2018 Reg Seas Game #100 – at Reds – Mon 7/23

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #100 – at Reds – Mon 7/23

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As cool a story as Ponce continuing this game would be…this has to be a pinch hitter and go to the Hicks-Norris train for the 8th and 9th…right?

NJ315
    Participant

Hopefully the bullpen won’t screw it up this time.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Unfortunately, the offense does not appear primed to add any insurance runs so it’ll have to be the bullpen to close it out. I’d love a boring 1-2-3 for both the 8th and 9th.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, there goes the team no no. Hicks better get out of this.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A couple of nice plays by Muñoz at 3B preserves the 1-0 lead. To the 9th we go!

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

I absolutely disagree with Schiltz decision. A chance like this doesn’t come often. Now not only do you not give him a chance at history but you ask our unreliable bullpen to hold a 1run lead for 2 innings, so he may not even get a chance at a win. As far as pitch count… well if Schiltz would have looked ahead at the schedule, he would have noticed we have an off day thursday which means Poncedeleon wouldn’t have to make another start until Tuesday.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s Norris time. Three outs to go…

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I have no problem with Shildt’s decision. Poncedeleon is throwing in his first MLB game and had thrown 116 pitches. The last inning alone he threw 26 pitches. It is time to win the game, not let a pitcher overthrow just to get a no-hitter.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The first at bat of the ninth taken by career light hitter-turned slugger Scooter Gennett, who faces off against career middling starter-turned good reliever Bud Norris.

Gennett smokes one just foul down the line in right. Whew!

Bud battles back to get him with the backwards K. One down!

NJ315
    Participant

He threw 116 pitches he probably needed at least 20 more to finish the game if everything went his way at 10 pitches per inning. He averaged 16.5 so he probably needed 33 more. So you would let him throw around 150 for a chance of history???

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In steps the mighty Joey Votto, known for his dead eye at the plate and for spraying no-no killing drives all over the park.

Bud is throwing his heater on the inside part of the plate, challenging Mr Patience to take a swing but he’s not biting. He finally takes a whack but they’re fouled off. Yadi comes to the mound to settle things down and perhaps to set the defense. Does he see something that we the fans don’t? It wouldn’t be the first time.

Joey slices one to left and Ozuna makes…dare I say a Gold Glove type of play out there? 2 down!!

NJ315
    Participant

Tied game. Suarez homers

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Two pitches and Suarez crushes one to left. Yep, same old Cardinals. Hack, hack, spew. Buh bye, Poncedeleon’s great debut.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Sure would be nice to have one of the 2 runs we gave up on the base paths. A shame for Ponce.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Well Crap

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Does Norris want to go to bed as badly as the rest of us now? He’s been challenging guys in the zone all night. A walkoff homer wouldn’t be a shock at all.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

All we can say is that Ponce did his job and gave us a chance to win. That’s all I wanted from him tonight.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’ve used our only two relievers who aren’t horrible. They have one of the best relievers in the league set to go in the 10th. What could possibly go wrong?

davecubbs
    Participant

Free

Hmm..let me see here. 2 outs…3 for 3 against me..has my number…has 19 HRs…yep…4 seamer down the old pike

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

yes I would let him throw 150 pitches for a chance at history. he wasnt given that chance… our bullpen was asked to hold a 1 run lead and look what happened… he wont even get the win now. Mike schiltz did this young man an absolute injustice.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

25, that’s what concerns me going forward.

davecubbs
    Participant

Free

Turns 27 in January

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Norris walks the bases loaded. We may not even get to extras.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Game over. This team is infuriating.

NJ315
    Participant

Bullpen does it again. 2-1 Reds is the final

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.