2018 Reg Seas Game #53 – at Brewers – Wed 5/30

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #53 – at Brewers – Wed 5/30

This topic contains 120 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Avatar thejager 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:10 p.m. Alex Reyes (season debut) vs. RHP Junior Guerra (3-3, 2.98) Facebook ONLY

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Has Reyes starting this game been confirmed yet?

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think every news outlet including the Cardinals team page has said he’s starting so unless something happens between now and then he’s pitching this one.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Has anybody ever watched a Facebook game? Is the feed dependable? Does it slow down, stop, skip, etc?

r/Rat

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve watched the Cards ones. I haven’t had issues with the feed, but the announcing isn’t great.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

There is a whole separate thread on the Facebook games where you will find more feedback on the experience. In fact, you are the most recent poster on that thread, Rats. 😉

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I watched part of an earlier game this season through the Facebook feed, and hated it. Too much crap on the screen, lousy quality, etc. I just want to watch the game and not have all these comments and other stuff flying around.

Plus the worst thing was it kept timing out, and I would have to switch to another link to continue. There was something on the screen that would say to click in order to continue, but I did not see where you had to click as I was watching on television through my phone.

After awhile I could not deal with it, and switched to the KMOX radio broadcast through SiriusXM.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Where on FB can this be found? Will somebody post a link?

NJ315
    Participant

Fowler is back…ugh. Pham sits.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Facebook only is a stupid idea.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Next thing you know we’ll have to watch KPLR like the old days, and hope for a clear sky.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At least FB is a free service (at least you can sign up and cancel after the game if you want)

You can access it via your phone or computer and some TVs even

no excuse for missing the game today, even if you are at work you can throw it on your phone!

it’s dumb, but so what? let’s not act like baseball isnt a business

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Harrison Bader this year has put up average to slightly above offense and above average to elite defense. He’s at 1.0 bWAR and 0.8 fWAR which would extrapolate to 5ish-6 WAR guy over a full season of play. VEB has an article up that he should be the every day RF…at the very least.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MLBs moves lately aren’t fan friendly. I think I better go buy a rotor for my tv, in case they take all other games away. In this day of 3D tvs we have to watch a big game with Reyes debuting on Facebook? What Myspace didn’t pony up?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Avatar Cardinals27.
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

3b-Carpenter
    2b-Gyorko
    1b-Martinez
    LF-Ozuna
    CF-Bader
    RF-Fowler
    SS-Munoz
    C-Kelly
    P-Reyes

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wish Fowler wasn’t in the lineup, ugh. Maybe it’s time for Ozuna to park a couple.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m fairly sure that Facebook picked this game long before it was known that Reyes was making his season debut.

A middle of the day, get out of town game? Seems like easy money for MLB and not likely to be missed by too many. It just so happened that a lot more people got interested when they found out Reyes was pitching. I dunno if they keep “ratings” on these things but I bet this might be the season high viewing for this outlet.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fowler is going to play folks…maybe not all the time but he is going to get a shot to figure it out…we arent DFAing him and he isnt going to sit on the bench all the time…and who is going to acquire him? we need to get used to that instead of complaining every time he is in the lineup…he has to get playing time to get better

or we can keep complaining…i just dont see how it helps get him better enough to be valuable enough to trade or heaven forbid get better so he can be useful if not important for a playoff run

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

LF-Ozuna has been scratched.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

that’s not good

Ozuna ok?

NJ315
    Participant

Did he oversleep again?

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

jammed finger…guess it swelled up from last night

wasted a chance for arun there with Kelly striking out with 1 out and a man on 3rd

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Word is Ozuna was scratched due to a jammed finger he suffered while sliding back into second base last night.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With Ozuna-Pham and Fowler all in a funk…. that best OF in MLB ain’t looking too credible.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years