Weekly St. Louis team recap

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Weekly St. Louis team recap

This topic contains 143 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 6 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 126 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No, I think it is just a mistake. Thanks for reading and for the correction.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gallegos has been worth 1.3 bWAR and 1.1 fWAR this season. Luke Voit has been worth 1.5 on both sites. For as much hand wringing as there has been over that trade, it’s been a general bonus for both teams.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I totally agree. It is funny how trades work out sometimes. If I recall correctly the “headliner” in the Voit trade was supposed to be Shreve, with Gallegos as kind of a throw in. Some throw in. He has turned into a dominant, and I mean dominant, reliever. He could be a closer.

This is how trades are supposed to work. Two guys (Voit and Gallegos) are blocked but then get an opportunity to play regularly with a new team and then shine. Win-win for each organization.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Any update on Alex Reyes?

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Gallegos has been a godsend considering Hicks’ injury and Gant’s decline. Plus Brebbia has become a little spottier. Miller, although he gave up a HR in his second inning last appearance, has become more of a reliable factor recently to also help the cause. I feel like Helsley will help too down the stretch if the Cards can keep pace with the cubs.

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

Ya know I’m starting to believe we can win this thing (division). Screw the Cubs.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Reyes is in Jupiter, throwing but with no target date to return to Memphis.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

I saw where the pirates announcers were dogging munoz for stealing second and third in the 4th inning of Wednesdays game cause the cardinals were up by 7 runs. saying it broke unwritten rules. also they said that the fans were booing munoz when he stole third. first the unwritten rule of stealing when way ahead only applies late in the game. lot of seven run leads have been blown in games, the cardinals just came from seven down vs the reds and that was in the sixth inning I believe. secondly the fans were booing the pirates player for not covering the bag or trying to hold the runner on. I always loved whiteys line. if they stop trying to score runs, we will stop trying to steal bases. I do understand there is a time to take the foot off the gas in a huge blowout but its not the fourth inning, not in the major leagues anyway. with young kids yea. my son played at this park that was not a high level park, it was more for just kids that wanted to play regardless of skill level. well after the end of the season, we would play teams from other parks. one park in particular was known as an elite park far as talent goes, they cut lots of good players there. well this one manager that coached one of the teams from there, had been there lots of years. he did this nice gesture when he knew he was facing a much weaker team. once his team got up by ten runs, he would have his batters put one foot on the plate and bunt the ball, which is an automatic out, no steals or running on passed balls. if the other teams scored some runs, again he would do the same thing once he got back up by ten. I always respected him a lot for that. while I saw some coaches stop running or have their kids bat opposite, I never saw anyone else do that.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This one manager did this nice gesture once his team got up by ten runs. He would have his batters bunt the ball. I always respected him a lot for that.

Thank you Willie! Euro and I have been touting our own version of that exact practice right here at The Cardinal Nation for many years now. We refer to it as TMR (The Mercy Rule)……which is not to be confused with our COTD (Calling Off The Dogs).

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 19 posts - 126 through 144 (of 144 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years