Weekly St. Louis team recap

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Weekly St. Louis team recap

This topic contains 155 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 2 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 151 through 156 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I disagree that AHhed was better than Dejong, as Paul led him in most all categories, assists, put outs, range factor, and almost half the errors/ fielding percentage. I also think back to the 2 errors Dejong made on last second decisions to get a force at second instead of the out at first.
    Goldschmidt has very equal stats to Rizzo, but that would be a coin flip to me. Paul saved many errors on errant throws.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In the final SABR Defensive Index, Ahmed was the top fielder in the National League – across all positions. DeJong was a close second. The SDI is made up of five different defensive metrics that are more sophisticated than assists, putouts and errors. (Ahmed also won The Fielding Bible Award at SS across MLB.)

At first, the SDI shows Christian Walker was far better than either Rizzo or Goldschmidt, but it takes time for the reputations of new guys to get voter attention.

If you haven’t read this article yet, I recommend it. (It includes a link to the details of which metrics are included in the SDI.)

SDI Shows Why Only One Cardinal Won a 2019 Gold Glove

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 6 posts - 151 through 156 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years