2018 Reg Seas Game #53 – at Brewers – Wed 5/30

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #53 – at Brewers – Wed 5/30

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I’ve been sick last couple of days. Forgive my incompetence today fellas.

Why doesn’t JMart get any time in the OF? This is something that’s bothered me lately as his defense continues to be awful at 1B.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Would have been nice to have hicks in a 2-1 game instead of a 6-1 game.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

and game is tied that fast Yellich just destroyed that ball

NJ315
    Participant

Lyons gives up to Yelich 2-2

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Welp the lead was nice while we had it. Lyons throws 1 pitch over the heart of the plate and Yellich deposits into the stands.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

lots of baseball left despite the announcers saying the game was probably over in the 5th for the BRewers when they scored…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep, I guess Yelich was looking for Lyons to set one on a tee for him with precise accuracy, center-cut alignment. What a bad pitch.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

There isn’t a single left handed reliever for the Cardinals I trust this year: Cecil, Lyons and Sherriff. Don’t. Trust. A. Single. One.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Once again, our side of a bullpen can’t hold up. I’d be in favor of sending every one of em to Memphis and bringing up the young guys there to be our bullpen. If they don’t have options…oh well. DFA for you.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Tuivailala is pitching himself into a shithole.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I should add that Norris and Hicks can stay. The rest can go.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

BHC, you’re not the only poster I’ve seen that would like Martinez in the OF some. Hovever, I remember last year him being a disaster there also.

Bullpen teams up to complete it’s job for the day…first guy turns a lead into a tie…and now second guy turns a tie into a deficit.

GACard
    Participant

Free

You just can’t win close games with this bullpen

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

of course ARcia (who shouldnt even be at this game) gives them the lead…

Cards down 2-3

had to score one more run anyways now we have to do it in 6 outs

Lyons and Tuivalala…no dessert for you tonight

Hader coming in… could be nasty for us…

BUT for all the hype on Reyes he didnt live up to it for the broadcast….maybe all the pregame and ingame hype for HAder will also lead to less than expected performance

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Bader vs Hader time

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

JMArt with the walk and two k’s by the kids…and Fowler with his 3rd hit keeping us with a shot

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I’m gonna bow out. This game appears over.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

ONeill Bader and Munoz all striking out the same way… Hader is definitely good

i almost would have considered a drag bunt with Bader in his AB or maybe Munoz…just to get Hader off his game

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Reyes at subpar is better than this bullpen. No way I pull him at 73 pitches.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

why give up on a game after doing 8 innings?

I woudlnt have bet anyone Fowler would have had 3 hits today ..yet he has them…

if you are already bummed about losing then actually watching it seems no worse than not watching it…yet it has the added benefit of potentially seeing a comeback win

but to each his/her own

Go Cards!

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

if there was any inkling of Reyes being hurt you have to pull him dont you CC?

I do think they may want to rethink him being in the pen though…it needs the help and it couldnt hurt

at this point we have more depth in the rotation than we do the pen…and Reyes stuff seems most appropriate for the pen

my word…TWO comebacks that hit off Tuivalala…even if the 2nd was a little on him that mound is tough to field off of

ick

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

CC, there is a report that Reyes was cut short today due to an injury concern.

Now Tui is making another mess. Damn this pen. What can Matheny do? He makes some bad choices, but the problems are way larger than he. He oughta kick Mo in the nuts.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tui doing his best to make sure this one is out of reach. This team just appears to be mentally out of it.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

pretty impressive pitching by Tuivalala there after the first two got on…a little help from Munoz too

nice job working out of it Tui!

now let’s get a run!

Go CArds!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards chase Hader, now get Knebel with runners on the corners and two outs in the 9th. Up to Martinez.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.