2018 Reg Seas Game #58 – vs. Marlins – Tue 6/5

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #58 – vs. Marlins – Tue 6/5

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lyons toeing the rubber for St. Louis in the 7th. Bour, in a rather bouring at bat, flies out to Fowler in right to lead off the frame. Anderson grounds out to Carpenter at 3rd, but that arm of Carpenter just does not look sturdy….looks much better suited for 2nd base than 3rd. Rojas….any relation to Cookie? Walks. Oh oh….up strides Babe Riddle to the plate….lookie there….almost looked as if J. T. pointed out towards the center field bleachers. Riddle Whiffs to end the Inning! 7th inning stretch time…..still 7-4 Miami.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Has Pham the ball any place but SS tonight? Seems to be trying to pull everything.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

On the positive side tonight

Ozuna looks better at the plate.
    Fowler looks to be slowly coming around
    Carp Obviously

Those three getting going could make a lot of bullpen deficiencies look a little less glaring

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hah, Pugs. I thought of Cookie Rojas even before I read your post. As a 13 y/o, I remember watching Cookie Rojas hit a HR in the 72 ASG.

Trivia Question: Cookie was part of two extremely noteworthy trades by the Cards. One trade led to perhaps the most revolutionary change in MLB during our lifetimes and the other was one of the worst we ever made. Anybody care to chime in?

Participant

Paid - Annual

And now Carp’s arm costs us big time as his throw takes Martinez off the bag…but then again an aggressive mosquito could do that to the young Cards 1st baseman. 1st & 3rd no outs.b

Participant

Paid - Annual

Duck Allen deal, Euro?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Dick

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another poor play in the field. JMart have CArp that error he could have stayed on the bag.

Ugly ugly

Day off didn’t help the focus. They should go check the coat check of that masquerade karaoke party they did the other night for their brains.

Too many dumb little mistakes tonight

Oquendo and the crew need to get at em on their focus and the details.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wasn’t being naughty there….meant Dick Allen.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Tui can’t get anyone out, save one s/o w/runners on the corners. J-Mart coming off the bag at 1st didn’t help. Carp’s throw to 1st just ugly, talk about an arc on that ball. Our team is playing poorly and just getting flat out beat. Kudos to the Marlins for a good game plan.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Dick Allen was part of the trade. It was the trade that Flood refuse to report.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not cheating by looking, Euro. Could he have been in the Flood deal too….no…Rojas was never a Phillie. I see Cookie in a Cards, Royals and maybe Pirates uni, but that’s it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cookie and little but good…Freddie Patek were quite the duo.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good call Colhusker! I think you’re right on the Flood refusal.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Not one but two 7 pitch innings for their pen. I know the game has changed but god I hate the free swing new bat angle game at this point in a game.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep, it was the Allen, McCarver, Flood deal that Rojas was part of it. It ultimately led to the end of the reserve clause and the free agency era.

The other trade was a year later when we sent a struggling Rojas to the Royals for a minor leaguer. We kept our guy one year and he never made it to the bigs. Cookie, on the other hand, played most of the the decade of the 70s as a very good infielder for KC, to include 4 all star game appearances.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha ha!!! Rub it in C olhusker! Thanks for that though….I didn’t think Cookie was a Phillie. “Dough” might have been a good nickname for Cookie, especially if he had been the recipient of a huge contract.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Another error on a little league play

Participant

Free

For the love of God can we find someone that can catch the ball at first base, oh and keep his darn foot on the bag as well? I don’t give a damn how good his bat may be, he is flat killing this team in the field. Ten year olds play the position better.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ok that’s enough….I absolutely love the guy, but can we call the Jose at 1st base experiment a wrap and have someone else mann the position?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Whew! Thank God Jose gave way to Wong on that popup or Brebbia would still be out there.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

You don’t often see a guy drop the ball like Martinez just did. I had to chuckle early in the game when they announcers were talking about how dirty the 1B bag was due to Martinez. They said it was because he often steps on top of the bag, while most other 1Bmen touch the side of the bag. Didn’t we all learn that in our pre-teen years.

Martinez is not learning…he continues to be a disaster in the field. It gotten to the point of embarrassment with him.
    They are going to have work something out there or it is simply negligence by our management.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Great post, Euro. That pretty well sums it up.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Two big differences tonight were
    1. To many little league plays by the team in red
    2. Marlin’s bullpen pitched well our Cards was a dumpster fire again tonight. Front office just doesn’t get it when it comes to the pen.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years