2018 Draft

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goold made it sound like there was going to be a run on guys signing today. It didn’t look like the Cards saved much money with their first two picks, but I figured Gorman might go over and Roberts under so maybe it evens out.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CC, there are all kinds of things I know nothing about. I wonder if $3.3M is enough to open a Foundation which would allow the kid to save a lot of money which would otherwise go to taxes.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I’d like to know where others would place the new signees on the top-50 prospects list. Anybody?

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman was ranked #12 on MLB.com.Roberts #53

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fangraphs redid their top 100 post draft and Gorman was #95, the Cards’ #3. O’Neill is #52 and Kelly #71.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Even though he’s just a high school kid, I have a good vibe about Gorman. (Sorry. But ‘a good vibe’ is about as reliable as anything else we have so far.) And with the way Kelly has been hitting, I’d be willing to put Gorman in at 3, and move Kelly all the way down to that open spot at 11. Then, I think I’d put Roberts in at 12, and move everybody else down one place with Valera dropping off the list.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Valera is playing with the Dodgers. They like his versatility, he’s played 2B-3B-RF for them. He’s been off our list for a while.

So fangraphs still has Kelly ahead of Gorman.

It will be interesting to see how B. Walton sees it in his June monthly prospects list that should be out soon.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

according to BHCard-3 more picks signed today.
    Kevin Woodall 1B #10
    Kyle Leahy RHP #17
    Perry DelleValle RHP #27

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonathanMayo/status/1006923795809079297?s=17

Dunn gets $310K, which is a bit less than the $333,700 slot.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Nootbaar, Donovan & Toerner have also signed.

These pitchers have also signed:
    Edgar Gonzalez
    Michael Baird
    Chris Holba
    Eli Kraus
    Troy Montemayor

All of these guys are tentatively listed on State College’s roster. Shout out to Cooper Deck for responding to my tweet.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

From Jim Callis:
    Duce – $5k
    Woodall – $5K
    Donovan – $200,300

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Right now, the Cardinals are about even in terms of over/under slot.

I guess they are hoping Vargas will sign for $125k + the 5% bonus pool overage, the three remaining Top 10 will sign for slot or under, and all the college players drafted after round 10 will sign for $125k or less…

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have high hopes for Gorman, Baker, and Roberts.

Maybe Gorman can become our version of Kyle Schwarber only better. Hopefully he isn’t another Brett Wallace or Zach Cox.

Some say Roberts could be in St. Louis soon. We shall see.

I don’t know what a good comp for Baker is. Hopefully he is going to be more than Luke Voit, nothing against Luke of course.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Jaden Hill is the only guy that I believe won’t sign. If Gingery, Gonzalez and Nootbaar sign for slot the Cards would have went $13,700 over the limit. They would still have some wiggle room before maxing out the 5% overage.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Vargas signed his contract today.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Cards have $446,300 remaining of their pool allotment. If they choose to go over that amount up to 5% they have $844,720.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Jaden Hill is the only guy that I believe won’t sign.

Calileo?

Vargas signed his contract today.

How much?

Cards have $446,300 remaining of their pool allotment. If they choose to go over that amount up to 5% they have $844,720.

The slot value for Gingery is $446,900…and he is still unsigned, correct?

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Cardinals2016,

Calileo isn’t close to being as highly rated as Jaden Hill is. Monetary amount for Vargas hasn’t been disclosed. I would imagine if it was over the max amount of $125,000 it would have been announced. Gingery is still unsigned and yes his slot value is $446,900. He is also coming off Tommy John surgery.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

According to this article, 15RD pick Mike Brettell has signed but is waiting for his work visa to be issued since he’s Canadian.

https://www.cm-life.com/article/2018/06/baseball-central-michigan-michael-brettell-st-louis-cardinals-mlb-draft-chippewas-excited-started-pitcher-story-6-13-18

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Calileo isn’t close to being as highly rated as Jaden Hill is.

True. But a lot of the pitchers with similar rankings as to Jaden Hill are signing for $1.5-2 million.

I would imagine if it was over the max amount of $125,000 it would have been announced.

Not so sure. They may not have announced because they don’t want to give up leverage in the Gingery negotiations.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder how much cap space the Cards now, have with the 5% included? Gingery would take up a good chunk of what’s left.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gingerhy has signed, but for how much? Maybe 38 out of 41 now after a visa problem is worked out.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wow, talk about a whiff!

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.