2018 Reg Seas Game #100 – at Reds – Mon 7/23

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #100 – at Reds – Mon 7/23

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And I’m not sure about the recent interest in JMart at 1B. So much for going with defense.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Wong to the DL.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Poncedeleon pitches well tonight I wonder if he wouldn’t start Saturday? And I am surprised that they listed MIkolas as the starter for Sunday? I/m surprised with his small pitch count Sunday he wouldn’t be ready for Fridays game. He’s the best we have right now.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If that is the plan (I haven’t seen the weekend starters listed by the team yet), they may be giving Mikolas a bit more rest. He has not been nearly as sharp his last two starts.

I looked up his career numbers and he has thrown 100 innings only twice. One was last year (188), when he more than doubled his workload from the season before. This year, he is currently at 124 and counting.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m happy to see Poncedeleon getting a shot.

His first out comes on Fowler and Pham nearly colliding in RCF.

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

Even if he pitches well,there’s no telling when Scilts will pull him. Look at what happen with Flaherty and Micholas. Our buillpen needs rest. Too much work in the Cubs series.

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

I’ve noticed in his last couple AB’s, Martinez is more in the box.Before his back heel would be on the line which I feel was leading him to swing and miss at a lot of outside pitches.

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

As the Cardinals play game 100,I am reminded of an old baseball saying.. The first 99 games is just for fun… Now it’s time to get serious. Actually that’s not an old baseball saying. I just thought of it.

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

Poncedeleon- Flaherty – Gombers – Gant- Reyes. That very well could be our opening day rotation for the 2019 season.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There is not much chance that those are our starters next year. Not that it’s a bad potential rotation, just that I can’t see them moving on from Cmart, Wacha, Mikolas and Weaver all at the same time.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Poncedeleon with a good start so far. The Cards have been stifled by Castillo, however. 0-0

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Give Fowler credit…he made a nice play on that ball.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Watching Poncedeleon, he was known for having a very good cutter? I haven’t seen it too much yet, it seems. Lots of fastballs and the change up when he’s at two strikes. You’d think the cutter would be good to go to for trying to get some Ks.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Marp is basically the only reason to watch this team right now, and enjoy it. He’s really a joy to watch hit the ball at this point.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

He’s got some late movement on his fast ball. He’s thrown no breaking balls that I’ve seen.

Carp with a leadoff double. This is where we need to score a couple runs.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards finally break through with a Yadi single. Yadi gets to 2nd on the throw.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

1-0 on the Molina single. Carp should’ve been thrown out easy but the throw was off line and Molina advances.

Then Dejong skies one to CF and Hamilton is damn near at the track and for some reason Molina’s not tagging up. Just a poor base running decision by Yadi. That’s the little things that can lose you ballgames.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, Yadi might have scored on Ozuna’s fly out. Not sure though. Jmart strikes out. Still 1-0.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Ponce at 90 pitches after 6.

Now lets see if this manager is smart than the last and gets a guy or two moving in the pen.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pham crushes one that Hamilton almost catches. Pham may have come off the bag, and the Reds challenge. Looks like he probably will be out. Gah, if the Cards didn’t have bad luck they’d have none.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Saying this feels like the classic “Cards miss multiple chances to extend the lead before the bullpen finally breaks and they lose 4-2” game feels redundant at this point.

I just do not trust this team to finish the game.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards up 1-0. Would probably be 3-0 with fundamental base running.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tyler Lyons is warming up. Guh. At least Hicks is as well, so they’re not totally punting this one.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think maybe this would be the last batter for Poncedeleon if he loses Suarez. He’s really battling.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Man, so many foul balls right now. Poncedeleon clearly has pretty good stuff and I like what he can bring to this team longer term.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.