

The errors are well due to players out of position. Munuz is nothing special at SS and Carpenter while been solid at 3rd should be playing 1st and Martinez shouldn’t be playing anywhere but DH or LF at worst. Too bad Ozuna is heating up a bit.

Let’s get the next 2. All is not lost!

Participant

Free

Sheriff Tommy John eh?

Participant

Paid - Annual

O`Neill will be fine Rat.He is a streaky hitter.He has done okay for his first smart samples in the big leagues.Seems to me some see nothing but negatives about some players instead of trying to see the big picture.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Nice to see Tommy Pham throwing other people under the buss instead of just taking the blame for being picked-off.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just a bad loss. As I feared, Ureña got the monkey off his back at our expense. Not a good start to the part of the schedule where the Cards HAD to make up ground on the Brewers and Cubs.

Still…it happens. The Marlins don’t have a .000 win pct. We’ll still take 2/3. Go Cards!

Participant

Free

Getting tired of Pham’s attitude that nothing is ever his fault it is always somebody else’s I think the Cards should try to trade him personally as his attitude just blows.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Trade “Me first” Pham and his overrated self anywhere.Get his butt out of town.Some fool team will take a chance with him.Tade him now.Cards have several young OFs who can be part of the fututre.Not a arrogant loudmouth career minor leaguer who has had a PARTIAL good season in the big leagues.Get rid of his attitude .Send him anywhere while he has some value.

Participant

Paid - Annual

It is disappointing that Pham didn’t take responsibility for his mistake but it seems to be reactionary to want to trade him for it. The trade him talk wouldn’t be happening if he wasn’t in a hitting slump. To me he seems more comfortable hitting second instead of third.

By the way Pham is a prime example of why I don’t like signing players to a long term extension every time they have a good month and I wish the Cardinals would stop it. Make the pre-arb and arb players earn it!

Participant

I wanted to trade him after last year when his value was high. He needs to keep his mouth shut and play.

Participant

Count me in with the trade Pham crowd. He has a chip on his shoulder that is not going away. He is not a team guy at all. Trade him for a top prospect from another organization, just get rid of him soon.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The Pham trade talk from me is always going to happen no matter how he is playing.Cards have OF depth in the system and Pham has a long injury/eye issue history and is also 30 years old and why not trade from a position of depth to try and upgrade another spot? I would love to see Fowler traded but since he has a NTC AND a huge salary that makes it harder to deal him.So the logical choice is Pham.I dont see Pham offering anything that cant be replaced by Bader IMHO.Cards can trade Pham and his attitude ASAP .He can`t be traded soon enough to suit me.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d ship him out via trade in a NY minute except for one problem. Who would want him? If he were 6 years younger we would be looking at some true value here. That’s not to say he is worthless. There are just too many red flags waving around him. This slump he’s experiencing now should be ending soon, so why trade him if we cannot get anything decent in return? However, if his personality is negatively effecting the team then you have no choice….get whatever you can for him.

Viewing 13 posts - 101 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years