2018 Reg Seas Game #53 – at Brewers – Wed 5/30

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #53 – at Brewers – Wed 5/30

This topic contains 120 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Avatar thejager 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pena striking out like the others…then OZuna getting on, Car p getting destroyed but getting Ozuna over…then an infield hit by gYorko to get Ozuna over to3b and him to 1b

Hader saved the game for them by making that an infield single…that would have scored Ozuna up the middle..luck on their side

now Knebel in…who has struggled a bit lately

let’s go JMArt!

all we need is a single…extend this game…they have used all their good relievers at this point…

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Martinez no match for Knebel. Bullpen and the Cards lose a tough one.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The strategy of forcing Knebel to throw strikes failed as he pulled him to sleep and then blew a fastball by him.

Cards fail, 3-2.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Had to bow out to help with the wifey with something and got back to watch JMart strikeout and lose the game.

A tweet from Mark Saxon reminds me of my past comments regarding O’Neil being Grickuk 2.0

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

bah…worked it full couldnt get the only fastball in zone…

tough one…

loss is no good but it was a tight game…each team blew the other out in one game and then a super tight game to finish it off…with the winner going to the home team …kinda how closely matched teams shoudl play in a series

i dont see much separation between these teams… Cardinals might have won this game with DeJong and Yadi…

BRewers shodul improve at starting pitcher via trade or Jimmy Nelson maybe…but i dont see how their offense gets that much better if not come down…same with their bullpen

Cardinals offense can get a lot better via players and trade market…starting pitching will come down a bit probably and pen should get better

Brewers and Cardinals and Cubs should have an exciting summer and fall…with all due respect to the Bucs

Go Cards!

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It took a few games for pitchers to figure out you shouldn’t throw a strike to O’Neill. Let’s hope O’Neill figures out soon that he shouldn’t swing at breaking balls bending 8 inches off the plate.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

also i wouldnt say JMart was NO match for Knebel…just Knebel figured it out at just the right time…those early pitches where he almost threw it away definitely diddnt seem planned…nor wise even if so with a man on 3b

Hader wont get credit but he deserves the save from knocking down Gyorko’s screamer up the middle…

Hicks can be our Hader…NOrris our Knebel… we just dont have anyoen stepping up to be our JEffress or Albers…lots of candidates no one stepping up…

maybe throw Reyes in there

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

First-place Milwaukee takes two of three over St. Louis. The Brewers win 3-2 to move five games ahead of the 29-24 Cardinals.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Cards drop to 5 games behind Milwaukee. Excuse me while I vomit.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The big difference between these two teams are the bullpens. Not even close.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Does anybody really believe that O’Neil belongs in the big leagues???

Randal Grichuk the 2nd.

r/Rat

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

ONeill is struggling.Everyone needs to remember Pham struck 71 times in 159 ABs in 2016.I still like the kid and think he needs to play regular.A spot start every now and then doesnt help.Judging O`Neill after 30 plus ABs is ignorant and very premature.Wonderboy Pham fanned 40 plus % in 2016 and has a CAREER K rate of 30 %.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O1Neill is struggling but his BA is still better than Phamboy for May.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

How many times did O’Neill strikeout in the minor leagues this year? I believe his strikeout rate was around 25%. That more than likely translates into about 33% or more in the big leagues. Unacceptable. If they strikeout too much in the minors its only going to get worse in the majors. They shouldn’t be in the big leagues until they get their strikeouts down in the minors.

As Chris Welsh, the Reds announcer, said a few weeks ago during the broadcast of a Reds game at Milwaukee…..”It used to be embarrassing to strikeout”……

r/Rat

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

How soon will we find out about Reyes’ season ending/career ending injury?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Clearly the differences were the bullpen and hitters striking out. We didn’t win either battle.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For anyone worried about Reyes, go to the ALex Reyes update forum. Pretty good explanation of what went wrong radar guns.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopefully that is all it was.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the darn radar gun was off, it’s too bad it wasn’t really off and registered Reyes’ fastball at 42mph….. but then MM probably has the team doc race out there with a stretcher. What great news though!! I thought for sure his shoulder was screwed up. Let us all have a toast this evening to the baseball Gods for Alex’s continued good health.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

i think the bullpen difference is the big difference too GScott… but i dont think it is as far off as it seems…they are all just really hot right now..and we are not…kind of the same as the offenses look
    Brewers came out swinging last year too…looked like a juggernaut…then they cooled a bit and the other teams (like us) warmed up a bit

Knebel, Jeffress, Hader is a nice back 3… ALbers is solid in his role IMO but the rest of them dont seem to me to be all that great for the long term

Norris, Hicks seem pretty solid for us…and if ONE of Holland or Gregerson can come back to form we are right there….add in a guy like R eyes in the pen…or Flaherty and his slider or maybe a 1inning wonder swan song and his super curve Wainwright and we are looking better…and that doesnt even consider Lyons coming back to form, BRebbia being solid, Tuivalal getting better, etc etc

Our bullpen (and offense) has a lot more growth potential this year than the BRewers and yet we still took them to the bottom of the 9th full count against their best bullpeners for a 3 game series loss

Viewing 21 posts - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years